Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships - Congrats Fantic! (Post #82) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #1
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships - Congrats Fantic! (Post #82)

Fill In The Draw|2011|NCAA Championships

Playing Racket Bracket is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here is what you need to know:

This game is based off of F-I-T-D , or Fill-In-The-Draw.

1) Just post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.

2) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments; simply post your picks in the thread!

3) You must post your full prediction must be posted before the first ball of the match is struck. Any draws posted after this time will not be counted.

4) Please post your picks in the form "A def. B", "A d. B" or "A over B", and not "A loses to B". Writing down the winner's name only is allowed, but it might make things confusing for us and you may lose points as a result, so please try to post as specified.

Please post players' full names, not nicknames.

6) When changing your picks, you must post in a new post, quoting the previous picks. NO EDITING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! (any edited post will not be counted, no exceptions!)

7) Please keep your picks as your own and DO NOT copy and paste other poster's picks. If you do this this will be taken as cheating and your picks will not be counted.

Feel free to ask questions! Good luck and have fun!

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #2

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fill In The Draw - 2011 NCAA Team Championships

Point Value

For every win:
Quote:
First Round: 1 point per win
Second Round: 2 points per win
Third Round: 4 points per win
Quarterfinals: 8 points per win
Semi-Finals: 16 points per win
Final: 32 points for the winner

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:28 AM   #3

Team Draw

Click here for the TEAM draw

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:28 AM   #4

Seeds

Quote:
1. Stanford University (Pac 10)
2. University of Florida (SEC)
3. Duke University (ACC)
4. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill (ACC)
5. Baylor University (Big 12)
6. University of California - Los Angeles (Pac 10)
7. University of Miami - Florida (ACC)
8. University of Georgia (SEC)
9. University of California - Berkley (Pac 10)
10. University of Michigan (Big 10)
11. University of Virginia (ACC)
12. Florida State University (ACC)
13. University of Tennessee (SEC)
14. Georgia Tech University (ACC)
15. Clemson University (ACC)
16. Northwestern University (Big 10)

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : May 4th, 2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:28 AM   #5

Contenders

1. Stanford University
Record: 23-0
Highlights: ITA National Indoor Champions, Pac 10 Team (and singles) Champions, Number 1 ranking
Why?: Really? The Card won their 16th National Championship last year when they were ranked 8th and stormed to defeat Florida in a classic 4-3 battle. Stanford has an amazing lineup, especially with lines 1-4. Led by Senior Hilary Barte, Stanford also has sophomore Mallory Burdette, who clinched the match last year, as well as outstanding freshmen Nicole Gibbs and Pac 10 singles champion Kristie Ahn. Stanford is undefeated for the year and are hosting not only the regional, but the main tournament itself. They currently have a 179-match win streak at home and are 130-18 in points overall

2. University of Florida
Record: 25-1
Highlights: ITA National Indoor Runner-Up, SEC Champions, Number 1 ranking
Why?: Holding the number 1 ranking and 2nd overall seed, the Florida Gators have been on fire this year, with their only loss a 4-2 matchup against Stanford in the finals of the ITA Indoors. Sophomores Lauren Embree and Allie Will have led the team at the top 2 spots for nearly every match since they have stepped foot on campus. With amazing freshmen Sofie Oyen, Olivia Janowicz and Alex Cercone, Florida is ready to battle and fight back for the national championship, where they were oh-so-close last year. UF has lost been stellar since their loss to Stanford February 21st, going 86-3 in points before and 128-15 overall.

Stanford and Florida are the only 2 favorites for the title, but potential upsets and darkhorses are:

- Duke University
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- University of Georgia
- Baylor University

It will be a great Championship, for sure!

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : May 4th, 2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #6
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Is anyone else sick of Britney Spears?? That obsession is 8 - 10 years overdone :-)
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
Is anyone else sick of Britney Spears?? That obsession is 8 - 10 years overdone :-)
Oh, the signature? Yeah, I'm changing it actually now back to what I had. I got my Britney tickets yesterday

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #8
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Contenders

1. Stanford University
Record: 23-0
Highlights: ITA National Indoor Champions, Pac 10 Team (and singles) Champions, Number 1 ranking
Why?: Really? The Card won their 16th National Championship last year when they were ranked 8th and stormed to defeat Florida in a classic 4-3 battle. Stanford has an amazing lineup, especially with lines 1-4. Led by Senior Hilary Barte, Stanford also has sophomore Mallory Burdette, who clinched the match last year, as well as outstanding freshmen Nicole Gibbs and Pac 10 singles champion Kristie Ahn. Stanford is undefeated for the year and are hosting not only the regional, but the main tournament itself. They currently have a 179-match win streak at home and are 130-18 in points overall

2. University of Florida
Record: 25-1
Highlights: ITA National Indoor Runner-Up, SEC Champions, Number 1 ranking
Why?: Holding the number 1 ranking and 2nd overall seed, the Florida Gators have been on fire this year, with their only loss a 4-2 matchup against Stanford in the finals of the ITA Indoors. Sophomores Lauren Embree and Allie Will have led the team at the top 2 spots for nearly every match since they have stepped foot on campus. With amazing freshmen Sofie Oyen, Olivia Janowicz and Alex Cercone, Florida is ready to battle and fight back for the national championship, where they were oh-so-close last year. UF has lost been stellar since their loss to Stanford February 21st, going 86-3 in points before and 128-15 overall.

Stanford and Florida are the only 2 favorites for the title, but potential upsets and darkhorses are:

- Duke University
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- University of Georgia
- Baylor University

It will be a great Championship, for sure!
How can BU be a dark horse when they lost 1-6 or something to UCLA?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
How can BU be a dark horse when they lost 1-6 or something to UCLA?
Big 12 champs and are peaking. They won ugly the entire big 12s

ALSO:

If you add scores to your picks, I'm thinking each correct score you get a point, just one no matter the round. Thoughts??

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #10
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

STAN
PEPP

NU
ND

UGA
UA(ALABAMA)

CAL
USC

UNC
UW (Ok, Maryland might win but PAC 10 )

TENN
VAND

BU
OKL (But Cal Poly could give them a run for the money)

FSU
SMU

NCS
UVA

USD (tough. UNLV is a good team too. Could be close)
UCLA

ASU (MISS could win, but I still think ASU will pull it out)
GT

YALE
DUKE

TULSA
MICH

UT
UM

ARK (SAC ST. could challenge maybe?)
CU

USC (CAROLINA)
UF
---------
STAN
NU (this is tough, very tough. NU vs ND this is too much )

UGA
CAL (heart USC, head CAL )

UNC
TENN (VAND could be tough)

BU
FSU

UVA (NCS could be tough)
UCLA

ASU (GT..still, no. ASU was robbed of the seeding, but still they can go to Stanford)
DUKE

MICH
UM

CU(ARK can upset, methink)
UF
---
STAN
CAL

UNC
BU

UCLA
ASU

UM
UF
---
STAN
UNC(I won't be surprised if BU wins)

UCLA (one of the deepest teams in the league)
UF
---
STAN
UF
----
STAN wins, natuarlly
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #11
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Big 12 champs and are peaking. They won ugly the entire big 12s

ALSO:

If you add scores to your picks, I'm thinking each correct score you get a point, just one no matter the round. Thoughts??
Still UCLA is better

score for the ENTIRE rounds? that's tough and I already submitted my picks
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #12

First Round Winners
(1)Stanford def. Illinois-Chicago 4-0
Pepperdine def. Long Beach 4-1
(16)Northwestern def. IPFW 4-0
Notre Dame def. Fresno State 4-1
(8)Georgia def. Marist 4-0
Alabama def. Utah 4-0
(9)California def. Boston U. 4-0
Southern Cal def. St.Mary’s 4-2
(4)UNC def. East Tenn. St. 4-0
Maryland def. Washington 4-3
(13)Tennessee def. College Of Charleston 4-0
Vanderbilt def. Winthrop 4-0
(5)Baylor def. Texas-Arlington 4-0
Oklahoma def. Cal Poly 4-0
(12)Florida State def. Southern U. 4-0
SMU def. Texas A&M 4-2
NC State def. VCU 4-2
(11)Virginia def. Army 4-0
San Diego def. UNLV 4-2
(6)UCLA def. Quinnipiac 4-0
Arizona State def. Mississippi 4-1
(14)Georgia Tech def. Jacksonville State 4-0
Yale def. William & Mary 4-2
(3)Duke def. Richmond 4-0
Tulsa def. Nebraska 4-3
(10)Michigan def. Akron 4-0
Texas def. South Florida 4-0
(7)Miami (FL) def. FIU 4-0
Arkansas def. Sacremento State 4-1
(15)Clemson def. Wichita State 4-0
Arizona def. South Carolina 4-3
(2)Florida def. South Carolina State 4-0

Second Round Winners
(1)Stanford def. Pepperdine 4-0
(16)Northwestern def. Notre Dame 4-3
(8)Georgia def. Alabama def. Utah 4-1
(9)California def. Southern Cal 4-1
(4)UNC def. Maryland 4-1
(13)Tennessee def. Vanderbilt 4-2
(5)Baylor def. Oklahoma 4-1
(12)Florida State def. SMU 4-1
(11)Virginia def. NC State 4-0
(6)UCLA def. San Diego 4-0
Arizona State def. (14)Georgia Tech 4-3
(3)Duke def. Yale 4-0
(10)Michigan def. Tulsa 4-1
(7)Miami (FL) def. Texas 4-2
Arkansas def. (15)Clemson 4-3
(2)Florida def. Arizona 4-0

Third Round Winners
(1)Stanford def. (16)Northwestern 4-0
(8)Georgia def. (9)California 4-2
(4)UNC def. (13)Tennessee 4-1
(12)Florida State def. (5)Baylor 4-3
(6)UCLA def. (11)Virginia 4-1
(3)Duke def. Arizona State 4-1
(10)Michigan def. (7)Miami (FL) 4-3
(2)Florida def. Arkansas 4-0

Quarterfinal Winners
(1)Stanford def. (8)Georgia 4-1
(4)UNC def. (12)Florida State 4-2
(3)Duke def. UCLA 4-1
(2)Florida def. (10)Michigan 4-0

Semi-Final Winners
(1)Stanford def. (4)UNC 4-0
(2)Florida def. (3)Duke 4-2

Championship
(1)Stanford def. (2)Florida 4-2

Old May 5th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #13
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I hade no idea that Oyen played NCAA tennis . I was wondering what happened to her

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #14
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

R1:
Stanford
Pepperdine
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Georgia
Alabama
California
USC
North Carolina
Maryland
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Baylor
Oklahoma
Florida State
Texas A&M
NC State
Virginia
San Diego
UCLA
Arizona State
Georgia Tech
Yale
Duke
Nebraska
Michigan
Texas
Miami
Arkansas
Clemson
Arizona
Florida

R2:
Stanford
Northwestern
Georgia
California
UNC
Vanderbilt
Baylor
Florida State
Virginia
UCLA
Georgia Tech
Duke
Michigan
Miami
Clemson
Florida

R3:
Stanford
California
UNC
Baylor
UCLA
Duke
Miami
Florida

QF:
Stanford
UNC
Duke
Florida

SF:
Stanford
Duke

F:
Stanford

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #15
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
I hade no idea that Oyen played NCAA tennis . I was wondering what happened to her
Oh you knew her before?n How was she in juniors
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles