Anna Lena in New York! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 25th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #16
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna Lena in New York!

A win
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #17
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogi View Post
I wish she would find some of her form 2 years ago and she would qualify with ease... reaching the 4th round of a GS seems so surreal at the moment
2 years ago, she had much more confidence and she didn't expect anything from her.
Weight was nearly the same, if we look at this picture from the US Open 2008.

Now she's struggling und wants to be back in the top 100 as soon as possible, but didn't have much confidence in her game. She has now 5 wins since her comeback, but only one win against a top 150 player. That was against Arvidsson in Bastad.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #18
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

ALG is 4th on court 14, if it doesn't rain...

EDIT: She has been moved to last on court 14.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos

Last edited by Davodus : Aug 26th, 2010 at 03:55 AM.
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #19
country flag Jogi

Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute

I wish she still was with adidas, Lotto is so meh
Jogi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #20
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogi View Post
I wish she still was with adidas, Lotto is so meh
the skirt is just horrible
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #21
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Lotto clothes are pretty shit, it all looks the same and it looks cheap. The only Lotto outfit I've liked is her fed cup one.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #22
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Ondraskova won against Stephens!
ALG has to beat Tatishvili tonight and then Ondraskova (H2H 3-0, 6-0 sets), if she doesnt take that chance...
Really, she has to qualify now, anything else would be a huge disappointment!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #23
country flag Jogi

Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute Jogi has a reputation beyond repute

6-7(5), after leading 5-3 serving for the set
Jogi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 05:29 AM   #24
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

My report:
-The main match I saw was Tatishvili-Groenefeld. I saw most of it except I missed a few games. The first set was very close and even. There were a lot of nice long rallies from the baseline during this match. 99% of the points were winners or unforced errors from the baseline. Tatishvili had a lot of support. She had so many fans. Georgian and American. Most of the people there wanted her to win. Groenefeld really isn’t that fat. She’s chubby, but I think some people overreact. She obviously would be better off if she loses some more weight. Tatishvili is very fit. She’s not 90 pounds or whatever he tour site says. I’d say she’s 110-120. It was so exciting. Groenefeld broke towards the end of the match, and then Tatishvili broke back after being down 30-0 in that game. Then Tatishvili held and then she had 3 MP’s on Groenefeld’s serve at 0-40 and then Groenefeld saved all of them and then Tatishvili had another one that game but couldn’t convert. Finally, Tatishvili had another match point on Groenefeld’s next service game and she took it and everyone was cheering and Tatishvili was so happy. Groenefeld was pissed because Tatishvili hit a drop shot towards the end of the match and the chair umpire said it was a double bounce and Groenefeld argued with him and then she just walked away shaking her head and smiling and then she just walked away so after the match she stormed off the court. Tatishvili stuck around and took pictures and signed autographs for everyone and I congratulated her and she said thank you and then she was kissing some people that she knew and they said “Anna I’m so proud of you, etc.” and then she talked to some people in Georgian and one of the Georgian fans said “Spasibo!” (what does that mean Gigi?), and then they said other stuff in Georgian and then I left. Anna is really sweet and cute. She sounds like a little girl though, but I love her. It also looked like Chakhnashvili was there watching, but I couldn’t tell from far away so I went closer and then she was gone and then she came back later but I was on the other side so I don’t know if it was really her.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 05:37 AM   #25
country flag Davodus

Ragefeld always loses When she is angry at the end of matches she never wins them But thanks for the report.

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:40 AM   #26
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #27
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

don't know what to say except
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #28
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

First time she has lost a qualifying match in a Grand Slam since Melbourne 2004.
Now it's clear that she isn't really better than 140/150 at the moment.

She will play now the two 100k tournaments in Biella and Sofia, but I don't expect much here. She should go back to 25k tournaments like Alphen. There she would have a chance for a semifinal but not in the big ITF tournaments in Biella and Sofia.

It will be tough for her to go back to the top 100.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 09:45 AM   #29
country flag Davodus

I agree she needs to do some 25k's because more than anything she needs confidence from match wins. She can't beat these players because she doesn't have the confidence to close the matches out. If she had some wins in some 25k's I think she would gain some of that confidence back.

Maybe she'll surprise us and have a good run in one of those 100k events

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #30
country flag shrOOf
YOO-li-ah shroof

shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god I went to bed early.
shrOOf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote