The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires...... - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #31
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

Will be bad for tennis, but good for this board, b/c *some* (not all) of their insane fans who really don't care about tennis beyond WS will leave.

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #32
country flag Vlover

Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureracket View Post
It would be a sad day. Traffic in this forum would definitely die down too. Not only would some of their diehards leave, but there are people like stephenuk, ldtv, and the vikas who only seem to log on to argue against their accomplishments.
So true. Many seem to be under the impression that only their fans will be devastated but they forget about the parasitic haters who would also wither and die.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #33
country flag Otlichno
Splendid#man

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
Hantuchova/Dementieva aren't exactly young bucks and when the WS retire, they will be on their way out too
I'll get new favorites then. But I fully expect Elena to stay on tour longer than them.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #34
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otlichno View Post
I'll get new favorites then. But I fully expect Elena to stay on tour longer than them.
Desperately seeking a slam still?
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #35
country flag Otlichno
Splendid#man

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Desperately seeking a slam still?
There's more to tennis than slams!

Their running screaming forehands of death!
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #36
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

The first half of the season doesn´t know who Venus is, but the 2nd half would miss her.

The season is not sure who this Serena is, but occasionally some force of nature causes an earthquake on the GS-level of the Richter-Ericsson scale, but it disappears as quickly as it surfaces.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #37
country flag roarke

roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute

I would think that a lot the posters here, most of the tennis establishment and a great number of tennis fans would be overjoyed when they retire. After all, aren't they the most despised tennis players since they never give credit to their opponents, they cancel matches at the last minute, they claim racism when their is none, they fake injuries, take steroids, they are ugly, their fashion sense is obnoxious....after all we all live in this nice happy world where one's skin color does not affect how they are treated. Venomous poison against the sisters is like mother's milk to so many.

Also don't forget the BIG ONE... they ruined tennis..! Having them at the top of the tennis has absolutely ruined tennis! Of course when Martina and Chris were at the top of the tennis world it was the best thing since fire. The disparity is just unbelievable!

Maybe there will even be parties in the streets, people burning effigies of the Williams sisters in triumph..... Wow! Tennis has escaped their evil clutches!

We are so caught up in our idea of superiority that we fail to recognize excellence if it is not coming from our own putrid hearts.

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I've learned that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I've learned that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many years you have lived.

I've learned that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.
roarke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #38
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarke View Post
I would think that a lot the posters here, most of the tennis establishment and a great number of tennis fans would be overjoyed when they retire. After all, aren't they the most despised tennis players since they never give credit to their opponents, they cancel matches at the last minute, they claim racism when their is none, they fake injuries, take steroids, they are ugly, their fashion sense is obnoxious....after all we all live in this nice happy world where one's skin color does not affect how they are treated. Venomous poison against the sisters is like mother's milk to so many.

Also don't forget the BIG ONE... they ruined tennis..! Having them at the top of the tennis has absolutely ruined tennis! Of course when Martina and Chris were at the top of the tennis world it was the best thing since fire. The disparity is just unbelievable!

Maybe there will even be parties in the streets, people burning effigies of the Williams sisters in triumph..... Wow! Tennis has escaped their evil clutches!

We are so caught up in our idea of superiority that we fail to recognize excellence if it is not coming from our own putrid hearts.
Truth!

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #39
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Venus
Sarin

██████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #40
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #41
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

When Serena retires I will be devastated for a while.

I could really care less when Venus retires though, she does absolutely nothing for me but help Serena add to her GS doubles count.

|||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #42
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

End of eras always suck.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #43
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Venus Serena

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #44
country flag SymphonyX

SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otlichno View Post
Sorry hun. Once the main actors are out, so are the supporting cast. I'll really miss Dementieva, Hantuchova and company. The ensemble cast from last decade's generation was simply the best.

We'll be left with the "middle generation". You know, those in the same age range as Ivanovic, Sharapova and Kuznetsova (22-25). Although I'll have to admit, it seems like they've been around forever. Or it's just that we forget that the "older generation" (Williamses, Dementieva, etc. over 27 years old) actually started playing during the turn of the century/Steffi Graf's final years. While the ATP has Nadal as Federer's replacement, we currently have none. I'm expecting one of the people in the middle generation to take over, not some hotshot teen. By take over, I mean "Serena-like" domination where she wins or at least reaches the semis or finals of each slam. Maria was, I repeat, WAS, the best candidate amongst the "middle generation". Now it looks like she's dominating a few matches and will take a breather in the following few.
SymphonyX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #45
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote