New Haven.. Withdrawn from singles and missed doubles cut but playing again in 2012! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #1
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
New Haven.. Withdrawn from singles and missed doubles cut but playing again in 2012!

Ági didn't play singles because Petrova stole her wildcard. Again. She did it before in 2008 Sydney Ági is still playing doubles though, with Schnyder.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #2
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Haven... Withdrawn from singles, but playing doubles so cheer for her anyways

They better do better than Budapest . And there is a chance I will see her then I can take pictures and give reports. Only if she makes the semifinals though, so extra motivation to cheer for her !!!
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #3
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of
Re: New Haven... Withdrawn from singles, but playing doubles so cheer for her anyways

You watched them play in Budapest and still believe they can make the semis here? Ok, nothing is impossible in the WTA, so I'm trying to be optimistic
But a for both the organizers and Agi, she isn't 100 percent healthy, but she could try the qualies.
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 07:21 AM   #4
country flag iGOAT

What is her official withdrawal reason ?

But no, I didn't see her play Budapest, so maybe Kustova/Tsurenko played really well plus the WTA is totally random, so I totally believe. Ági and Schnyder are both good doubles players, they just had a bad result, but presumably they can play better here . But I find it strange Patty isn't in for singles either starting to wonder if they are definitely playing?
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 07:22 AM   #5
country flag iGOAT

The tournament is still on her website though, so that implies she is still in.

Doubles draw out tomorrow so that will tell us for sure .
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM   #6
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

In a short interview, she said, she wants top be fit for the US Open, that's why didn't risk the qualy.
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 04:58 PM   #7
country flag iGOAT

Well that makes sense I guess, but I mean it's her fault her ranking is low enough she is in qualies and she needs to improve this situation by gaining points needed . Her schedule the past few years has not been very good, but this summer has been absolutely appalling how little the has played.
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 05:18 AM   #8
country flag iGOAT

Re: New Haven.. Withdrawn from singles, and missed doubles cut but cheer for her anyw

The doubles draw is out. Ági/Patty missed the cut. Pathetic. Hopefully this will show dumb Ágnes to put some effort into doubles .

Maybe they can get an alternate spot .
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 09:42 AM   #9
country flag Gregorio87

Re: New Haven.. Withdrawn from singles, and missed doubles cut but cheer for her anyw

What a bad joke
And Patty left the team, because they knew they didn't make the MD. So yesterday they tried to find another partner for Agi, maybe a younger American player, so they will get a WC
It means they can't be alts I think.
Agi's doubles ranking isn't so bad (60), so it was really unlucky this time.
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 03:02 PM   #10
country flag iGOAT

Well the cut-off was 109 so she would've needed someone ranked higher than her. Sooo frustrating though. We could use this thread for next year's New Haven maybe . I'm still reallllllyyyyyy pissed off about this whole thing. Her schedule is a disssaaasssster.
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 02:44 PM   #11
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

sorry Nick

You really wanted to go?
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM   #12
country flag iGOAT

I'm still going Friday night, but I hoped I could see Ági I'll see her for sure at the US Open though, I'm going first two days, so she has to play one of them .
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 03:20 PM   #13
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously,this last year edition has been a mess for Agi.So unfortunate

But if I could choose and see her,I would pick NY over NH
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #14
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Agi
But she doesn't have to improve her ranking for qualies reasons because the entry list for this came out before she won Prague

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #15
country flag iGOAT

Yeah I know, but her ranking could still improve, otherwise she could be in qualies for events like Sydney and Paris next year. I guess she should get it up though, she has one win for the rest of the year and I expect her to win at least 1-2 rounds in all of her upcoming tournaments . Hopefully better than that too . Still, I'm very frustrated with how badly-planned her summer schedule was .