26 successive junior slams in a row won by different girls (New all-time record!) - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 7th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #61
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 17 successive junior slams in a row won by different girls: WTA's future reflecti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
Lena D. was never the sharpest tool in the shed re: career management, so it figures that she'd retire at a moment in which it made no sense for her to do so.

I suppose she stopped believing after RG.

Before that, she could still hope for a further opportunity - a draw to fall totally apart, her opponents in the latter rounds collapsing, or even for a "last hurrah" dream run beating great players (like say Ljuba Truba's IW title last year). At RG, for a while, it seemed like she might get just that, but she just folded under the pressure of knowing that this might be her very last shot at a big title, and it became obvious even to her that she'd never be able to take one of those last few opportunities, because, even if they presented themselves, she'd be the one to bottle them.
Um, she was injured but still took Schiavone to tiebreak. She could've actually won the title had she not had an injury since Stosur folded under the pressure in the finals. So sad for her.
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 2011, 04:00 AM   #62
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 17 successive junior slams in a row won by different girls: WTA's future reflecti

Quote:
Originally Posted by siffleanimaux View Post
Um, she was injured but still took Schiavone to tiebreak. She could've actually won the title had she not had an injury since Stosur folded under the pressure in the finals. So sad for her.
Because Lena wouldn't have folded.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 04:14 AM   #63
country flag Claycourter

Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passierschlag View Post
Laura is still head and shoulders above all the others.
If someone like Robson is the best junior, then we are heading towards dire times indeed. The Girl moves slower than my grandma crippled with back arthritis.
Claycourter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 05:01 AM   #64
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Lol and Oudin WAS doing better than most of the people in this list?
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 05:03 AM   #65
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
Because Lena wouldn't have folded.
Well, we know for sure that Stosur folded. But we can't say about Lena vs. Schiavone cause Lena didn't even get a chance.
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #66
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Laura Robson all the way!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #67
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of
Re: 16 successive junior slams in a row won by different girls: WTA's future reflecti

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The slam winners were veterans this year. Kim is the youngest, and she was around 10 years ago.
Kim is the youngest among winners of last 8 slams, that's 2 whole years! And except for Caro's fluke trip in USO09, Bepa is the youngest finalist. Are the younger generations just quietly waiting for their retirement?
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #68
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycourter View Post
If someone like Robson is the best junior, then we are heading towards dire times indeed. The Girl moves slower than my grandma crippled with back arthritis.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #69
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 18 successive junior slams in a row won by different girls: WTA's future reflecti

Last 18 junior grand slam champions:
0. US Open 2006 - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Russia)
1. Australian Open 2007 - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Russia)
2. French Open 2007 - Alize Cornet (France)
3. Wimbledon 2007 - Urszula Radwańska (Poland)
4. US Open 2007 - Kristína Kučová (Slovakia)
5. Australian Open 2008 - Arantxa Rus (Netherlands)
6. French Open 2008 - Simona Halep (Romania)
7. Wimbledon 2008 - Laura Robson (United Kingdom)
8. US Open 2008 - Coco Vandeweghe (USA)
9. Australian Open 2009 - Ksenia Pervak (Russia)
10. French Open 2009 - Kristina Mladenovic (France)
11. Wimbledon 2009 - Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (Thailand)
12. US Open 2009 - Heather Watson (United Kingdom)
13. Australian Open 2010 - Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic)
14. French Open 2010 - Elina Svitolina (Ukraine)
15. Wimbledon 2010 - Kristyna Pliskova (Czech Republic)
16. US Open 2010 - Daria Gavrilova (Russia)
17. Australian Open 2011 - An-Sophie Mestach (Belgium)
18. French Open 2011 - Ons Jabeur (Tunisia)

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #70
country flag Passierschlag

Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 18 successive junior slams in a row won by different girls: WTA's future reflecti

The way Laura played against Jankovic at Wimbledon last year was extremely promising. She also defeated MJMS!
She somehow reminds me of a young Davenport but I think she is destined to have a better career than Lindsay.
Passierschlag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #71
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

No, it just shows that they don't care for junior Grand Slams like everybody

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #72
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Well there will be a 19th different girl in a row for sure now. Not that surprising though, since only 2 former champs competed in the Wimbledon GS singles draw.

However, both Ons Jabeur and Daria Gavrilova lost in 1R
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #73
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

The junior girls will try to win a Junior Slam to get some sponsors and then it's time to compete against the big girls.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #74
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

hat happened to An Sophie? She wrecked at AO for sure get another one this year.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #75
country flag Shepster

Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
What does it tell us about the future of women tennis? Does it reflect the senior grand slam results in the future?
No, because the girls who win the girls slams in the last decade and beyond don't go on to win the senior slams. This list of girls tells you about the future top 40 players of the WTA.

Learning to love/Liking the look of...
Zakopalova : Lucic : Krajicek : Cetkovska : Cibulkova
Gajdosova : Govortsova : Olaru : Robson : Pliskova
Shepster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote