Mirjana Lucic Comeback Thread! pt2 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #31
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana Lucic Comeback Thread! pt2

Guys we have been talking about 100 points to defend since after Wimbledon. And she has won around 300 points since then so whatever happens it will be fantastic season
And she has almost no points to defend until Spring next year
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 26th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #32
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Keep that up please!
Baltacha,Dominguez Lino,Fedossova,King,Lapushchenkova,Pironkova,Pivov arova,Srebotnik,Stevenson
|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!|
0002... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Security Guard and Bouncer of Don't knock the Dok
My Queens of Stuttgart: Venus Williams & Victoria Azarenka!
Ballbasher is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #33
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Yes. Duh.

But she is playing five more events this season, and all 50K or bigger (which was NOT the case last year), and will be seeded in each event, so don't rain on our parade!

She has 108 points to "meet" for the rest of the season, and then everything else she does is pure gravy for her in terms of going above the 115 ranking, no matter what points drop off.

Depending upon how this match goes, she could put herself in choice territory no matter what.

It is the year-end ranking that counts for her now, and I do mean December 31, 2010.
Why the unnecessary rudeness? I wasn't responding to a comment you had made to begin with, just sharing information with another poster who may not have been aware. I'm also the last person you should be accusing of raining on Miki's parade.
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #34
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic fan View Post
Guys we have been talking about 100 points to defend since after Wimbledon.
Yes, darling angel, but you know better than any of us that it is the "timing" of this defense-of-points. The strategy is key.

Yes, indeed, those 108 friggin' points were out there forever at the tail-end of 09, but she needs to "position" herself for 2011 (and a MD Aussie Open berth) by specifically shoring-up her finish to this year. It's the whole game, the whole WTA thing, but in her case, it is crucial that she strategize for points in this particular way, at this ass-end of the season.

God, has she won the first set, yet? I am afraid to even look.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #35
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

6-1 2-2, no holds in set2
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #36
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

6-1 Lucic
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #37
xcrtbckhnd

You're quicker than me! Hold serve Miki!
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #38
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana did the good choice by playing those american ITF instead of Asian quallies.
She's pretty much guaranted to score some wins in all of them and some nice poins too. And she spends less precious money.
She'll get that top 105 position.

But I want her to stop playing before november and have a long off season.
2011 and WTA is what matters most

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM   #39
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

[quote=xcrtbckhnd;18576557]Why the unnecessary rudeness?QUOTE]

Gosh, I am sorry; I did not mean anything personally and I apologize. I am sometimes too exuberant (no additional comments from the gallery, thank you) and would never intentionally be rude to you. Your comment was a good comment to which I felt inspired to reply.

Again, I apologize. I did not intend to be rude.

Best,

Ian
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #40
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

A break here would be nice. Miki's progress this season has been awesome. Merely three-four months ago we were wondering if she would make qualies cut offs at slams, now we're wondering if she'll make the main draw cut offs - a huge leap.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #41
country flag mikireturns

Yes, but Miki will be the first to tell you that she thrives on having a lot of matches and little down-time.

A month off in December to enjoy her comeback with family at the holidays will be ideal. No one on this damned tour has earned it more. But she will indeed need to be in tip-top, out-of-her-mind shape for the launch in Australia in 2011.

She wants to reach that next level, so she will need to be sharper than the sharpest blade, going into next season.

But Miki knows this, guys. She actually, really does.
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #42
xcrtbckhnd

No worries Ian - I know that you've got no shortage of exuberance - let's just chalk it up to that and keep encouraging our star to keep moving onwards and upwards!
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #43
xcrtbckhnd

Score please?
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #44
xcrtbckhnd

4-3 LLW leading I believe?
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #45
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

LLW leads 4-3 in the second set
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote