She's a BOMB - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #1246
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute
Re: She's a BOMB - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread

YAS !!! Well done.
Duval is gonna be tough
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2014, 12:07 AM   #1247
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

lost too Duval Victoria Duval d. Belinda Bencic 6-7(8), 6-0, 7-6(5) had two MP in the third set, Hopefully she can get an LL spot
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 12:12 AM   #1248
country flag GreatFriendly

GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice GreatFriendly is just really nice

Valiant fight against the Sham Open's shenanigans. I can sympathize with any victim of this devilish tournament.

I question why she chose to play here instead of Florianopolis, is she going to somehow get into the Indian Wells tournament or did she just hop to Acapulco because its owned by her sponsor Octagon? If its the former than I can't blame her but if it's the latter her team is a tad dumb.

Take consolation in the fact that you wouldn't have enjoyed seeing any of her tennis this week anyways and instead would have to slavishly watch a cold digital scoreboard.

Last edited by GreatFriendly : Feb 25th, 2014 at 12:17 AM.
GreatFriendly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 12:16 AM   #1249
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

IDK Maybe it because of her Sponsor like you said or she just didn't know Florianopolis had an weak entry list & yes I think she will play IW & Miami
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #1250
country flag meigui1990

meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice meigui1990 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
IDK Maybe it because of her Sponsor like you said or she just didn't know Florianopolis had an weak entry list & yes I think she will play IW & Miami
I don't think she can play IW due to AER
meigui1990 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #1251
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute
Damn Is there a ll spot ?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #1252
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #1253
country flag Trey

Belinda Benčič got an MDWC into BNP Pasirbas Open

Quote:
Former top five players Nadia Petrova and Vera Zvonareva; Americans Donald Young, Jack Sock, Ryan Harrison, Steve Johnson, Rhyne Williams, Coco Vandeweghe, Shelby Rogers, Vicky Duval and Taylor Townsend; and Donna Vekic and Belinda Bencic were granted wildcards into the main draws of the BNP Paribas Open, to be held March 3 - 16 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, it was announced today by Tournament Director Steve Simon.

Russia’s Nadia Petrova has won 13 career WTA single titles and 24 doubles crowns. The former World No. 3 has reached nine Grand Slam quarterfinals, advancing to the semifinals twice. Fellow Russian star and 2009 BNP Paribas Open champion Vera Zvonareva has 12 career WTA singles triumphs and six doubles titles. The former World No. 2 also has two Grand Slam finals appearances.

In addition, nine Americans have been granted wildcards into the main draws including Donald Young, who reached the third round of this year’s Australian Open; 21-year-old Jack Sock, who advanced to the third round of the 2013 U.S. Open; Ryan Harrison, who boasted a career-high ranking of No. 43 in 2012; two-time NCAA Champion from USC Steve Johnson, who reached the third round of the 2012 US Open; Rhyne Williams, who is coming off a quarterfinals appearance at Delray Beach, pushing top-ranked American and World No. 13 John Isner to three sets; Coco Vandeweghe, a two-time ITF singles winner; Shelby Rogers, a four-time singles champion on the ITF circuit; Vicky Duval, who achieved a career-high ranking earlier this year after jumping 528 rankings places since the end of 2011; and 17-year-old Taylor Townsend, who turned professional in 2012 after reaching the top of the junior rankings earlier that year.

Two other international players receiving main draw wildcards are 17-year-old Croatian Donna Vekic, who reached a career-high ranking of No. 62 in 2013 and 16-year-old Belinda Bencic of Switzerland, who advanced to the second round of the Australian Open earlier this year.

“This year’s main draw wildcards span from established veterans, to rising American and international stars,” said Simon. “Awarding wildcards to players like Nadia Petrova, Vera Zvonareva, Donald Young, Jack Sock and others, add to the excitement for fans and provide the potential for these deserving athletes to make a run at the BNP Paribas Open.”

Qualifying wildcards were given to Americans Raymond Sarmiento, Stefan Kozlov, Clay Thompson, Irina Falconi, Madison Brengle, Grace Min and Allie Kiick, Australia’s Thanasi Kokkinaxis and the United Kingdom’s Heather Watson.

Sarmiento is a senior-standout at USC and member of two NCAA team championships for the Trojans. Sixteen-year-old Kozlov achieved a career-high ranking in February, after turning pro in 2013. Thompson reached a career-high ranking in 2013. Falconi cracked the WTA top 100 in 2011 and advanced to the second round of this year’s Australian Open. Brengle reached a career-high ranking earlier this year, and has won five ITF singles titles. Min won the 2011 US Open Junior Championship and three ITF titles in 2012, while Kiick also has three ITF singles crowns. Kokkinaxis advanced to the second round at this year’s Australian Open, where he pushed World No. 1 Rafael Nadal to three sets. Watson has one WTA singles title and two doubles titles.

In addition to the aforementioned qualifying wildcards, the winners of each BNP Paribas Challenge, the pre-qualifying event for the tournament, which takes place February 24 – March 1, will also be granted a berth into the 2014 BNP Paribas Open qualifying draw. Women’s qualifying starts March 3 and men’s qualifying begins March 4.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #1254
country flag ce

YAS

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #1255
country flag vodnar

vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Belinda Benčič got an MDWC into BNP Pasirbas Open
good luck
vodnar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 07:04 AM   #1256
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Plays a Qualifier in Round 1. Round two would be Radwanska then
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

Old Mar 6th, 2014, 01:22 AM   #1257
country flag Trey

lost R1: Heather Watson def Belinda Bencic 75 64
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 03:51 AM   #1258
country flag Zhang Sijie

Zhang Sijie is an unknown quantity at this point

cry
Zhang Sijie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #1259
country flag LightsOut!

Will Belinda participate in the Youth Olympic Games 2014?
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

Old Mar 6th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #1260
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.forbes.com/sites/miguelmo...o-millionaire/

16-Year-Old Tennis Pro Belinda Bencic Has 11 Sponsors But She's No Millionaire

Tennis is getting older, but no one gave Belinda Bencic the heads up.

Last month’s Australian Open served as the 16-year-old’s coming out party. After winning three qualifying rounds, the Swiss prodigy beat Kimiko Date-Krumm (who at 43 is still playing top 100 tennis) in the first round only to face eventual champ Li Na.

Though Bencic lost to Li, she showed uncommon poise and displayed a big-swinging game that belies her age. Li praised her young opponent afterwards, saying she played “exactly like Martina Hingis.” “When someone like Li Na compliments you, it gives you confidence that you are on the right path,” Bencic told FORBES.

It’s not the first time the Hingis comparison has been thrown around. Both players hail from Switzerland and have roots in Slovakia. Their forehands look alike too; they both like to take that shot early, robbing their opponents of time. Melanie Molitor, Martina Hingis’ mother and former coach, now works with Bencic as well.

But at 16 Hingis had already won three Slams. Bencic has won just three tour-level matches (five counting Fed Cup). It’s been a decade since Maria Sharapova won Wimbledon at 17. The youngest player in the top 100 is Madison Keys, a great talent at 19 but still too unpolished to truly contend at Slams. The combination of rally-prolonging racquet technology, slower courts and stiffer competition at all levels of the game means we may never see another 16 year old triumph at tennis’ biggest tournaments.

That’s why a young talent like Belinda Bencic makes heads turn. She’s only 16 but has already faced Slam champs Venus Williams, Petra Kvitova, Samantha Stosur and Li Na. While she’s yet to claim a major scalp, she almost singlehandedly won a Fed Cup away tie in France for Switzerland earlier this month.

Bencic’s uncanny progress on an aging tour masks a larger trend—fledgling pros are finding it increasingly difficult to make a living on the tour. “For these young players, juniors [tennis is] so expensive. It makes sense for them to get deals,” said Nigel Currie, Director of Sports Marketing at brandRapport.

It’s not uncommon for top tennis prospects who travel internationally for tournaments to run up $100,000 in yearly costs. Right now Bencic is the hottest 16-year-old tennis player in the world, but she only took home $2,300 in her last two tournaments. This helps put the sponsorships in context.

At first glance, those 11 deals appear to be a money grab, but it’s fairer to say they’re a calculated investment in the future on the brands’ part, and a good way for Bencic to subsidize the costs of playing on the WTA before the wins really start coming. The amount a sponsorship for a rising star pays out can run as little as $10,000, all the way to $100,000. Compared to the multimillion-dollar deals Sharapova, Serena and Li take home, it’s a pittance. If Bencic continues her climb, making the top 100 and reaching the second week at Slams for example, the brands involved at this early stage will get a first pass at offering her sweeter deals, Currie said.

For now, what money there is gives Bencic the opportunity to play against top competition. This dovetails neatly with her current philosophy: “At this point in my career, I always try and learn from the big champions.” And she doesn’t have to rely on the good graces of an individual investor or the charity of the Swiss tennis federation, which lacks the war chest that its counterparts in the U.S. and U.K. boast.

To hear it from Bencic, the relative security these partnerships promise is freeing. “None of the sponsors put pressure on me. I put pressure on myself but I think this is normal when you want to become a champion.”

It’s a long march to championship tennis though, and the road to tennis stardom is littered with the stories of wunderkinds like Nicole Vaidisova, Donald Young and Jelena Dokic, who either burned out or never quite fulfilled the promise of youth thanks to injuries, unrealistic expectations, lack of motivation and countless other setbacks that befall athletes trying to break through on the tour.

Bencic’s rapid improvement and her competitive mettle have allayed these fears, for the moment at least. In the last year, she’s climbed over 400 ranking spots. At 146 in the world, she’s knocking on the top 100 at an age when she’s still restricted from playing a full season.

Said Currie, “It’s pretty clear she’s a huge talent. People believe she’s destined for the top.” The team that surrounds Bencic believes it as well. Her manager, former ice hockey player Marcel Niederer, has been instrumental in securing the funding she needs to play on tour. And Molitor’s training complements the coaching Bencic receives from her low-key but committed father.

Bencic’s agent, Alastair Garland, summed up the expectant, determined mood in Bencic’s camp for FORBES, “No more juniors at this point. She’s earned the right to take the next step.”
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote