What are your expectations for 2014 regarding our players? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #1
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
What are your expectations for 2014 regarding our players?

I would be really pleased if one of our young players could have some breakthrough.
For Martic I hope that she at least stays on same level and doesn't drop down, anything more would be a bonus.
I hope our younger players become good juniors.
Oh and I hope Karolina Sprem tries one more time to play on the tour.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Last edited by tennismaster8820 : Nov 10th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 25th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #2
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your expectations for 2012 regarding our players?

this is ajla's season to break the top100
hope petra can keep her top50 status
maybe donna can get high enough in the rankings to make a grand slam qualie cut-off
and hopefully ana konjuh will start playing u18 itf tournaments and have success
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #3
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Martic- I really hope she can stay healthy and have a good season. She said she'll play big tournaments only like Dubai so it will be hard to get a lot of wins, but experience will come. I would be happy if she could be seeded for US Open this year or AOpen next year.

Lucic- Hmm.. Hard to tell. She had really bad start last season so I hope she'll need less time to find her form this year. I would be happy if she could return to top 100 until clay season and than try to attack top 50 to maybe play Olympics. And I really hope she gets some good result in doubles as well.

Tomljanovic- to be or not to be. Surely, last season it was a stagnation. It may just be one bad year in a process, but if she doesn't break in top100 this year we will have to face the fact that she's just a solid player, and not a champion or good player yet(if ever).

For others- I hope Sprem does come back(I don't see her in AOpen list) and I wish Mijacika would maybe get to TOP150 or TOP 100. Mrdeza should break into TOP 200 and I hope Donna will get some WTA experience.
And my fingers are always crossed for some surprising comeback- like Ancic or Pandzic.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #4
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I know this isn't really my place, but it's always interesting to see what happens eventually.

Martic, Mrdeza, Lucic pretty much met everyone's expectations.
Sprem never returned, but got married and had a baby girl
Vekic, Konjuh exceeded everyone's expectations
Mijacika and Tomljanovic didn't meet expectations.

@ajmo! You got your wish with Savic, Abramovic, and Pandzic returning

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #5

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your expectations for 2013 regarding our players?

^^
Yeah it has been a good year, it's time to give predictions and hopes for 2013 season.

Martic - I hope she can win some WTA tournament and finish the year in top 40
Lucic - I hope she can have few good runs and finish the year in top 100
Vekic - hopefully she can enter in top 100 or at least keep her ranking around same place, just not to fall down
Mrdeza - to return to top 200 if possible
Tomljanovic - to have successful comeback and gets to GS qualies again
Konjuh - to have good results in ITFs and concentrate on pro career 100%
Savic - I want to see her play GSs in 2013
For all others I hope some will surprise us, especially youngsters like Pera, Lekaj, Fett etc.
Maybe some of them will also be able to make it.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #6
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

I have ambitious expectations, but I won't write nasty things if they don't meet them:
- Petra to get into the top 30.
- Mirjana to get into the top 60
- Donna to get to top 80
- Savic to get to top 150
- Pandzic to get back to top 200
- Konjuh to get to top 400
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #7
country flag volume3d

volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of

I have a 'bad' feeling that all our top girls will be placed between 90-130 on WTA list during this whole season /Martic,Vekic,Lucic,Mrdeza,Tomljanovic/ ... that's ok for Mrdeza and Ajla but not for the other ones

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #8
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Martic - 3 single and 2 double titles and TOP 20
Vekic - TOP 50
Tomljanovic - TOP 100
Savic, Lucic & Mrdeza - TOP 150
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #9
country flag volume3d

volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Martic - 3 single and 2 double titles and TOP 20
Vekic - TOP 50
Tomljanovic - TOP 100
Savic, Lucic & Mrdeza - TOP 150

Greco, please

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #10

Re: What are your expectations for 2014 regarding our players?

It's almost time for next year expectations!
Glad to see Ajla, Donna and Ana did what I expected, Ajla even way more!
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #11
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Hope someone will end the season inside top 50 (at least one of them).
Hope Ajla stays at the same ranking level and manages to preserve her position on the Tour, with a more demanding schedule. Anything else would be a bonus. Whether I think she can do it, absolutely.
It would be nice to see Donna making a more significant leap forward and finally breaks the top 50 after a less than satisfying 2013. She can surely do it, but of course you can't know anything due to injuries and other factors. Improvement in movement is paramount.
When it comes to Petra I have very little reservation and really want to see a solid year from her. She is someone with a talent for top 50 as the very minimum, but her arrangement with a new coach still has to be tested. She is also at the right age to do great things, so I expect quite a lot of her. If she keeps herself healthy and motivated top 40 is not impossible. I'd be happy with a position around #50 in singles and maybe around 40 in doubles.
Mirjana still has it in her to play some good tennis, and those are basically all my expectations for next year when it comes to her. I don't expect a significant forward move in rankings, but more of what we're already used to - occasional flashes of brilliance and a good run or two would be nice in either singles or doubles. Keeping herself in a position to play main draw matches at majors would be good.
Tereza could do more than so far with enough motivation and proper work. Seeing her establish herself as a steady top 150 would be nice. Improving her skills on surfaces other than clay would be good.
Ana V. had a nice 2013 and I'm hoping for something similar next year. A few ITF titles in either category, and hopefully a ranking steadily inside 200 - that would be good for her.
Ana K., I wish she manages to fulfill her goal of top100 by the end of the year, and I firmly believe she can do it. For her the most important thing is to play as much as possible and learn from playing matches, so I'd also like to see her play more doubles (she certainly has the skills for it). It'd be nice to see her qualify for a slam at least once, play main draws of some WTA's, maybe reach later rounds of doubles in some of them. If elbow doesn't create too much trouble for her, this is all achievable.

And that's pretty much it. I don't expect much from the others with a possible exception of Mikulcic and Mekovec, of whom I expect to approach closer to 300 next year and become competitive on standard challenger levels.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #12
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

I expect them to stop losing to players much worse than them

No more Vekic vs Dulgheru, Tomljanovic vs Zhao, Lucic vs Hsu, Martic vs Garcia-Vidagany and other embarassing losses

Last edited by Svizac : Dec 14th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #13
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ that's really all I hope for as well
+ konjuh top150
I don't think next year will be Donna's breakthrough. Hope I'm wrong