Big West - matches 2010-11 - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #331
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Pepperdine vs Long Beach St. - NCAA 1st round

Long Beach State's #2 Deborah Armstrong who was up 3-1 in the 3rd set vs Pepperdine's Bhargava ends up choking and losing 4-6.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #332
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Pepperdine def. Long Beach St. 4-2

The waves continues to own Da Beach, beating them 19 straight times.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #333
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Pepperdine is so overconfident after winning the doubles point they don't play Zalameda in singles.

Sitting a starter, what a SLAP IN THE FACE to Long Beach St.

Read below and feel shame mr Gouci. But as usual, your hate comes through. Beachman pointed out 14-1-1* (with asterisk) but really, I hope this particular post concretes your reputation. Perhaps you should read your other posts about someone needing to act with the class of the LB coach? Just a thought.

First off, it was a great match. 3 1/2 hours... Both teams right on the edge of winning for quite a while. Both teams hitting through and playing real tennis. None of that defensive old lady lob stuff that some underdogs (gouci can figure out who) often play to try to survive. High level tennis at all courts.

Doubles: Pepp wins at 2 & 3. Quite frankly, Pepp blew LB off the dubs courts today after losing the dubs pt 8 weeks ago. That did not prepare me for the effort LB put out in singles.

HERE IS THE KEY FOR MR. GOUCI....
Up 7-0, MARIE ZALAMEDA WAS HURT AND THEY HAD TO DEFAULT. She was on ground for a good 5 minutes before they defaulted. She could barely walk on her own and they had to help her off the court. (Later added: Zalameda did not play the next day either).

Now for those that are actual tennis fans, this was even a great match to watch on the internet. WOW... yes, LB again loses to Pepp. The last three meeting 4-3 and today 4-2 heading to possible 4-3. AAAARGH

Singles started with LB taking four of six first sets.

Pepp goes up 2-0 in a hurry with win at # 4... 6-4 and then rolls to 6-1 in second.

LB quickly follows to make it 2-1.... Anais Dallara wins her 26th match of the year beating Colffer at #1 6-1 6-1. She should have been BW Player of Year since her only league loss to Widjaja she later rectified beating Widjaja in straight sets to clinch match at tourney. She is a very special player.

Pepp goes up 3-1 with a great match win.... Bhargava beating Armstrong at # 2 (LB's usual # 3) 2-6, 6-4, 6-4. It was 4-4 in the third with a multi 'AD' game at that point to give Bhargava opportunity.

LB makes it 3-2 with three set win at #5

Pepp clinches at # 6 where a returning from injury former # 1 Walters wins 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 win over LB's usual # 7...

at the unfinished match, another great match... LB's Manasse was leading Granillo 6-5 in third and 15-all in third. Late addition to post: Just spoke with booster and a former men's collegiate player who was there... late in third set Manasse up at 5-4, 30 luv... Granillo hooked a clearly good short of line ball she called out. As Granillo had already been over ruled twice in match, an over rule would have been the point plus a point penalty for Game-Set-Match. Ref did not have guts to make the right call and decide the match. Warning to all playing Granillo in future... she's a big time hook).

Fantic... this was a great tennis match...

Last edited by form : May 19th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #334
country flag gouci

They quickly reset the scoreboard for the Stanford match before I could post all the scores.

Pepperdine wins the doubles point.

1. Dallara (LBS) def. Colfer 6-1,6-1.

- Dallara is playing really well and might of had a chance to win an NCAA singles 1st round match. Too bad she wasn't ranked and didn't take the Big West auto bid.

2. Bhargava (Pep) def. Armstrong 6-4 in the 3rd.

- Armstrong was up 3-1 in the 3rd.

3. Granillo (Pep) vs Manasse 5-6 in 3rd DNF

- Manasse was up 4-2 in the 3rd but then got broken late and couldn't finish Granillo off.

4. Issara (Pep) def. Alawi 6-4,6-1.

5. Sarah Cantly (LBS) def. Moore 6-4 in the 3rd.

- Cantly comes back to beat the Pepperdine walk-on after losing the 1st set.

6. Walters (Pep) def. Jeczmionka 6-4 in the 3rd.

- I knew if Manasse beats Granillo this would be the deciding match. This was the match I watched the last 2 sets of and will make a separate post below.

Long Beach St. will probably never beat Pepperdine.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #335
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
at the unfinished match, another great match... LB's Manasse was leading Issara 6-5 and 15-all in the third
I made an assumption about Zalameda, my bad. I'll delete the post like the moderator deleted your lies about me.

