New Haven.. Withdrawn from singles and missed doubles cut but playing again in 2012! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #31
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Haven.. Withdrawn from singles and missed doubles cut but playing again in 20

Playing third on grandstand court tomorrow!!!! I hope to see people in the livescore thread.

GOOD LUCK ÁGI .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #32
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Haven.. Withdrawn from singles and missed doubles cut but playing again in 20

Also, Ági and KDK will play Lindsay Lee-Waters and Megan Moulton-Levy in the first round. This is an experienced, but certainly beatable team, so good luck there too !
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #33
country flag iGOAT

́Ágnes and Carla have played once before, in the third round of Indian Wells in 2010. Carla won in three sets, 6-4, 3-6, 6-1. Not so encouraging .
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #34
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if these are old news but just learnt Agi is teaming up with Czink in USO doubles
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Agi lost 6 and 4. Not too bad, considering it takes some time to came back from a layoff. Hopefully she starts winning soon. Maybe if she can do ok in the doubles with Kimiko that will help speed up the comeback process by getting more matches under her belt.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #36
country flag iGOAT

Yeah a two-set loss but still pretty good overall I would say. Carla is in pretty good form and Ági pushed her far. Going into the tiebreak Ágnes had one a few more points but of course fell apart there. The second set was a classic Ágnes case of failed conversions on her break points while allowing Carla to take all her chances . Nevertheless, definitely a better scoreline than the Olympics so I'm pretty happy with it although a loss is never a good thing .
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #37
country flag iGOAT

Doubles second on Grandstand Court tomorrow . Good luck! This could be a good way to get some matches under her belt and pick up confidence and match toughness if they can do well. Hopefully they will!!
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM   #38
country flag iGOAT

How come no one cares about doubles ? Or in general considering the response volume of this thread .

Anyhow, the doubles score is BAD. Ági and Kimi are both good doubles players and I don't mean to take anything away from LLW and MML but they aren't usually winning matches at the premier level. A loss wouldn't have even been the end of the world but the scoreline was disastrous and following the match I could see that Ágnes in particular got broken most of the time . Hopefully she and Mindy will click better at the Open .

Speaking of the Open, can someone make a thread please? The draw comes out tomorrow!!