BOMBSHELL!!! Top Spin 4 announced! - Page 135 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #2011
country flag Otlichno
Splendid#man

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Top Spin 4 announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
I hate the animations of Top Spin. They say they're so good and that they imitate players to perfection. MY ASS. They all look the same.
They don't all look the same, but I agree that TS3's animations were horrid in comparison to TS4, yet I think the better gameplay makes TS3 just that much better.
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #2012
country flag Otlichno
Splendid#man

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusdemilo View Post
You guys are raving about TS3, but I've never been able to get 'into' it the way I was with TS4. TS4 is much easier for first timers to get into, the learning curve for TS3 is steep, and I've been tempted to 'give up' and bring the game back.
I agree, but I don't see it as a negative. Yes, TS3 is MUCH harder than TS4, but doesn't that make it funner?

I played allot of TS3 in the ITST tour back when I had a PS3 and I can tell you there has not been ONE console tennis game with as much variety as TS3, the possibilities of shots, or ways to win are endless, not to mention the different stroke mechanisms ACTUALLY make a difference in the game unlike TS4.
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #2013
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I'm beginning the get get more into the rallies. I played an exhibition match against Serena on very hard, and after going down 0-4 with a double break I was able to turn it around, and win 2-6 6-3 6-2. The key for me is to stay aggressive on my serve, and try to get in their service games with control shots until I can take control of the points with power shots.

I'm still totally lost on serve though. Sometimes I hit perfect and it's 180, and sometimes it's perfect and it's only 140.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #2014
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otlichno View Post
I agree, but I don't see it as a negative. Yes, TS3 is MUCH harder than TS4, but doesn't that make it funner?

I played allot of TS3 in the ITST tour back when I had a PS3 and I can tell you there has not been ONE console tennis game with as much variety as TS3, the possibilities of shots, or ways to win are endless, not to mention the different stroke mechanisms ACTUALLY make a difference in the game unlike TS4.
So should I buy TS4. I have TS3 and I'm pretty good at it. I love the difficulty but I really wanna play ppl online and not just play the intergame tour because it starts to get boring playing the computer
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #2015
country flag Otlichno
Splendid#man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlaya8 View Post
So should I buy TS4. I have TS3 and I'm pretty good at it. I love the difficulty but I really wanna play ppl online and not just play the intergame tour because it starts to get boring playing the computer
Definitely. Sadly the TS3 online community has pretty much died.

The online in TS4 is better than TS3 too actually.
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #2016
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Definitely. Sadly the TS3 online community has pretty much died.

The online in TS4 is better than TS3 too actually.
i see thats. So will TS4 challenge me at all?
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #2017
country flag Otlichno
Splendid#man

The online will. The offline not at all. It might take you a while to get used to the difference in buttons but other than that not at all.

Also, there is an online tour www.intertopspintour.net that you can join once you feel you've gotten good at the game.
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #2018
country flag TPlaya8

Quote:
The online will. The offline not at all. It might take you a while to get used to the difference in buttons but other than that not at all.

Also, there is an online tour www.intertopspintour.net that you can join once you feel you've gotten good at the game.
Ok cool thanks
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:11 AM   #2019
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think TS3 has the same problem as TS4 with the patterns. Both of them are lacking in that department, and with the risk shots in TS3, it was too easy to just put shots when I knew they would. And those graphics were horrid, TS4 is better in that regard.

But even Tennis Elbow is predictable, so we'll never win I guess

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 02:49 AM   #2020
country flag Keegan

Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like the rallies in TS4. Dunno if anyone else has a problem with the fact that if you hit cross court, the CPU hits down the line and if you hit down the line the CPU hits cross court.
Wimbledon 2004
US Open 2006
Olympic Silver
Victoria Azarenka | Petra Kvitova | Angelique Kerber | Caroline Wozniacki | Serena Williams | Heather Watson | Eugenie Bouchard
Keegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:14 AM   #2021
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to play online but keep getting the message that the TopSpin server is down...Is it just me?? Or is there something I can do to fix it?
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 10:26 AM   #2022
country flag sav001

sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold

Hey does anyone know if the Top Spin Finals in the female player career mode change venues throughout your career or are they always held in Madrid?
sav001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 10:33 AM   #2023
country flag sebbe

sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future

Apparently their server broke down and some of the uppdates they've done in the past is gone so they are trying to fix this and I guess some other things - so there's nothing you can do to fix it. You can still play online matches but not in the world tour.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM   #2024
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Apparently their server broke down and some of the uppdates they've done in the past is gone so they are trying to fix this and I guess some other things - so there's nothing you can do to fix it. You can still play online matches but not in the world tour.
omg some of those horrid updates are gone

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM   #2025
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finally starting to figure this game out.

I won the Australian Open, beating Wozniacki 3-4 3-1 10-5. I was actually down 0-30 at *1-1 in the second, but she still didn't get any break points
And I just won Roland Garros, an epic final against Serena, 1-3 4-3 10-8. I saved 3 championship points in the second set, one at *1-2, and 2 in the tie-break, including one on her serve. I was also down 5-8 in the super tiebreak.

I only figured out after the match that I had just switched coaches, and had lost my Instant Rocket ability. So I kept miss timing my shots

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote