Big West - matches 2010-11 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #46
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big West - matches 2010-11

SDSU had to beat Dolehide/Jones, not exactly an easy match. Dolehide was #1 seed with Capra at National Hardcourt, and Jones with Price was last year's Riviera MD participant. I think they beat Remynse/Schnack then.
Ellison sisters did beat 2nd(Pepp) and 3rd seed(UCLA) after all
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 26th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #47
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Tier 1 = LBS & UCI

Tier 2 = UCSB & Cal Poly

Tier 3 = Pacific & UC Davis

Tier 4 = CS Fullerton & UC Riverside

UC Davis is much improved but looks to finish 7th in the Big West. Partly because this may be the strongest 1-7 teams in conference history. Partly cuz Koehly and Chui seem to have gone down from where they were 1 year ago.

CSUN is a ? cuz I don't know how good their 2 players from Hong Kong are. If Sher and Cheung both play top 4 singles then CSUN jumps from Tier 3 to Tier 2.

Can Jezmionka win when something big is on the line? With the NCAA at-large bid on the line against Pepperdine she choked. With the Big West title on the line against UCI her loss to Kwan was one of the quickest matches to finish.

On a side note I can now confess that my biggest fear playing LBS in the BWT finals last season was Luzar beating Kwan again to win the Big West title. I want to thank the LBS coaching staff for going with the Pepperdine choker Jezmionka over Luzar who was the 2009 finals MVP and would have had the confidence to beat Kwan.

So the #2 seed can be going up against Davis in the 1st round of the Big West Tourney.

1. Malenovska vs Heneghan
2. Dallara vs Zumudio
3. Alawi vs Edles
4. Armstrong vs Koehly
5. Manasse vs Curry
6. Jezmionka vs Chui

Potentially not the cupcake 1st round LBS has gotten accustomed to.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 07:08 AM   #48
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
SDSU Fall Classic 2

Interesting results

Wilbert (Kansas) def. Goettsching (UCI) 6-7,6-2,6-4

Young/Young (UCI) def. Khanevskaya/Goff (Kansas)

Holladay (UCI)/Arechavaleta (Auburn) def. Valenzuela/Bisharat (LMU) 8-3

Goettsching/Kwan (UCI) def. Morgan/Radinovic (LMU)

Draws
Old Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:02 AM   #49
country flag gouci

Cal Poly schedule

I took a peek at the Cal Poly Spring schedule and was disappointed seeing the cupcake teams.

Cupcakes
- UC Santa Cruz (Div. 3)
- Cal St. Stanislaus (Div. 2)
- Cal St. Bakersfield

- With CSF and UCR already on the schedule there is no excuse to play ANY teams weaker than those 2.

Ranked teams
- Pepperdine
- Oklahoma (or UNLV Team Indoor)
- St. Mary's
- Dartmouth
- Fresno St.

Body bag match
- Stanford (Team Indoor)
- UCLA
Old Nov 25th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #50
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

UCI invite

Smyth def Byron
Kwan def Stubbe
Smith def Castany
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #51
country flag gouci

CSUN def. Nevada 4-3

1/14/11

Doubles

1. Lais Ogata / Emma Verberne (UNR) def. Brooke Doane / Sabrina Man-Son-Hing (CSUN) 8-3
2. Nina Jaworowski / Anna Yang (CSUN) def. Aodhnait Lombard / Michelle Okhremchuk (UNR) 8-
3. Nigora Sirojiddinova / Lorraine Cheung (CSUN) def. Gabriela Eufrasio / Sophie Stevens (UNR) 8-1

Order of Finish: 3,1,2

Singles

1. Doane (CSUN) def. Verberne (UNR) 6-3, 7-5
2. Okhremchuk (UNR) def. Jaworowski (CSUN) 6-4, 6-1
3. Ogata (UNR) def. Sirojiddinova (CSUN) 6-4, 6-0
4. Lombard (UNR) def. Man-Son-Hing (CSUN) 7-5, 4-6, 10-7
5. Yang (CSUN) def. Eufrasio (UNR) 6-4, 6-0
6. Cheung (CSUN) def. Stevens (UNR) 6-1, 4-2, Retire

Order of Finish: 6,2,5,3,1,4

CSUN release

CSUN catches a break as Nevada's #2 singles Florence De Vyre didn't play.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 15th, 2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #52
country flag gouci

1/17/11

Nevada def. LMU 4-3

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM   #53
country flag gouci

Updates

1/21/11

USC dominates Long Beach St. 6-1

The one LBS got was at 5 singles. As my absent buddy Form might say USC's Andrews won the 1st set easily then checked out when they had the match wrapped up.

I guess USC thought the chance of Long Beach St. winning was 0%. That's why USC didn't even play their best player Maria Sanchez. What a big slap in the face to LBS.

Form wherever you are you have my blessing to go on a rant and call USC cheaters! Unlike for UCI there is documentation against USC women's tennis. They were sanctioned by the NCAA and had to vacate a season full of victories taking away their only Pac 10 title.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 22nd, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM   #54
country flag fantic

gouci come on, Manasse didn't play for LBS either and Andrews did not check out, Cantlay? fought well.

I'll write a report on UCLA vs UCI on my blog
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:59 AM   #55
country flag ucfan10s

ucfan10s is an unknown quantity at this point

UC Davis Aggies got their first win of the season against Iowa State, final score 4-3.
They won the doubles point and the freshmen won the singles. Chui clinched the win for
UC Davis against USC Upstate transfer Simona Cacciuttolo (ITA ranking 112 last year).
Good start for the Aggies!
ucfan10s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:38 AM   #56
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfan10s View Post
UC Davis Aggies got their first win of the season against Iowa State, final score 4-3.
They won the doubles point and the freshmen won the singles. Chui clinched the win for
UC Davis against USC Upstate transfer Simona Cacciuttolo (ITA ranking 112 last year).
Good start for the Aggies!
Nice good start, here is the link with the lineup.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:49 AM   #57
country flag gouci

OUT with a Cal St. fan and IN with a UC fan.

That was a good win over a Big 12 school for UC Davis.

I wanted Megan Heneghan to go to UCI. I think she'll be playing #1 sooner than later.

Kelly Chui is kind of an enigma. Like Stephanie Chang, Chui was ranked #1 in Northern California by the USTA. I hope Chui doesn't disappoint in college like Chang is doing at Cal so far.
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 06:32 AM   #58
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
OUT with a Cal St. fan and IN with a UC fan.

That was a good win over a Big 12 school for UC Davis.

I wanted Megan Heneghan to go to UCI. I think she'll be playing #1 sooner than later.

Kelly Chui is kind of an enigma. Like Stephanie Chang, Chui was ranked #1 in Northern California by the USTA. I hope Chui doesn't disappoint in college like Chang is doing at Cal so far.
Not sure what you are implying about being ranked number 1 in Northern California, but players I remember ranked number 1 in Northern California seem to be doing well in the pre-season ranking college rankings.

Ellis (Texas) is ranked 8th
De Bruycker (UNC) is ranked 13th
Davis (Cal) is ranked 35th.

I just don't get your comparison for the players you mentioned.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM   #59
country flag gouci

Players ranked #1 by the USTA in Northern California have traditionally done very well in college. One exception would probably be Cal's Stephanie Chang.

For the Northern California Section Kelly Chui was ranked #1 at the end of 2008 final rankings. Since then she has had some bad losses. Playing only #4 for UC Davis seems to indicate she peaked in 2008 and has declined since. Based on her past #1 No. CA ranking I hope she doesn't disappoint in college like Stephanie Chang has done so far.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 23rd, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:04 PM   #60
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Nice good start, here is the link with the lineup.
thx. but of course Heneghan is #2
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles