Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread! - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #121
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread!

Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #122
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post

she is huge now
Not that huge like on this photo )) Really )

Elina's Wimbledon phofos
http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=gallery&id=166
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #123
country flag fifty-fifty

fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of

She's in doubles SF too
fifty-fifty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #124
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of Minorellen has much to be proud of

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #125
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #126
country flag Melange

Despite a lengthy rain delay the juniors were able to get on court to play singles semifinal matches on Friday to set up the upcoming finals.

Third-seeded Elina Svitolina of Ukraine will take on fifth-seeded Eugenie Bouchard of Canada in the girls’ final on Saturday. Svitolina took down 14th-seeded Francoise Abanda of Canada 64 36 62 in one semifinal. Bouchard sent 11th-seeded Anett Kontaveit of Estonia packing 76(3) 64.

All the competitors today had to hang out and keep themselves entertained for a number of hours before the rain stopped.

“It was difficult because I was waiting for my match because of the rain,” Svitolina said. “And they changed my match because we were supposed to play the second match. And it was difficult to go into the match for a few games.”

The 17-year-old Svitolina is playing in her first Grand Slam junior tournament since 2010. Back in that year she won the Roland Garros girls’ trophy. “I’m so happy that I passed the semifinals and it’s a great feeling that I will play again in a junior Grand Slam final,” Svitolina said after the match. “I was feeling good with the way I was playing.”

Svitolina was the player who took the chances in the match. She made 28 unforced errors to 19 for Abanda. However, taking the risks allowed her 35 winners to only 22 for Abanda.

The Ukrainian was looking forward to facing Bouchard in the final. “I think it will be a good match and I will try to show my game,” Svitolina said. “I will try to play good. Two years ago I played here and lost first round which was not so good. And now I like to play here. I like to play everywhere -- I like to play on clay and hard and grass. I cannot say where I prefer to play.”

Svitolina, the 2010 Roland Garros girls champion, prevented an all-Canadian final when she came from behind to beat 15-year-old Francoise Abanda 6-4, 3-6, 6-2 in the semifinals. Trailing 2-0 in the final set, the third-seeded Svitolina, who turns 18 in September, drew on her experience to win the final six games of the match.

"I started not so good, did a lot of mistakes, and she started good and was focused," Svitolina said of the early stages of the third set. "I lost my serve and knew I needed to be more focused or she would win. My head was somewhere out of the court, but then ball by ball and step by step I went, and I was playing well and feeling good."

Svitolina said she thought Abanda might have let a correction call on a serve bother her at a key stage in the third set.

"When it was 3-2 for me, the referee made a mistake and we had to replay her serve. At 15-30, on her first serve the linesman called out, but it was good. I didn't play, because of the call and we replay the point and I win an important point."

Asked if her experience may have been a factor in shifting the momentum, Svitolina said she thought it was, but had nothing but praise for the young Canadian.

"She's young, but she's a great player," said Svitolina, who played Fed Cup for Ukraine against the US back in April. "I think she has a great future."

Svitolina is happy to be back in a final and despite her success on clay, she is comfortable on grass.

"I like to play on grass and I got used to it this week," said Svitolina. "It was great to play here and I hope to play good tomorrow."

Svitolina has the experience, but she won in her first junior slam final at Roland Garros, so she knows it doesn't guarantee her a victory.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #127
country flag Melange

Old Jul 8th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #128
country flag GSFriek

GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light GSFriek is a glorious beacon of light

Yesterday I was at Wimbledon and managed to see Elina in two matches. First, the singles final, was a shame for her. She obviously has much potential, shown in brief flashes and in her doubles match but she seemed to be overwhelmed by the situation. In the doubles she was very unlucky not to win but her opponents were simply better. Despite Daria and her, especially Daria, playing with great heart and trying to keep up, the younger girls simply made a better team. I wish her good luck in her other tournaments.
GSFriek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #129
country flag Melange

Wimbledon Final

[3] Elina SVITOLINA lost to Bouchard 6-2 6-2

Wimbledon Dbls Semi Final

[2] Daria GAVRILOVA (RUS)/Elina SVITOLINA lost to Belinda BENCIC (SUI)/Ana KONJUH (CRO) [7] 5-7 6-3 6-1
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #130
country flag Melange

Wimbledon

Old Jul 19th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #131
country flag Melange

$50,000 Donetsk
Elina SVITOLINA (UKR) [4] 6-0 6-1 Ekaterina IVANOVA (RUS) [8]
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #132
country flag Melange

$50,000 Donetsk SF
Vesna DOLONC (SRB) 6-1 7-5 Elina SVITOLINA (UKR) [4]

Last edited by Melange : Jul 23rd, 2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 03:43 AM   #133
country flag Melange

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 10:21 AM   #134
country flag Melange

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM   #135
country flag Melange

Wimbledon 2012 Girls Final.

http://fr1.startimes2.com/f.aspx?t=3...7&r=1171915924