But Form you can't even get your facts straight. Manasse didn't play Issara.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #336
country flag form

Quote:
Long Beach St. will probably never beat Pepperdine.
14-1-1* against who?

Old May 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #337
country flag form

Quote:
I made an assumption about Zalameda, my bad. I'll delete the post like the moderator deleted your lies about me.

But Form you can't even get your facts straight. Manasse didn't play Issara.

I apologize to all the other folks on this chat. Sadly when someone like a gouci rights falsehoods than those perceptions need to be corrected before they become perceived reality. I do apologize.

Gouci... your 'deleted' post will always be on my previous response.

Granillo/Isssra... nit pick...

it was a great match

Last edited by form : May 14th, 2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #338
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation
Re: Big West - matches 2010-11

Form, I for one am very proud of this Long Beach program, team and their staff. They put up 20 wins while missing their # 2 in 14 of 26 matches is impressive.

If only we had Klaudia today. Pepperdine was also a bit shorthanded at the bottom but also got their old # 1 back in at the bottom of line up to clinch the winning point at # 6. I would like to play them straight up the way we had played the last month prior to her injury. And in some ways more so after she was hurt and we took care of business and the chEaters.

At no time did coach pull line up shennanigans or play an injured player to gain an advantage. Every day Beach Tennis does it right. We came up disappointly short of the big upset today but those that demean are only jealous.

Well done to the Long Beach State program today and for the last decade. I am a proud alum.

(and thanks for telling me how to use the smiley faces).
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #339
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Read below and feel shame mr Gouci. But as usual, your hate comes through. Beachman pointed out 14-1-1* (with asterisk) but really, I hope this particular post concretes your reputation. Perhaps you should read you other posts about someone needing to act with the class of the LB coach? Just a thought.

First off, it was a great match. 3 1/2 hours... Both teams right on the edge of winning for quite a while. Both teams hitting through and playing real tennis. None of that defensive old lady lob stuff that some underdogs (gouci can figure out who) often play to try to survive. High level tennis at all courts.

Doubles: Pepp wins at 2 & 3. Quite frankly, Pepp blew LB off the dubs courts today after losing the dubs pt 8 weeks ago. That did not prepare me for the effort LB put out in singles.

Up 7-0, MARIE ZALAMEDA HURT HER ANKLE AND THEY HAD TO DEFAULT. She was on ground for a good 5 minutes before they defaulted. She could barely step on it and they had to help her off the court.

Now for those that are actual tennis fans, this was even a great match to watch on the internet. WOW... yes, LB again loses to Pepp. The last three meeting 4-3 and today 4-2 heading to possible 4-3. AAAARGH

Pepp goes up 2-0 in a hurry with win at # 4... 6-4 and then rolls to 6-1 in second.

LB quickly follows to make it 2-1.... Anais Dallara wins her 26th match of the year beating Colffer at # 1 6-1 6-1. She should have been BW Player of Year since her only league loss to Widjaja she later rectified beating Widjaja in straight sets to clinch match at tourney. She is a very special player.

Pepp does up 3-1 with a great match win.... Bhargava beating Armstrong at # 2 (LB's usual # 3) 2-6, 6-4, 6-4. It was 4-4 in the third with an multi AD game at that point to give Bhargava opportunity.

Pepp clinches at # 6 where as returning from injury former # 1 Walters wins 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 win over LB's usual # 7...

at the unfinished match, another great match... LB's Manasse was leading Granillo 6-5 in third and 15-all in third.

Too bad I was watching USD vs UNLV

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #340
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

guys I would appreciate if somebody at least POST the result

should I have to do this 'chore'

(but why am I posting at THIS thread? )

#27 Pepperdine 4, #36 Long Beach State 2

Singles competition

1. Anais Dallara (LBSU) def. Arianna Colffer (PEP) 6-1, 6-1

2. #122 Anamika Bhargava (PEP) def. Deborah Armstrong (LBSU) 2-6, 6-4, 6-4

3. Ale Granillo (PEP) vs. Rachel Manasse (LBSU) 4-6, 6-2, 5-6, unfinished

4. Khunpak Issara (PEP) def. Jaklin Alawi (LBSU) 6-4, 6-1

As I said, the ACE of the team (at least the FUTURE one ), Issara. Finished 1st (maybe..she's playing TOO LOW )

5. Sarah Cantlay (LBSU) def. Megan Moore (PEP) 3-6, 6-1, 6-4
6. Ali Walters (PEP) def. Anna Jeczmionka (LBSU) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4

Doubles competition
1. Anais Dallara/Deborah Armstrong (LBSU) def. #65 Marie Zalameda/Anamika Bhargava (PEP), 7-1,(injured)

Thought LBS led, my mistake

2. #53 Khunpak Issara/Ale Granillo (PEP) def. Jaklin Alawi/Rachel Manasse (LBSU) 8-3
3. Arianna Colffer/Ali Walters (PEP) def. Sarah Cantlay/Julie Luzar (LBSU) 8-3

Match Notes:
Long Beach State 20-6; National ranking #36
Pepperdine 15-7; National ranking #27
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (4,1,2,5,6)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 15th, 2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old May 15th, 2011, 07:06 AM   #341
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Read below and feel shame mr Gouci. But as usual, your hate comes through. Beachman pointed out 14-1-1* (with asterisk) but really, I hope this particular post concretes your reputation. Perhaps you should read you other posts about someone needing to act with the class of the LB coach? Just a thought.

Up 7-0, MARIE ZALAMEDA WAS HURT AND THEY HAD TO DEFAULT. She was on ground for a good 5 minutes before they defaulted. She could barely walk on her own and they had to help her off the court.

LB quickly follows to make it 2-1.... Anais Dallara wins her 26th match of the year beating Colffer at # 1 6-1 6-1. She should have been BW Player of Year since her only league loss to Widjaja she later rectified beating Widjaja in straight sets to clinch match at tourney. She is a very special player.

Pepp does up 3-1 with a great match win.... Bhargava beating Armstrong at # 2 (LB's usual # 3) 2-6, 6-4, 6-4. It was 4-4 in the third with an multi AD game at that point to give Bhargava opportunity.

Pepp clinches at # 6 where as returning from injury former # 1 Walters wins 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 win over LB's usual # 7...

at the unfinished match, another great match... LB's Manasse was leading Granillo 6-5 in third and 15-all in third. Late addition to post: Just spoke with booster and a former men's collegiate player who was there... late in third set Manasse up at 5-4, 30 luv... Granillo hooked a clearly good short of line ball she called out. As Granillo had already been over ruled twice in match, an over rule would have been the point plus a point penalty for Game-Set-Match. Ref did not have guts to make the right call and decide the match. Warning to all playing Granillo in future... she's a big time hook).

I saw PLENTY of those 'lady lobs' today

Depenau and Sujica of USD

And yeah, it seems a shame that Dallara is not going to Stanford, she definitely deserves it (can't protest or something? )

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 17th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #342
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Re: Updates

Quote:
3/31/11

#47 SDSU def. #68 Wyoming 4-3

1. Veronica Popovici (WY) def. Julia Trunk (SDSU) 4-6, 7-5, 7-5
2. Alexandra Kovacs (WY) def. Julia Wais (SDSU) 5-7, 6-1, 6-3

- Wyoming is a better team than some think having won 1 & 2 singles. SDSU edges out a close victory at a neutral site. Their ranking will climb and help LBS and hopefully get CSUN ranked.

#44 Long Beach St. def. Illinois Chicago 5-2

1. Kovaleva/Hricistova, UIC def. Dallara/Malenovska, LBSU 8-6

1. Mariya Kovaleva, UIC def. Anais Dallara, LBSU 6-0, 6-4

- Looks like Dallara is treating this trip like a vacation losing doubles and singles.

- LBS wins by the skin of their teeth with a 9-7 doubles and 7-6 3rd set tie-breaker against some cupcake team.
it seems that UIC's #1 & 2 aren't exactly cupcakes, well Kovalova is, in another sense

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #343
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Big West - matches 2010-11

Congratulations to Coach Hilt-Costello for the excellent recruit class coming in next fall.....surely these two fine additions will keep my favorite team at the top of the BWC. I expect that we will be even better this coming season than we were this past season....GO BEACH
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #344
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice

I.agree with you Alaskan that the team should be better next year if KM can make it back in good form; if not, the team should still be able to win the conference. I would love to see the team advance in the NCAA tourney in Anais's senior year, she has become my all time favorite player with her steady improvement and gutsy performances.
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #345
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point

Anais is rapidly becoming a very legit #1......Klaudia's return is essential and hopefully that will happen and it should.....
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote