WCC - West Coast Conference - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #31
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WCC - West Coast Conference

the scary thing is, Oates and Walters didn't even play singles during the tournament.
Just imagine when both are healthy and in good condition next season
Walters Oates Issara / Colffer Zalameda / Granillo / Guillermo

Wow, someone might not even be a starter scary-deep like UCLA..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 25th, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #32
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
hoping SMC to get an at large, their ranking is ridiculously low They did beat 27th USD 5-2 or something
St Mary's will likely be the last team IN or the first team OUT

As I understand the final selection spots, the committee will take 'a look at' teams within 2 points in the ranking number. Such as they may jump Boston College over Kansas State based on the following:

Then have criteria that includes, but may not be limited to,

1) Head to head wins (SM did not play LB or CP for whatever reasons and one of those two will also be a final spot contender... so having those matches cancelled will hurt SM if one of those is the competition to get in)

2) Win vs in (meaning a win by SMC over # 26 USD... or Boston College has a couple good wins)... so they get a point

3) Ranking point differential more than 1 pt (it currently is... so they lose a point to the team being compared to them

Now what?

What will the bounce from beating Santa Clara in the consolation match be? What will it be a week from now when the computer spins twice on that last day? Will Santa Clara be 'passed' by other teams that win some tournament matches and thus SM's consolation win over Santa Clara washes out a bit?

SM right now is truely LB last year... ON THE BUBBLE; LB had a win over team that was IN (mid-30's Nebraska) but ended up being the first team not to get into the tournament last year.

Prior to Tues 4/26 rankings, # 45 is currently the bubble. That factors in that # 44 Bill & Mary won their league so it adds that last spot to get to an unusually deep # 45 with twelve conference winners within the at large range plus add backs.

However, to get to # 45 # 39 SD State must win MWest and that either # 40 LB or # 42 CP win the Big West. Should those not occur, the number moves forward again. Bill & Mary will move up in the rankings this week so that add back is solid.

I believe the only outstanding automatics with high ranked teams are Big12 (lots of options), Big 10 (options), Big East (ND; So Florida) MWest (SD State) or Big West (LB or CP). If others win the number moves the BUBBLE forward.

Last edited by form : Apr 25th, 2011 at 08:56 PM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #33
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know if Isip is staying or leaving SMC? I know that there was talk of her leaving after one year...
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #34
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Does anyone know if Isip is staying or leaving SMC? I know that there was talk of her leaving after one year...
She is staying. I hope SMC gets that spot. Them playing Pepp in the semis of WCC really hurt them. It went down to the wire in the regular season match and their loss made them the 3rd seed. I'm just praying that they rise into a bid.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #35
country flag form

SMC is # 43 and looks to slide in with # 44 Kansas State the bubble that gets in.... unless the following scenario occurs

1) If SD State or Utah win instead of UNLV... since UNLV ranking should hold. That would move bubble to # 43.

2) K State still playing in Big 12 tourney this weekend could gain points. That could jump them over St Marys and leave SMC at # 44.

Question is does an LB or CP get in if they don't win tourney? Currently yes but if they compare results that could get interesting. No head to head but LB does have a common opponents are a push (LB beat Sac State, SMC beat UCSB). Not sure how they would look at that?

So SMC would prefer to see UNLV win the league and keep at large at # 44 for breathing space.

3) Same true with Big West... either Cal Poly or LB leaves the at large at # 44. Otherwise it drops to # 43 and everybody is holding their breath.
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #36
country flag form

Bubble (last spot) just dropped to #43

TCU just upset UNLV 4-2. Means either TCU or Utah will win MWC. Neither was in at large range in current rankings.

CSUN upset of Cal Poly leaves door open to drop last at large to as low as 42 if LB is not ultimately BW winner. Update: Irvine has also beat higher seeded UC Davis soundly. So the BW gets more interesting.

Elsewhere for the SMC bubble watch... a little help at # 44 K State got rolled by Texas. So they will pick up some decimal points for their win over lowly U Kansas yesterday but nothing more.

Last edited by form : Apr 30th, 2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:29 PM   #37
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

The 29th-ranked Toreros (19-5) won their first NCAA match in their first NCAA appearance since 1999 and their second NCAA opening-round win over the Runnin' Rebels (20-6) all-time.

USD and UNLV previously met in the first round of the NCAAs in 1997 with the Toreros winning 5-4.

linkhttp://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/w-...051411aaa.html

what's that mark on the cap players are wearing? I thought it a little weird

copied the result from the UNLV site though, since it's more detailed;

NCAA Championships First Round Women's Tennis Results
#29 SAN DIEGO 4, #39 UNLV 2
May 14, 2011 at Los Angeles
(Los Angeles Tennis Center)
Singles (USD earns three team points)
1. Lucia Batta (UNLV) vs. #71 Stephanie Hoffpauir (USD) 6-7, 6-0, DNF
2. Aleksandra Josifoska (UNLV) def. Josymar Escalona (USD) 6-1, 6-2
3. Laura Claus (USD) def. Nives Pavlovic (UNLV) 6-2, 6-4
4. Juliette Coupez (USD) def. Adrienn Hidvegi (UNLV) 6-2, 6-4
5. Anna Depenau (USD) def. Jana Albers (UNLV) 6-4, 7-5
6. Anna Maskaljun (UNLV) def. Maja Sujica (USD) 7-5, 6-0

Doubles (USD earns one team point)
1. #88 Juliette Coupez/Stephanie Hoffpauir (USD) def. Aleksandra Josifoska/Nives Pavlovic (UNLV) 8-6
2. Lucia Batta/Anna Maskaljun (UNLV) def. Laura Claus/Josymar Escalona (USD) 8-4
3. Anna Depenau/Maja Sujica (USD) def. Jana Albers/Adrienn Hidvegi (UNLV) 8-4
ORDER OF FINISH -- Doubles: 3,2,1; Singles: 2,3,6,4,5

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #38
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

uploaded videos of UNLV vs USD as usual

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 04:11 PM   #39
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Pepperdine plays against Stanford, USC, UCLA, CAL, ASU, Florida, Florida State(home)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 04:22 PM   #40
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Jack Kramer Invitational)
Day: Friday
Date: Oct. 28, 2011

till 30,

and Baylor also plays

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:43 AM   #41
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

videos of SMC's recruits;

Catherine Leduc

Elisabeth Searl

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #42
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Laura Claus

"A lot of coaches came to Germany to look at how I was playing"

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #43
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Walters, Oates, and Zalameda of PEPP are not playing in SW R.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #44
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Pepperdine

Lorraine Guillermo def. Brynn Boren 7-5, 2-6, 2-1 (retired) to win the Costa Mesa Intercollegiate Women's Open title.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #45
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

2012 WCC Women's Tennis Preseason Poll
1. Pepperdine - 59 (4)
2. Saint Mary's - 57 (3)
3. San Diego - 54 (2)
4. BYU - 41
5. Santa Clara - 39
6. Loyola Marymount - 24
7. San Francisco - 22
8. Portland - 15
9. Gonzaga - 13

2012 Preseason All-Conference Team
Ale Granillo, PEP
Arianna Colffer, PEP
Catherine Isip, SMC
Jenny Jullien, SMC
Katie Le, SCU
Stephanie Hoffpauir, USD

- Woodrow Wilson