The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires...... - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #16
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of
Re: The Day Venus And/Or Serena Retires......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo mack View Post
Unless some new characters and stars appear it wll be awful
Thats the worrying thing noone is really coming close to those two at the moment.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #17
country flag SymphonyX

SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of

Please, no. Don't retire yet Venus.

If Serena retires, I'd call everyone in the Top 100 during their sleep and tell them that Serena has retired! Yay for them!
SymphonyX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #18
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonyX View Post
Please, no. Don't retire yet Venus.

If Serena retires, I'd call everyone in the Top 100 during their sleep and tell them that Serena has retired! Yay for them!
I have a feeling it will be Venus first. But i think both of them got a few years left in them yet. Fingers crossed.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #19
country flag Solidus

Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
I have a feeling it will be Venus first. But i think both of them got a few years left in them yet. Fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Thats the worrying thing noone is really coming close to those two at the moment.
Don't get me wrong, I respect Venus as a player, but I do think she unfairly gets a lot of credit off of Serena's success. For example, many people will say, 'The Williams sisters dominate women's tennis', well, I think that statement would be true, if they talked about Serena as one person, but as for Venus, she hasn't dominated Women's tennis in a long time, and her achievements (barring doubles) is similar to that of Justine Henin.

On topic though, it will be a great loss to the WTA when those two, and the Belgians retire, in that case we have to pray for the revival of the middle 'forgotten' generation (Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Safina), and hope that the young generation can be competitive (Wozniacki, Azarenka). We all know that in about two years time, the WTA is up for grabs for anyone who wants it, and I think it will be hard to predict who will dominate if anyone. Perhaps, as time progresses the distribution of slams will even out, hell, the WTA is far ahead of the ATP in this regard even now.
Solidus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #20
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
and
This but a double
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:45 AM   #21
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

Papillon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #22
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon. View Post
I second this for Serena
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #23
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Respect but in a way .
More so for Venus though, dont mind Serena so much.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #24
country flag Hian

Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future Hian has a brilliant future

Hian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #25
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Lets just not talk about it right now.

Last edited by Miss Atomic Bomb : Sep 17th, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #26
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Don't get me wrong, I respect Venus as a player, but I do think she unfairly gets a lot of credit off of Serena's success. For example, many people will say, 'The Williams sisters dominate women's tennis', well, I think that statement would be true, if they talked about Serena as one person, but as for Venus, she hasn't dominated Women's tennis in a long time, and her achievements (barring doubles) is similar to that of Justine Henin.

On topic though, it will be a great loss to the WTA when those two, and the Belgians retire, in that case we have to pray for the revival of the middle 'forgotten' generation (Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Safina), and hope that the young generation can be competitive (Wozniacki, Azarenka). We all know that in about two years time, the WTA is up for grabs for anyone who wants it, and I think it will be hard to predict who will dominate if anyone. Perhaps, as time progresses the distribution of slams will even out, hell, the WTA is far ahead of the ATP in this regard even now.
At one time they did both dominate until Venus got that injury on her leg. I think Venus will still win more Grand Slams before she retires.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #27
country flag Vlover

Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetard View Post
Lets just not talk about it right now.

Yea, I have at least 2 more years before I even give it a thought. At least they are not planning to suddenly quit like some.
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #28
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

It would be a sad day. Traffic in this forum would definitely die down too. Not only would some of their diehards leave, but there are people like stephenuk, ldtv, and the vikas who only seem to log on to argue against their accomplishments.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #29
country flag Otlichno
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be sad for the tour, but happy for my favorite players.

So it would probably be an
Otlichno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #30
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otlichno View Post
I'd be sad for the tour, but happy for my favorite players.
Hantuchova/Dementieva aren't exactly young bucks and when the WS retire, they will be on their way out too

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote