Will Serena play tennis again? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #1
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute
Will Serena play tennis again?

I think that the foot issue is bigger than she's leading on. And if she does play tennis again, will it ever be at the same standard that we saw this year at Wimbledon?

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tenni.../10/rewna.html
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #2
country flag selesisqueen

selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold
Re: Will Serena play tennis again?

She is turning 29. That is the age all tennis players slow down anyway. It didnt stop Navratilova from dominating tennis at age 29 and 30 past her prime but she had such weak competition like a prime Steffi Graf.
selesisqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #3
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute

Dont be so overdramatic.. Muzza in that pic

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #4
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

She'll always have her serve. So it won't be a problem to win slams. Especially since most of the other girls don't have serves at all.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #5

selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold

I think Serena will end up with 16 slams. She will win 1 next year, either the Australian or Wimbledon but not both. Then 1 more in 2012. She will then win 1 more after that but I dont know if that is 2013 or another year.

If she were luckier to play in the really weak era the clown Steffi Graf dominated from 1987 to 1996 she would have won 35 or more slams though.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #6
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

She'll come back and prove you wrong.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
She'll come back and prove you wrong.
Serena is not lacking in legends talent like the overrated and lucky Graf, so she is far more likely to come back from a serious injury as she approaches 30 than the far less talented Steffi Graf.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #8
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. now do something else
Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #9
country flag silyaunWILLIAMS

silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of silyaunWILLIAMS has much to be proud of

Yes, she will. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if she won the Australian, she has her serve and that alone wins Grand Slams.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #10
country flag BluSthil

BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all

According to ESPN, Serena re-injures foot, 'likely out for the year'.

I think people may be a bit over entusiastic about Serena winning 16 slams. As with Venus, Serena is prone to injuries. With her foot being another injury to contend with (Venus with her knee & thigh), Serena will be fortunate to win 3 more slams. The young players will step up to the plate, be more conditioned, and weight training will improve their serves. "Father Time" sometimes is generous with an athlete when their in excellent health, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the WS. "Father Time" will tell...
BluSthil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #11
country flag 50Sense
Forget Me Not (July 17)

50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute 50Sense has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSthil View Post
According to ESPN, Serena re-injures foot, 'likely out for the year'.

I think people may be a bit over entusiastic about Serena winning 16 slams. As with Venus, Serena is prone to injuries. With her foot being another injury to contend with (Venus with her knee & thigh), Serena will be fortunate to win 3 more slams. The young players will step up to the plate, be more conditioned, and weight training will improve their serves. "Father Time" sometimes is generous with an athlete when their in excellent health, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the WS. "Father Time" will tell...
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #12
country flag BluSthil

BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all

Get some sleep 50Sense. You look beat...
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #13

What good young players? The only way Serena doesnt win atleast 3 more slams is if Henin, Clijsters, and the even older Venus really step up more. The only young players capable of winning slams right now are Wozniacki, Azarenka, and maybe Sharapova. And even none of those three are certain.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #14
country flag BluSthil

selesisqueen,

The only sure thing is Death & Taxes ! I will say this however, if Serena can stay healthy (very questionable), play only the slams, she may reach Navratilova and Everett.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #15
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is
MB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote