BOLD PREDICTION: VULTURENA's Excessive Schedule To Backfire In A USO Loss B4 FINAL - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #1
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb BOLD PREDICTION: VULTURENA's Excessive Schedule To Backfire In A USO Loss B4 FINAL

VULTURENA has played 15 matches in the last 4 weeks

she looked terrible in Cincinatti P5 900 SF & F, spinning in her first serves and being clocked at basically the same speed as her fellow Top 5 player SARITA ERRANI

she was basically taken to the limit by my faves Aga and Na and eventually defeated by Vuvurenka

I know she has a week to recover but I am boldly predicting that she won't make the FINAL of the last Grand Slam of 2013
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
SAISAI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #2
country flag tennisfan5

tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future
Re: BOLD PREDICTION: VULTURENA's Excessive Schedule To Backfire In A USO Loss B4 FINA

Not a crazy thought, but I think she will up her game for the Open. The only players I could see really her losing to before the final would be like a Stosur or Kuznetsova (if she decides to be a grand slam GOAT again).

Starting from 2008, serena has done quite well at the Open (W, SF, DNP, F, W) although she has never defended a USO title
tennisfan5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #3
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOLD PREDICTION: VULTURENA's Excessive Schedule To Backfire In A USO Loss B4 FINA

*sighs*

Terrible troll thread.

I do admit that you raise a vaild point, even if I disagree with it. But, sorry, I just can't take anyone that says shit like VULTERENA and VUVURENKA seriously. :/
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #4
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know. Wozniacki won Dubai, then final Doha back to back in 2011. Next tournament she won IW, her draw was Azarenka, Sharapova, Bartoli and she was playing better than all 3.

So if Serena is not suffering a long term injury, it shouldnt hurt. When a player has an abs issue, you never know. Because a slight injury can become worse as you play
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #5
country flag AlonsoFx

AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future

this thread is going to be such a mess
#1 JJ
AlonsoFx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #6
country flag kassipops

kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of kassipops has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonsoFx View Post
this thread is going to be such a mess
Ha, bring it on! I quite like the Serena stans on TF - they're much softer and fluffier than the one's on other sites who've drunk ALL the Kool Aid.

Personally I think she'll either be knocked out early by someone anonymous who plays absolutely out of their skin or she'll go all the way to the final (and maybe Vika will sneak this one).
kassipops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #7
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

The only chance to defeat Serena is before QF, after that, Serena always levels up her game and form.

Serena always struggles in QF match, I would not surprised if she lose there

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #8
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

She should have decided not to go all the the way in Cincy. I said it a week ago and what has happened proves me right. She should have withdrawn after the QF.
Playing Bastaad was also unecessary. She might not recover in time to be 100% mentally and physically for the USO. She's almost 32 yo. I thought Patrick M was wise. Not so much about scheduling.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #9
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

I also think Serena might sruggle at US open. I follow tennis since 2005 and I really don't remeber that she played that much tennis ever in that period of 9 years.

Cincinnati wasn't wise choice for her I think.

However it is Serena, we all know she will improve her game at Grand slam.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #11
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #10
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont know. Wozniacki won Dubai, then final Doha back to back in 2011. Next tournament she won IW, her draw was Azarenka, Sharapova, Bartoli and she was playing better than all 3.

So if Serena is not suffering a long term injury, it shouldnt hurt. When a player has an abs issue, you never know. Because a slight injury can become worse as you play
You start on Friday or Saturday in IW, if you are seeded, so that's like 12 days to recover.

I think Serena has been saving energy and it is not like there are too many dangerous floaters around currently. Serena will do fine and it would take an inspired performance to take her out. I know people will laugh at me, but Caro is her biggest danger of the 5-8 seeds, she seems to get back on track and has always done well against Serena. Na always seems to underperform in NY & always manages to lose to Serena, no matter how she is playing. Don't think Petra or Sara will even reach the QFs. Ana or Sloane in R4 could be a little threat as well.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #11
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

She definitely is vulnerable especially if any good and confident player pushing her to 3 sets.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #12
country flag PIAoTvTeY

PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all PIAoTvTeY is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post

Woz was only 21 back then,if Serena was 23 this year,everying would be Serena's for the taking,but the hard truth is she is about to turn 32 this month,age is going to have a lot to do with her losses in seasons to come.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #13
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Well I won't be betting my life savings against her, but you might have a point. The intensive schedule worked well for her on clay, but she has looked far less sure of herself lately, despite winning the USO series.

I certainly think that she's a less heavy favorite than she was in the last few slams. Which is only a good thing, it makes things more exciting
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #14
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I think she'll lose to Venus

Last edited by dsanders06 : Aug 19th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #15
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the un-jinxing.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote