Suicide Tennis #271: Quebec City | congrats to Dementieva_Dude - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #1
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute
Suicide Tennis #271: Quebec City | congrats to Dementieva_Dude

Welcome to QUEBEC CITY!

Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...

Suicide Quebec City 2010

2009 Final : Drake1980 (CAN) def. Yarden (ISR)

2008 Final : smokovec (ITA) def. Chrono (HKG)

2007 Final : Stiles. (GEO) def. Davenselesport (USA)

2006 Final : Drake1980 (CAN) def. Ceze (FRA)

1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).

2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Serena Williams or Venus Williams in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Ana Ivanovic. Has-beens are not hot.

3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.

4. Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.

Replacement picks must be identitified like this:

BACK-UP PICK - MARIA KIRILENKO

If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.

5. The seeds will be based on the last rankings. The top EIGHT ranked players to commit will be given a bye and not required to make a pick on Day 01.

6. To sign up, please type the word "In". Variations are more than acceptable. Your sign up will be confirmed when you post your picks on the first day of main draw play, and so it is not necessarily a "must" to sign in.

7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week. If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.

8. Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post or else you will be DISQUALIFIED!

Ranking Points for Suicide Quebec City (International)
Code:
DAY 1: 1
DAY 2: 15
DAY 3: 30
DAY 4: 50
DAY 5: 70
DAY 6: 130
DAY 7: 200 (No Pick)
DAY 7: 232 (Invalid)
DAY 7: 280 (Winner)
Further Information

Time in Quebec Use this

Tournament site here

Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this

Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this

** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/TennisForum IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT twight6@gmail.com
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.

Last edited by twight6 : Sep 19th, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #2
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suicide Tennis #271: Quebec City | Enter!

Survivors

Rank Name............. DAY01........ DAY02........ DAY03........ DAY04........ DAY05........ DAY06........ DAY07........

.13. Dementieva_Dude.. Arvidsson.... Paszek....... Oudin........ McHale....... Safarova..... Mattek-Sands. No Pick
**WINNER** (posted first)

.38. ronim1........... Arvidsson.... Paszek....... Oudin........ McHale....... Safarova..... Mattek-Sands. No Pick
**RUNNER-UP**

Last edited by twight6 : Sep 19th, 2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #3
country flag twight6

DAY07 Matches

B.Mattek-Sands v. T.Paszek [Q]

Last edited by twight6 : Sep 19th, 2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #4
country flag twight6

Announcements

DAY06
Congratulations to Dementieva_Dude on making it to DAY07 and winning, after posting his pick first on DAY06! Also congrats to ronim1, who became runner-up, also making it to DAY07.

DAY04
Today was a little bit tougher, as 8 people (including myself) got knocked out. 21 people move onto the quarterfinals!

DAY03
Although there were two upsets (according to ranking) today, all the matches were straight sets and only 3 players were knocked out! 29 move on to DAY04.

DAY02
With a few upsets on DAY02, 22 people were knocked out, including the top 2 seeds! That leaves 32 people, only 4 seeds, moving into DAY03.

DAY01
On DAY01, only one poster was killed off as McHale managed to pull out the three set win and the others advanced in straight sets. Much better than New Haven!

Last edited by twight6 : Sep 19th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #5
country flag twight6

Results

Out DAY01 (1 point)
Code:
.66.	Poiree...........	Molik..........

Out DAY02 (15 points)
Code:
.01.	DarkchildSwiss...	Goerges........	Lisicki........
.02.	NyCPsU...........	Goerges........	Strycova.......
.09.	qczi.............	McHale.........	Rezai..........
.12.	Drake1980........	Goerges........	Rezai..........
.14.	MH0861...........	Marino.........	Rezai..........
.18.	Andreas..........	Goerges........	Strycova.......
.29.	Daszmarelli......	Goerges........	Strycova.......
.42.	*Jean*...........	Goerges........	Strycova.......
.44.	Bahu.............	Goerges........	Strycova.......
.67.	smokovec.........	Goerges........	No Pick
.69.	Uranium..........	Goerges........	Govortsova.....
.88.	GBTHECOACH.......	Goerges........	Strycova.......
.95.	Vicmatibla.......	Marino.........	Strycova.......
101.	Monzanator.......	Goerges........	Govortsova.....
109.	SamR03A..........	Goerges........	Rezai..........
121.	* mladen *.......	Arvidsson......	Rezai..........
136.	Lee-Waters' Boy..	Goerges........	Lisicki........
138.	Ethiopian Clowns.	McHale.........	Govortsova.....
165.	maxomax..........	Larsson........	Strycova.......
198.	Goldddfish.......	Marino.........	Strycova.......
199.	tauparticle......	Goerges........	Lisicki........
227.	Mariusz82........	Goerges........	Strycova.......

Out DAY03 (30 points)
Code:
.06.	delicatecutter...	McHale.........	Mattek-Sands...	Goerges........
.74.	Shi Feng.........	Goerges........	Dubois.........	Bartoli........
.94.	tonyten..........	Marino.........	Mattek-Sands...	No Pick

Out DAY04 (50 points)
Code:
.37.	Ballbasher.......	Goerges........	Paszek.........	Oudin..........	Tetreault......
.75.	cometz9..........	McHale.........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Lucic..........
105.	twight6..........	Goerges........	Paszek.........	Mattek-Sands...	Tetreault......
245.	MestZ............	McHale.........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	No Pick

Out DAY05 (70 points)
Code:
.03.	meelis...........	Marino.........	Lucic..........	Oudin..........	McHale.........	Glatch.........
.11.	tennisfan_77.....	Marino.........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	McHale.........	Arvidsson......
.21.	DAVAJ MKirilenko.	Goerges........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	McHale.........	Glatch.........
.23.	Blackeagle.......	Goerges........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Arvidsson......	Marino.........
.26.	shaktincredible..	Goerges........	Bartoli........	Oudin..........	Paszek.........	Glatch.........
.54.	Tales............	Goerges........	Oudin..........	Safarova.......	McHale.........	No Pick
.81.	rabbits..........	McHale.........	Mattek-Sands...	Safarova.......	Paszek.........	Oudin..........
115.	lucian_iasi......	Goerges........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Paszek.........	Glatch.........
118.	gegalli..........	McHale.........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Paszek.........	Glatch.........

Out DAY06 (130 points)
Code:
.27.	In the Zone......	McHale.........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Paszek.........	Safarova.......	No Pick
.28.	Yarden...........	Marino.........	Paszek.........	Oudin..........	Arvidsson......	Mattek-Sands...	McHale.........
.35.	Inger67..........	Goerges........	Paszek.........	Oudin..........	McHale.........	Mattek-Sands...	Safarova.......
.46.	steph1982........	Larsson........	Oudin..........	Safarova.......	Paszek.........	Mattek-Sands...	McHale.........
.47.	iPatty...........	Marino.........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Paszek.........	Safarova.......	McHale.........
.81.	rabbits..........	McHale.........	Mattek-Sands...	Safarova.......	Paszek.........	Oudin..........	No Pick
.98.	Agata............	Goerges........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Paszek.........	McHale.........	Safarova.......
129.	Andiyan..........	Marino.........	Paszek.........	Oudin..........	Glatch.........	Mattek-Sands...	McHale.........
132.	KittyTennis......	McHale.........	Paszek.........	Oudin..........	Arvidsson......	Mattek-Sands...	Safarova.......
.XX.	Djezonfly........	Goerges........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Paszek.........	McHale.........	Safarova.......
.XX.	WTAtennisfan15...	Goerges........	Mattek-Sands...	Oudin..........	Arvidsson......	McHale.........	Safarova.......

Out DAY07- No Pick (200 points)
Code:
.13.	Dementieva_Dude.. Arvidsson.... Paszek....... Oudin........ McHale....... Safarova..... Mattek-Sands. No Pick
**WINNER** (posted first)

.38.	ronim1........... Arvidsson.... Paszek....... Oudin........ McHale....... Safarova..... Mattek-Sands. No Pick
**RUNNER-UP**

Last edited by twight6 : Sep 19th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #6
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

In
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #7
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

In, thanks
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #8
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

In please
2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #9
country flag KittyTennis

KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light KittyTennis is a glorious beacon of light

In
KittyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #10
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

In, please.
Laura Pigossi || Vivian Segnini

Daszmarelli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #11
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes please
game wins: FITD US Open '12, Guangzhou '10 (#1 since 8 July 2013), TT Indian Wells '11, TT doubles Moskva '11, Brussel '12, Pattaya '13, Stuttgart '13 (w/Andreas), PAW 4 titles, Suicide Olympic gold + 2 titles, Tipping 3 titles (#1 for 25 weeks, USO Series '12), Q-Ball 7 titles, Blackjack #1 2012, Pentathlon #1 2012 (5 titles)
Азарэнка | Павлюченкова | Arvidsson| Halep | Eikeri | Clijsters | Rus | Van Uytvanck | Watson | Bertens | Superboerin Hogenkamp | Schoofs
Håkon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #12
country flag gegalli

gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold

In, Please
gegalli is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #13
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute

In
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #14
country flag DarkchildSwiss

DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future

in please. thx!

Other players: Belinda Bencic ~ Kim Clijsters ~ Timea Bacsinszky ~ Elena Dementieva ~ Stefanie Voegele ~ Anna Kournikova ~ Maria Sharapova ~ Vera Zvonareva ~ Daniela Hantuchova ~ Elena Bovina ~ Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova ~ Monica Seles ~ Jennifer Capriati ~ Serena and Venus Williams ~ Klara Koukalova
DarkchildSwiss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #15
country flag Poiree

Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute

In