The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires...... - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #61
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

Personally what will that do when the WS retires Serena doesn't even commit to the WTA events so it's like she's retired already and does that make a difference in the WTA ? Tennis kept, continues and will continue moving on as everytime but to me it'll be a shame if Serena retires before 34-35 and very disrespectful for her fans... to me she has easy 5-6 years tennis left in her especially when your game wasn't as physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
The same thing was said when Sampras, Agassi, Courier and Chang were on their way out, but guess what? American tennis is still alive. When the Williams sisters retire, guess what? American tennis will still be alive.
America the next Great Britain... after the WS the US will have to wait some good amount of years before a player even wins a major.
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #62
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you not like the Williams Sisters or something?
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 04:04 AM   #63

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
I have a feeling it will be Venus first. But i think both of them got a few years left in them yet. Fingers crossed.
You don't think they will retire together?
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”

Jesus Christ!!
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 05:57 AM   #64
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollaneres25 View Post
Do you not like the Williams Sisters or something?
Actually, Venus and Serena, in that order, are my favorite players. What I was trying to say with the smilies was that when they retire, I'll tip my hat to them as a show of respect, then I'll move on to watch more tennis. I didn't stop watching when Mr. Ashe retired, I didn't stop watching either time Navratilova retired, I didn't stop watching when Boris Becker retired, and I won't stop watching when Venus and Serena retire.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

Last edited by darrinbaker00 : Sep 18th, 2010 at 07:08 PM.
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #65
country flag SymphonyX

SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ angel View Post
VENUS

SERENA nooooooooo
So many people eager to see Venus walk out. Ugh.
SymphonyX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #66
country flag hotandspicey

hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, Venus and Serena, in that order, are my favorite players. What I was trying to say with the smilies was that when they retire, I'll tip my hat to them as a show of respect, then I'll move on to watch more tennis. I didn't stop watching when Mr. Ashe retired, I didn't stop watching either time Navratilova retired, I didn't stop watching when Boris Becker retired, and I won't stop watching when Venus and Serena retire.
Love The Way You Lie.

R.I.P ELENA BALTACHA. YOU WILL BE MISSED!
hotandspicey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #67
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

the sun will continue to shine

Sui have a seat kid
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #68
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

...will be a sad one for tennis
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #69
country flag Marty-Dom

Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute

Marty-Dom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #70
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

I will to their many successes and accomplishments, and my daughter and I will bid them and recounts the ways in which they changed the face of tennis, while viewing their very first matches till their last. I will then watch their celebrity bubble grow even bigger and greater while they concentrate on furthering their successes in the Fashion and Interior Decorating & Designing markets.

Those most adversely affected will be the Haters on this board.
My goodness!! Who will they hate-on after these legends retire?!
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 04:27 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
I will to their many successes and accomplishments, and my daughter and I will bid them and recounts the ways in which they changed the face of tennis, while viewing their very first matches till their last. I will then watch their celebrity bubble grow even bigger and greater while they concentrate on furthering their successes in the Fashion and Interior Decorating & Designing markets.

Very Well put.

Jesus Christ!!
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 04:32 AM   #72
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
I imagine they will move on to others, similar to a lot of people when Justine retired and the hate was transferred onto Jankovic and Safina.

Expecting a huuuuuge Wozniacki hater increase the day Justine or Serena retires.
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #73
country flag selesisqueen

selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold selesisqueen is a splendid one to behold

Wozniacki already has alot of haters today. I can only imagine what will happen when she starts winning slams, which like it or not will happen at some point.
selesisqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #74
country flag Solidus

Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by selesisqueen View Post
Wozniacki already has alot of haters today. I can only imagine what will happen when she starts winning slams, which like it or not will happen at some point.
That's definitely not a certainty. It looked like a certainity previosuly, that Safina would win a slam at some point, and now we are not so sure.
Solidus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #75
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Like that probably.