Tamira at the US Open - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 02:57 AM   #16
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamira at the US Open

Keep going, Mimi!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 09:27 PM   #17
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

She won against Safarova
I should open extra thread for tournaments more often!
Best tournament in ages!
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 10:25 PM   #18
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Good job!

I hope Andrew got to see this match in person. Must have been exciting!

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 01:58 AM   #19
country flag AJZ.

AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute

Love Mimi

Ai Sugiyama. Jie Zheng. Zi Yan. Tamira Paszek.
Yaroslava Shvedova. Nuria&MariaJose. Yung-Jan Chan. Elena Vesnina. Flavia Pennetta.
AJZ. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM   #20
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

http://http://www.kleinezeitung.at/s...-ich-bin.story

"I´m not thinking about where I was or how I've played in the past. I´m just going on the court and enjoy! Now I know who I am"

She will practice with Lari Passos again in the off-season to prepare well for the 2011-season. Her coach is at the moment her father, she seems to be very happy right now. She said that she isn´t a girl anymore, but a woman and that the last 2,5 years were very difficult for her. She is practising 8 hours a day - 2 units tennis and 2 units fitness. If she can reach the 3rd round here she maybe will play the WTA-tournaments in Asia, otherwise she wants to play US-ITFs. Her goal for this season is to reach Top 100 again. She is feeling fitter than ever.
She said that there were many people, who have written her off, but she was still full of self-belief. "I hate it to lose - as simple as that!"

Best of luck Mimi

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM   #21
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

]

When I saw her hitting with Larri in Miami, I kind of figured something was up. Nice to see her re-commit herself to her tennis.

'
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM   #22
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaCalling View Post
http://http://www.kleinezeitung.at/s...-ich-bin.story

"I´m not thinking about where I was or how I've played in the past. I´m just going on the court and enjoy! Now I know who I am"

She will practice with Lari Passos again in the off-season to prepare well for the 2011-season. Her coach is at the moment her father, she seems to be very happy right now. She said that she isn´t a girl anymore, but a woman and that the last 2,5 years were very difficult for her. She is practising 8 hours a day - 2 units tennis and 2 units fitness. If she can reach the 3rd round here she maybe will play the WTA-tournaments in Asia, otherwise she wants to play US-ITFs. Her goal for this season is to reach Top 100 again. She is feeling fitter than ever.
She said that there were many people, who have written her off, but she was still full of self-belief. "I hate it to lose - as simple as that!"

Best of luck Mimi
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

Old Sep 1st, 2010, 04:33 PM   #23
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Tamira
Brent, I had night session tickets so I couldn't get in until 6:00 PM and her match was over, but I immediately went to the practice courts to see if there were any stars there, and Tamira was hitting
I watched for five minutes or so, but then I left because Tamira was kind of far away and I could barely see

Old Sep 1st, 2010, 06:09 PM   #24
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Tamira
Brent, I had night session tickets so I couldn't get in until 6:00 PM and her match was over, but I immediately went to the practice courts to see if there were any stars there, and Tamira was hitting
I watched for five minutes or so, but then I left because Tamira was kind of far away and I could barely see
Hey Andrew! Hope you're having a good time at the Open. Sorry you didn't get there for Tamira's match, but maybe R3 if she gets the Woz. Did you get to stay for the whole night session?

'
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 06:22 PM   #25
country flag hellas719

I stayed for the whole night session
I love the US Open
I'm probably not going again until next week though

Old Sep 1st, 2010, 07:31 PM   #26
country flag AJZ.

AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I stayed for the whole night session
I love the US Open
I'm probably not going again until next week though
So lucky !!! Night sessions are the BEST!
Enjoy your next time there!

I always wondered, are the practice courts accessible? Whenever they show them on TV it looks like the players are so far away all the time. Is it possible to get autographs/talk to the players when they come off the courts?

Yaroslava Shvedova. Nuria&MariaJose. Yung-Jan Chan. Elena Vesnina. Flavia Pennetta.
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM   #27
country flag hellas719

When they come off, yes, but you can only see one court really. The rest are too far away and there are trees blocking the views of the other practice courts

Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 03:12 PM   #28
country flag AJZ.

Quote:
When they come off, yes, but you can only see one court really. The rest are too far away and there are trees blocking the views of the other practice courts
Oh well that's extremely disappointing! Oh well. :S Thanks for answering

Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:54 PM   #29
country flag LightsOut!

She lost
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:04 PM   #30
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

See you again next year then.

With direct entry into MD, of course.
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #22 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #36 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #42 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg 2014 ITF Alphen, Tashkent
joe87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote