BOMBSHELL!!! Top Spin 4 announced! - Page 134 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #1996
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Top Spin 4 announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
I thought the characters were too slow also...

But top spin 3 had monica seles, that was really good
Hitting one-handed forehands...

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #1997
country flag danieln1

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Hitting one-handed forehands...
That was not that good

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #1998
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Players looked like mannequins on the court in TS3, they moved in a very weird way, and you either hit a 15 km/h shot or a 150 km/h risky shot that could either go in or 60 meters out I never liked TS3 to be honest...

By the way guys I'm training my Mirjana Lucic, by tomorrow she should be ready, and I can't wait to try her online And yeah she's a ballbasher, but unlike in real life, she's got a brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otlichno View Post
Then you weren't very good at TS3, which proves my point, TS3 was as close to a simulation as any console tennis game ever was, TS4 is far too arcadey.

The only thing TS4 is better than TS3 at is animations and graphics. EVERYTHING else, TS3 is much better than TS4.

I agree cause I play great tennis on TS3 I have been destroying characters on the Very Hard level for years, Its almost boring at times cause I win so easily. And I never use the risk shot button except for my serve.
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #1999
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Could anyone give me some serve pointers? I have trouble serving with the right stick.

Also, how stupid is it that the AI goes from 0 to 100 from Slam QF's to SF's. How am I supposed to beat them when all of a sudden they play a million times better than before. You're absolutely not prepared for that.

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #2000
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Could anyone give me some serve pointers? I have trouble serving with the right stick.

Also, how stupid is it that the AI goes from 0 to 100 from Slam QF's to SF's. How am I supposed to beat them when all of a sudden they play a million times better than before. You're absolutely not prepared for that.
control shots are your friend....master those and you'll be good cause the game has noticeable patterns depending on what style the opponent is supposed to be

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #2001
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I don't think we'll ever get a great tennis game
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #2002
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
control shots are your friend....master those and you'll be good cause the game has noticeable patterns depending on what style the opponent is supposed to be
So I shouldn't even be using power shots?

What about getting a good serve? Should I keep the stick back until the last second, just tap it, and when do I aim? I can't get much direction on it, and it only occasionally hits 175.

Thanks to anyone with some good pointers

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #2003
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I never use control shots and I don't have any problem with slaying them all in Grand Slams in Expert mode with my Mirjana Lucic and her power shots

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #2004
country flag FerrerFan123
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute FerrerFan123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
I thought the characters were too slow also...
Characters being too slow, too easy to hit good serves and short slices are the only problems I had with TS3.

TS4, it is just TOO easy to hit a winner and every single point follows almost the exact same pattern, it's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Black View Post
Sometimes I don't think we'll ever get a great tennis game
http://managames.com/
FerrerFan123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #2005
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What about getting a good serve? Should I keep the stick back until the last second, just tap it, and when do I aim? I can't get much direction on it, and it only occasionally hits 175.

When you pull back the motion begins, once the ball is tossed at its highest, push forward. Timing is everything and I found it easier to hit the advanced serve in TS4 than in TS3.

Planet Venus
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #2006
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

control shot to open up the court, power into open court....i play with the move control so i just learned which point to release and swing on serve sorry can't help there...if you have enough power once you learn to serve and return you can use your power to gain the upper hand immediately and probably end rallies in one or two shots

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #2007
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

Quote:
Characters being too slow, too easy to hit good serves and short slices are the only problems I had with TS3.

TS4, it is just TOO easy to hit a winner and every single point follows almost the exact same pattern, it's ridiculous.

http://managames.com/
it does

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #2008
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then you weren't very good at TS3, which proves my point, TS3 was as close to a simulation as any console tennis game ever was, TS4 is far too arcadey.

The only thing TS4 is better than TS3 at is animations and graphics. EVERYTHING else, TS3 is much better than TS4.
And even the graphics are questionable. I'm not a fan of TS4's "cartoonish" graphics. TS3 had a more realistic style and the player creator was awesome. It was so detailed that you could actually make very realistic looking pro players. TS4's player creation is a shadowy mess.

Also, the coach and skill system of TS4 is a major flaw in the game. It sounded great in theory but it just doesn't work.
V-MAC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #2009
country flag Sammo

I hate the animations of Top Spin. They say they're so good and that they imitate players to perfection. MY ASS. They all look the same.

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #2010
country flag venusdemilo

venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all

I know it's been a few years since I logged on, I do more lurking anyway :|

So... I'm de-lurking to say that I got TS3 a few weeks ago and have no clue how to get into it. A few days later I got TS4 and got my first created player to level 20 which means every player I make after that, I have the opportunity to level them up immediately to 20 without going thru career mode again. Now that doesn't mean I'm any good at it, just fairly decent I know if I ever went online I'd probably get my butt kicked

You guys are raving about TS3, but I've never been able to get 'into' it the way I was with TS4. TS4 is much easier for first timers to get into, the learning curve for TS3 is steep, and I've been tempted to 'give up' and bring the game back.
venusdemilo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote