Should we have a Blast Chat thread? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should the Blast have 1 unified chat thread?

Yes. One unifed chat thread-delete the other 3 4 57.14%
No. Keep things the way they are. 3 42.86%
Other option. Be specific. 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 7th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Should we have a Blast Chat thread?

One idea for improving the Blast has been to create a unified chat thread. I am seriously considering the idea.

(For ideas on how to improve the blast in general please see http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=419584

I would like your opinions on this particular matter here.

Should the Blast have

A. One unified chat thread-closing down the 3 other threads. The three threads are;

Back!Back! Back! http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=41672

Seles Power Invincible! vol 2 http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=335287

Hello-And I'm Back http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=406332

B. Keep things the way they are.

Finally-if we have an official chat thread would anyone (Miranda, Galadriel ) like to be in charge of it?

Thanks all

Last edited by Rollo : Oct 8th, 2010 at 12:04 AM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #2
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should we have a Blast Chat thread?

While I do not participate in chat threads, I do think they are very important for a forum to generate regular traffic. Keeping that in mind, the chat threads should stay. A unified chat thread would force everyone to interact with each other, which would mean less cliques. But, it could also be a mess of different conversations all over the place.
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #3
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
One idea for improving the Blast has been to create a unified chat thread. I am seriously considering the idea.

(For ideas on how to improve the blast in general please see http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=419584

I would like your opinions on this particular matter here.

Should the Blast have

A. One unified chat thread-closing down the 3 other threads.

B. Keep things the way they are.

Finally-if we have an official chat thread would anyone (Miranda, Galadriel ) like to be in charge of it?

Thanks all
Rollo - you do a marvelous job with this site. Thanks much!

Forgive my cluelessness with your particular question, but one unified chat thread, and closing down the other 3 threads. Do you mean closing down the 3 threads that appear at the top "Women's Tennis Results"; "Tournament Winners by Event"; and "Home of Tennis Greats", along with Thread Finder.

When I am looking for particular info or topics, I do like the ability to easily search.

Currently, there are a host of different threads, from 1923 results, to who the 4th best player of 1998 to Nancy Richey. Are you suggesting all those threads are combined into one? For me, I'd find that to be confusing.

(I stopped reading the posts on the Tennis.com site, with Pete Bodo's column. It's a long mish mash of comments, posted in real time. Many people reacting to the column, with discussions of on going matches, other current tennis topics, as well as lots of personal anecdotes flying by. I never got that kind of online tennis community. At least with BFTP, there are dedicated topics, and those who want to post/respond, or even argue points, are generally good about staying mostly on topic - and yes yours truly has certainly strayed from time to time.)

Whatever you decide to do, is what will happen. I do appreciate the site, and hope it continues. Thanks again.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #4
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rollo - you do a marvelous job with this site. Thanks much!
Thank YOU Dennis. I'll clarify. The results sections will stay the same. By the 3 chat threads I really mean these threads..

Back!Back! Back! http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=41672

Seles Power Invincible! vol 2 http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=335287

Hello-And I'm Back http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=406332

There have been complaints about 3 different chat threads cluttering up the forum. The other complaint is it is hard for people to find chat threads when they aren't identified. The proposed solution would allow those interested in chats threads to always know where to go.

Last edited by Rollo : Oct 8th, 2010 at 12:07 AM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #5
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

it's a very good idea Rollo
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #6
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute

B please

coz "Seles' power" thread has started as early as 2001, almost 10 yeas while "I am back" just this year and I want to keep this memorable thread alone.

Also, Back-Back-Back is not really a chat thread, its a thread of our crazy imagination (mainly just between me, gala and now Oizo), I think its better to separate "formal chat" and "crazy chat" and I want to keep our "masterpiece" intact. Whats more, the "Seles' power" thread are mainly consisted of conversations between those who love seles only, if we combine all threads together, it would be a bit confusing

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.

Last edited by Miranda : Oct 8th, 2010 at 09:02 AM.
Miranda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #7
galadriel

galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep things the way they are "Our" thread is nearly 10 years old.Please don't delete it ....
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #8
country flag austinrunner

austinrunner has disabled reputation

These are not appropriate threads, in my opinion. And if these threads are kept active, they need to be renamed to what they really are.
austinrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #9
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinrunner View Post
These are not appropriate threads, in my opinion. And if these threads are kept active, they need to be renamed to what they really are.
"Seles' power, invincible" and "back back back" threads were created when seles was still playing on the tour and in the old forum which belonged to Seles. They have almost 10 years of history before they were being moved by the mods to this "Blast from the past" forum. I think they are old enough to belong in this "Blast from the past" forum. I agree that they should be renamed to reflect their actual status though. But they are not inappropriate, they marked the long term friendship of many posters

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 04:24 AM   #10

That's what "Non-tennis" and "General messages" are for. Also, the social networking sites like Facebook.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #11
country flag Miranda

Quote:
That's what "Non-tennis" and "General messages" are for. Also, the social networking sites like Facebook.
I think besides talking about tennis, we can also talk about our lives with other fans right? At the time we created these threads, facebook was not existed nor was there "General message", "Non Tennis".

Last edited by Miranda : Oct 12th, 2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #12
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
I think besides talking about tennis, we can also talk about our lives with other fans right? At the time we created these threads, facebook was not existed nor was there "General message", "Non Tennis".
well said Miranda !
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #13

I don't think that what happened in the dark ages (more than 10 years ago) has any relationship with what we're doing now and in the future.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #14
country flag Miranda

Quote:
I don't think that what happened in the dark ages (more than 10 years ago) has any relationship with what we're doing now and in the future.
I respected your opinion. But you are not me, who have participated in these threads for almost 10 years, come here almost every day to "talk" with my old friends, feeling warm and happy whenever I see their posts, comforting each other when we are down ......, so I don't think you would understand why I wanted to keep these threads untouched

Old Oct 12th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #15
galadriel

galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
"Seles' power, invincible" and "back back back" threads were created when seles was still playing on the tour and in the old forum which belonged to Seles. They have almost 10 years of history before they were being moved by the mods to this "Blast from the past" forum. I think they are old enough to belong in this "Blast from the past" forum. I agree that they should be renamed to reflect their actual status though. But they are not inappropriate, they marked the long term friendship of many posters

The threads are not inappropriate !!!! But I understand that some people are confused about their titles.Maybe we can rename it ?