Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #46
country flag fifty-fifty

fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of
Re: Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectForm View Post
Actually, I think she is transiting relatively well.

Other top juniors like Pivovarova, Gavrilova and even Pavlychenkova were stucked in the 500s/600s for the first 2 years they started ITFs. Elina only started ITFs last year and with her limited schedule so far has reached a career high of 300+, made 25K finals & 50K qtrs which is quite an achievement.

Well, I have higher expectations for her. Before the age restrictions 16 years olds did much better than she's doing now. I hope she continues her steady progress, but so far there was no real breakthrough yet.
fifty-fifty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #47
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

I have to say that from what I saw of her, she hits the ball and moves well. So, skills wise she is there. However, it is more of her mental strength and ability to keep believing that holds her back. Even when she shouts 'come on' or 'davai' to motivate herself, you can sense there are times when she is trying to push herself but just doesn't truly believe in herself.

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #48
country flag A-Fillee

A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice A-Fillee is just really nice

Next : 01/8 75.000+H Beijing
A-Fillee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM   #49
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Lost in R1 to Diyas. Expected She wasted one of her JEs there, should have used it on a 50K or something.

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM   #50
country flag PerfectForm

Elina won her first pro-title @ 10K Istanbul She has also won her first round quali match for the 50K there the following week. She must be feeling tired but hopefully, she will push through and do really well in the 50K as well!

Old Aug 28th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #51
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

She ended up making it to the quarterfinals where she lost to Larriere 6-1 6-4. Still a good week and a nice rise in the rankings.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:11 PM   #52
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

won the 25k in nigeria.
comonn

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:29 PM   #53
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Finally she's making a breakthrough it seems.
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 02:10 PM   #54
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Well done This win means that Elina enters top 300 for the first time

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:59 PM   #55
country flag PerfectForm

Yes! First 25K . If she plays well enough early next season, she just might make RG qualies cutoff.

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #56
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

Into the semis of this week's 25k in Nigeria.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #57
country flag PerfectForm

If she wins this tournament as well, she will be well into the top 300.

Old Oct 28th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #58
country flag PerfectForm

Unfortunately Elina lost her SF match against Hendler but great 2 weeks nonetheless. I was hoping she would win the second 25K & somehow squeeze one more tournament to make AO qualies.

Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 03:26 PM   #59
country flag PerfectForm

She is into the second round of 75K Toyota She had a brilliant stroke of luck when Shevdova withdrew and ended up giving Elina a LL as an opponent.

Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM   #60
BlueTrees

Elina's doing very well in $50,000 Ankara.

1R: Elina Svitolina (UKR) df. (1)Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA) 6-2 7-5
2R: Elina Svitolina (UKR) df. Olga Savchuk (UKR) 6-3 6-1
QF: Elina Svitolina (UKR) df. Amra Sadikovic (SUI) 4-6 6-1 7-6(9)

She saved seven match points to beat Sadikovic! In the semifinals she plays (6)Kristina Mladenovic.

I've been so impressed with Elina's form lately. These last few months have been great!