Anna Lena in New York! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #31
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna Lena in New York!

Well, it is obvious that she is not in best shape but she is also mentally totally weak, I mean, she had all chances to win that match, but when it was important she always failed, this is a big problem of her these days, that she is mentally just too weak, and then she often turns crazy, mad etc, we often saw that and as long as she has no coach that won´t get better, but it seems like she has no real plan right now, she fired Dier as she realized that she needs a change but she had no plan B, I really hope that she finds a good coach soon and I hope that she is ready to give 100%, only then she has chances to come back, otherwise it really looks bad...

I don´t know, I mean she was so good in 2005/2006, she realized back then that she is almost able to beat everyone on a good day, that should actually be motivation enough to work hard again with a new coach, but it is obvious that she never really gave everything while she worked with Dier, I mean, she admitted that herself!

Hopefully she is ready to give up some things, if necessary, when she works with a new coach, maybe moving away from Saarbrücken/Germany etc. , she just needs a good coach, who can work hard with her and someone who is able to work on her on court attitude, I hope she finds the right one!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #32
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
I agree she needs to do some 25k's because more than anything she needs confidence from match wins. She can't beat these players because she doesn't have the confidence to close the matches out. If she had some wins in some 25k's I think she would gain some of that confidence back.

Maybe she'll surprise us and have a good run in one of those 100k events
If we have a look at the entry list of Biella

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...order=Position

it will be very tough for ALG. She won't be seeded and she will be one of the lowest ranked players in the MD.

If we compare this entry list to Alphen

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...order=Position

There she would be the top seeded player and clearly able to beat almost everyone even with her form and low confidence at the moment.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #33
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

she fired Dier?
i totally missed this, when? and for what reason?
i mean it´s a good step, because he was just to "nice" for her, but was there a reason from her side?
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #34
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
she fired Dier?
i totally missed this, when? and for what reason?
i mean it´s a good step, because he was just to "nice" for her, but was there a reason from her side?
http://www.annalenagroenefeld.com/me...mmenarbeit.pdf

Gründe wurden nicht genannt.
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #35
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

sound like a split in a good way, not with bad words or something like this
i hope she will soon hire a coach who is something between Dier and Font de Mora
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #36
country flag mk27

Well, she should hire someone before the off-season will begin.

Tatishvili was beaten by Ondraskova, but it was very close.
With some confidence ALG could be in the MD.

Last edited by mk27 : Aug 28th, 2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #37
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles draw is out:

Julia Goerges GER
Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER
v
Alicja Rosolska POL
Chanelle Scheepers RSA

Patty Schnyder SUI
Agnes Szavay HUN
v
Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP (8)
Zi Yan CHN (8)

That is their section for the first two rounds...I think it's possible for them to make round 3 from that...round 3 could be black/rodionova or azarenka/safina.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 01:44 PM   #38
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Mixed draw ALG and Marks quarter.

Elena Vesnina RUS (6)
Andy Ram ISR (6)
v
Raquel Kops-Jones USA
Eric Butorac USA

Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER
Mark Knowles BAH

v
Nicole Gibbs USA
Sam Querrey USA

Daniela Hantuchova SVK
Mahesh Bhupathi IND
v
Kaia Kanepi EST
Robert Lindstedt SWE

Lucie Hradecka CZE
Frantisek Cermak CZE
v
Cara Black ZIM (2)
Leander Paes IND (2)

I think they should be able to win 1, maybe 2 matches here at least

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 07:34 PM   #39
country flag shrOOf
YOO-li-ah shroof

shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute

1R: ALG/Görges def. Rosolska/Scheepers 63 76 well done!
shrOOf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 07:42 PM   #40
country flag zveeen

zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future zveeen has a brilliant future

Congrats!
zveeen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM   #41
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

good start
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 08:30 PM   #42
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Solid start in doubles

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 08:49 PM   #43
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 01:47 AM   #44
country flag Davodus

Nice win

Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:04 PM   #45
country flag Davodus

Knowles/Groenefeld def Gibbs/Querrey 6-3 6-2

Easy win, expected though. Never lost serve, and never taken to deuce...ALG served it out to love