Radwanskas' autumn tennis trips (Asia + Indoor season) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #1
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute
Radwanskas' autumn tennis trips (Asia + Indoor season)

AGNIESZKA:

Toray Pan Pacific Open - Tokyo - PREMIER 5 - Main Draw
China Open - Bejing - PREMIER MANDATORY - Main Draw
Generali Ladies Linz - Linz - INTERNATIONAL - Main Draw
Kremlin Cup - Moscow - PREMIER - Main Draw

ULA:

Hansol Korea Open - Seoul - INTERNATIONAL - Main Draw <SR>
Toray Pan Pacific Open - Tokyo - PREMIER 5 - Quallies <WC>
Rakuten Japan Open - Tokyo - 100+H ITF CHALLENGER - Quallies <no SR>
Generali Ladies Linz - Linz - INTERNATIONAL - Main Draw Alternate <no SR>
BGL Luxembourg Open - Luxembourg - INTERNATIONAL - Main Draw Alternate (5 out of MD) <SR>

Maybe at least the happy ending of the season Ula didn't enter Linz with SR but Aga is a top seed and the biggest star in the field there so I guess they negotiated the WC for Ula.

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?

Last edited by TeamUla : Sep 24th, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #2
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radwanskas' autumn tennis trips

Like the word autumn..feels soft

Hopefully they have the best luck
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #3
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

Aga has a LOT of points to defend here. Hopefully she'll manage to do it to some extent at least...
and I don't even dare to hope for a title in Linz

As for Ula I'm looking forward for those Int. events. She can get some very needed wins there. Good luck
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #4
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

I wish both the best of luck. I have to say this year Agnieszka is good, but the expectations of everyone are higher than what she delivers. I do hope for change soon.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #5
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Agnieszka will play Kremlin Cup at the last week of the circuit.

Old Sep 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #6
country flag TeamUla

Ula is on the list of Ningbo 100k+H in China in the week of 27th September (WTA Tokyo week). So far she's 7th ALT but for sure there will be some withdrawals.

Old Sep 10th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #7
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future

Aga presented as biggest underachiever

Tennis Players With Big-Stage Frigh

The Daily Fix HOME PAGE »

By Carl Bialik

Away from Grand Slam courts over the past year, David Ferrer is among the best players in the world, nearly as effective as 16-time Grand Slam champ Roger Federer. At major tournaments, he’s almost a nonentity. He hasn’t reached a quarterfinal in over two years, and he’s reached just one Grand Slam semifinal in his career despite entering 20 major tournaments ranked in the Top 20. Of those 20 tournaments, he’s lost to a lower-ranked player 17 times

Some players treat every point of every tour event like match point at Wimbledon’s Centre Court. Others use the tour events as tune-ups, practicing and working out kinks in their games while conserving energy and seemingly caring little about winning matches, let alone titles. The result is that rankings, which dictate seedings at tournaments, often don’t reflect how well players play on the biggest stages, when the sport is attracting its biggest audiences.

The most extreme example among Top 20 men and women is Serena Williams. Even before her recent foot injury, which kept her out of several tour events and the U.S. Open, Williams played few WTA events, and didn’t do much at the ones she entered. Among the Top 20 women, she ranks 13th in points at events outside the Grand Slams. More than two thirds of her ranking points come from majors, the highest proportion of any woman in that group and just behind Juan Martin del Potro, who has been injured for much of the time since he won last year’s U.S. Open. Since Williams won at Charleston in April 2008, she has won five majors, a tour championship (which by ranking points is three quarters of a major) — and no other tour events.

The anti-Williams is No. 10 Agnieszka Radwanska, who has the fourth-most points at non-majors in the last year, but hasn’t reached a major quarterfinal and was upset in the second round in Flushing this week.

Though he enters many more events, Federer is, like Williams, a veteran who focuses on the biggest events. Despite failing to reach the semifinals at the last two majors after 23 straight, Federer still has gotten 54% of his ranking points from majors over the last year, the highest proportion among Top 20 men after Del Potro. At all other events over the last year, Federer has just the fourth-most points among Top 20 players, and is barely ahead of a group of five other men, including Ferrer.

Ferrer is the biggest underachiever at majors — or overachiever at other events, depending on how you look at it — in the men’s Top 15, and third-biggest in the Top 20, behind Ivan Ljubicic and Marcos Baghdatis, both of whom kept to form by exiting the Open in first-round upsets. Ferrer, though, has advanced to the third round, and has a favorable draw to reach a quarterfinal — where he’d likely face countryman Rafael Nadal, who is No. 1 in both ranking points at majors and away from majors.
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #8
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ It certainly is not Agnieszka's season ^^^
I hope things will change for her.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #9
country flag Pszczelny

Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreConrad View Post
I wish both the best of luck. I have to say this year Agnieszka is good, but the expectations of everyone are higher than what she delivers. I do hope for change soon.
we can use it as a summary of this year
Pszczelny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #10
country flag frequentflyer

frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all frequentflyer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelag View Post
Ula is on the list of Ningbo 100k+H in China in the week of 27th September (WTA Tokyo week). So far she's 7th ALT but for sure there will be some withdrawals.
She withdrew yesterday.
frequentflyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #11
country flag TeamUla

Ula's not in quali list of Beijing but might be in Tokyo 100+H Challenger (Rakuten Japan Open 2010). The list is out tomorrow.

Old Sep 16th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #12
country flag Agata.

Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ula's not in quali list of Beijing but might be in Tokyo 100+H Challenger (Rakuten Japan Open 2010). The list is out tomorrow.
She is on the entry list, currently 18 out of MD

I've just seen it's a joint tournament with ATP 500 (eg. Nadal will play there)

D. Cibulkova/ S. Lisicki/ E. Dementieva/ M. Sharapova/ Y. Shvedova/ L. Safarova/ T. Pironkova/ A. Kerber
all Polish players

Rafael Nadal
Agata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #13
country flag TeamUla

So it's strange she chose Linz over Osaka. In Osaka with her SR she would be directly in MD. And it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay closer than Austria.

Old Sep 16th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #14
country flag Agata.

Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of Agata. has much to be proud of

Quote:
So it's strange she chose Linz over Osaka. In Osaka with her SR she would be directly in MD. And it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay closer than Austria.
She said in one interview that she wanted to save some opportunities to play with SR for the next season and after US Open she wanted to use only one or two SR (I guess she chose Seoul and Luxembourg). I think that in Linz she has a big chance of getting WC because Agnieszka will also play there, maybe Radwanska's team are trying to get her WC there as you mentioned in the 1st post

D. Cibulkova/ S. Lisicki/ E. Dementieva/ M. Sharapova/ Y. Shvedova/ L. Safarova/ T. Pironkova/ A. Kerber
all Polish players

Rafael Nadal
Agata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #15
country flag mateusz2904
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of

Main Draw of Seoul is out, not good for Ula

"It's one of those wonderful correlations between tennis and life: the only way to succeed where you've failed before is not to dwell on the past, but to keep your mind on the task before you." JB

TT SINGLES: 5 Olomouc'11, Barcelona'12, Olympics'12, French Open'13, Charleston'14
TT DOUBLES: 28 w/AdeyC Bogota'10, Karuizawa'10, Montpellier'10, Bogota'11, Birmingham'11, Poitiers'11, Bratislava'11, Zawada'12, Bad Gastein'13
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote