The 2010 going away party (End of the year thread)! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #1
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
The 2010 going away party (End of the year thread)!

So.. Ana's schedule for the end of 2010:

Seoul
Tokyo
Beijing
Luxembourg

According to Matt Cronin, she might as well play Bali (if qualified or WC).

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #2
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 2010 going away party (End of the year thread)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
So.. Ana's schedule for the end of 2010:

Seoul
Tokyo
Beijing
Luxembourg

According to Matt Cronin, she might as well play Bali (if qualified or WC).
I should PM someone else....sent you one,btw...and ask them to suggest it in order to keep you from stubbornly rejecting it out of hand....but don't you think that Road To Bali has a more upbeat feel to it?.....Just a thought

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #3
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

This is the entry list for Seoul:

Quote:
1 PETROVA NADIA RUS 21 1982-06-08
2 MARTINEZ SANCHEZ MARIA JOSE ESP 22 1982-08-12
3 PAVLYUCHENKOVA ANASTASIA RUS 25 1991-07-03
4 KLEYBANOVA ALISA RUS 27 1987-07-15
5 KIRILENKO MARIA RUS 28 1987-01-25
6 SHVEDOVA YAROSLAVA KAZ 32 1987-09-12
7 SZAVAY AGNES HUN 37 1988-12-29
8 ZAKOPALOVA KLARA CZE 38 1982-02-24
9 GOERGES JULIA GER 40 1988-11-02
10 CIBULKOVA DOMINIKA SVK 44 1989-05-09
11 HERCOG POLONA SLO 47 1991-01-21
12 MEDINA GARRIGUES ANABEL ESP 48 1982-07-31
13 KERBER ANGELIQUE GER 50 1988-01-18
14 BALTACHA ELENA GBR 56 1983-08-14
15 DATE KRUMM KIMIKO JPN 59 1970-09-28
16 RODIONOVA ANASTASIA AUS 64 1982-05-12
17 GROTH JARMILA AUS 66 1987-04-26
18 MAKAROVA EKATERINA RUS 69 1988-06-07
19 FLIPKENS KIRSTEN BEL 70 1986-01-10
20 DUSHEVINA VERA RUS 71 1986-09-06
21 CHAN YUNG-JAN TPE 75 1989-08-17
22 RADWANSKA URSZULA POL 75 SR 1990-12-07
23 BENESOVA IVETA CZE 77 1983-02-01
24 KING VANIA USA 81 1989-02-03
http://www.hansolopen.com/2010/player/single.jsp

I think Ana will be seeded for the tournament. 7th or 8th seed. The field is rather weak.. and there aren't all that many friends there.. so Ana would only have to avoid playing Groth and Kirilenko..

Ana should play this seriously.. it's her best shot at a title by far.

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #4
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I should PM someone else....sent you one,btw...and ask them to suggest it in order to keep you from stubbornly rejecting it out of hand....but don't you think that Road To Bali has a more upbeat feel to it?.....Just a thought
All Ana needs to go play Bali is win a MM. I'm sure they would be happy to give her a WC as well..

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #5
country flag gaviotabr

My goal for Ana is to make enough points in these tournaments to be seeded for AO. So here is the current situation:

Ana has 1588 points, nothing to defend, playing at least 4 tournaments. Ana will lose 130 points from Brisbane semis for AO seedings purposes, so we should count her with 1458 points.

Current player ranked 32 is Alona Bonderenko, with 1783 points. Player ranked 24 is Maria Kirilenko, with 2275 points.

So I think Ana needs around 400 points in those 4 tournaments she intends to play in order to be seeded for AO. And around 900 points to be in the top 24, and avoid the top 8 in the third round at AO draw.

Can she do it?

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #6
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
My goal for Ana is to make enough points in these tournaments to be seeded for AO. So here is the current situation:

Ana has 1588 points, nothing to defend, playing at least 4 tournaments. Ana will lose 130 points from Brisbane semis for AO seedings purposes, so we should count her with 1458 points.

Current player ranked 32 is Alona Bonderenko, with 1783 points. Player ranked 24 is Maria Kirilenko, with 2275 points.

So I think Ana needs around 400 points in those 4 tournaments she intends to play in order to be seeded for AO. And around 900 points to be in the top 24, and avoid the top 8 in the third round at AO draw.

Can she do it?
If she keeps up her form (today's performance aside) then I think she will get there. I think she is going to make a deep run in at least one of those 4 tournaments (Seoul being the most likely). Don't know about reaching the top 24. It's going to be an interesting fall season. I am hoping she can have another Zurich & Linz 2008 like tournaments.
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #7
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos7 View Post
If she keeps up her form (today's performance aside) then I think she will get there. I think she is going to make a deep run in at least one of those 4 tournaments (Seoul being the most likely). Don't know about reaching the top 24. It's going to be an interesting fall season. I am hoping she can have another Zurich & Linz 2008 like tournaments.
^^Indeed,it's more than just slightly possible...and the advantage now over Zurich/Linz 2008 is that,despite that short-term success,Ana was still battling to maintain her love for tennis then.She wasn't in the full depths of her slump yet,but she was en route...and her infamous off-season cemented that plunge.....NOW,however,results like Zurich/Linz would be a real launching pad for Ana

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #8
country flag gaviotabr

I also hope Ana gets some big time luck with the draws.. she is due to some major wave of luck going her way.

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #9
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

It's time for Bitch Please Ana to become an MM queen
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 03:28 AM   #10
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Wife Ana View Post
It's time for Bitch Please Ana to become an MM queen
Justin,I still don't regret that I didn't call Kim a bitch.....but there'll be plenty of opponents for Ana who fit the bill in the future

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #11
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Justin,I still don't regret that I didn't call Kim a bitch.....but there'll be plenty of opponents for Ana who fit the bill in the future
Kim is far from a bitch besides, it's only a tongue in cheek thing to say, for a laugh

But yes, let's hope she doesn't have to play any friends for the rest of the year
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #12
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Wife Ana View Post
Kim is far from a bitch besides, it's only a tongue in cheek thing to say, for a laugh

But yes, let's hope she doesn't have to play any friends for the rest of the year
Well,I didn't mean it purely in a tongue-in-cheek fashion when Ana played Razzano

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #13
country flag Adrian1092

Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of Adrian1092 has much to be proud of

Nice to see she has finally added some smaller tournaments She still has a lot of work to do, especially on her serve and backhand. Ajde
Andrea Petkovic Mona Barthel

"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire".
Adrian1092 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #14
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Ana must to reach TOP32 and try to reach TOP24 till end of season, and if she continued to use her forehand frequently to hit winners like in good old days and play aggressive, her chances are good for that. On paper, Ana best shot is winning MM Seoul title where playing only 2 players which ever before reach TOP15 (veterans Petrova and Date), but in reality I think her chances for some big result is better in Tokyo and Beijing where all (injury free) WTA TOP players will play! When Ana is not enough motivated anyone can beat her, but when she is highly motivated and focused - she has chance to beat anyone. That's why she won so far only one MM event in whole life (and that Canberra 2005 wins happen just when 17y old Ana switch ITF circuit with pro-tour, so she has all reasons to be high motivated). I don't see Ana to be "enough motivated" in Korea, but at premier-5 in Japan and premier mandatory in Beijing she can repeat Cincinnati/USO passion for tennis (and wins) once again, which means she can beat anybody and go deep into draw. If Sharapova join Clijsters and sisters into TOP8 till end of season, Ana's Melbourne seeds status will not be such good news if she not reach TOP24 in same time, which means Ana needs one good and one very good result in rest of season. Because Hopman Cup Ana will not defend her Brisbane points, so it will be probably better for her to accept Bali WC and finish season two weeks latter than she originally plan.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #15
country flag gaviotabr

Ana's web makes the Seoul WC official:

Quote:
Ana set for Seoul
Search this site:
Home › On Court › News

Ana today announced her acceptance of a wild card into the Hansol Korea Open in Seoul, a $220,000 International tournament that takes place during 20-26 September.

It will be Ana's first visit to South Korea and the 22-year-old is very much looking forward to it.

"I am often asked what the best thing about being a professional tennis player is. I always say, 'competing on the court', but after that it is probably the opportunity to visit new places, and Korea is going to be a lot of fun, I'm sure."

After Seoul Ana will play Premier tournaments in Tokyo and Beijing.

"I like this new schedule: three tournaments in a row in Asia. There's still a lot to play for this season and it made a lot of sense to add Seoul to my schedule.

"I am grateful for this wild card and I really hope I can compete for the trophy."
She really should try her best to compete for the title.. it's her best shot at a title this season.