WTA is BORING without Maria Sharapova! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:17 PM   #1
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future
Unhappy WTA is BORING without Maria Sharapova!

Women's tennis is been quite boring for a while without Maria Sharapova except she played Indian Wells and Japan Open. Both WTA tournaments were very very excited for me because she was there playing. I am impatiently waiting for Maria to play again in the WTA Tour cuz she is the youngest, highest ranked player in the WTA Tour ranking. Damn AER!

Here is a list of players that I want to see the most that Maria Sharapova playing against.

Popular and exciting old guns that I want Maria to win against before they retire:

*GRAF, STEFFI (too bad )
*CAPRIATI, JENNIFER (Will Mark Newman have catfights with me?)
*DAVENPORT, LINDSAY
*RUBIN, CHANDA
*SMASHNOVA, ANNA
*SELES, MONICA (Don't retire until you win the 10th slam, Monica! Win next time, Maria!)
*COETZER, AMANDA
*PANOVA, TATIANA
*SUGIYAMA, AI
*MAJOLI, IVA
*SCHETT, BARBARA
*LIKHOVTSEVA, ELENA
*SANCHEZ-VICARIO, ARANTXA
*MARTINEZ, CONCHITA
*PIERCE, MARY

Most popular guns (1996-98) produced great generation since Graf and Seles' time (best time of my life):

*(WILLIAMS, SERENA (Not yet! She's too strong right now)
*WILLIAMS, VENUS (same body figure, so why not!)
*HINGIS, MARTINA (I can't wait, cuz she mentioned Maria Sharapova the next young gun to watch out!)
*KOURNIKOVA, ANNA (Maria's first WTA title in the final against AnnaK in the first meeting (still no title!), hee hee!)

Most expanding and entertaining guns after 1998 for Maria's challenges with:

*MAURESMO, AMELIE
*CLIJSTERS, KIM
*DOKIC, JELENA (Please beat her every time you meet her, Maria! )
*HENIN, JUSTINE
*HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA (I can't wait for this!!! cuz' she's the second most babe in the WTA Tour)
*MYSKINA, ANASTASIA (interesting!)
*DEMENTIEVA, ELENA (Maria's second WTA title in the final against Elena (still no title) !)
*BOVINA, ELENA (Oh yes!!!)
*BEDANOVA, DAJA
*KRASNOROUTSKAYA, LINA
*LUCIC, MIRJANA (interesting!)

Most exciting new young guns that I want to see Maria Sharapova playing against in the WTA (in Maria's age group):

*KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA
*ZVONAREVA, VERA (very curious!!)
*CASANOVA, MYRIAM (I love the challenge!)
*SAFINA, DINARA (I can't wait!)
*WIDJAJA, ANGELIQUE
*BARTOLI, MARION (Whoa!)
*HARKLEROAD, ASHLEY (please beat her all the time! )
*DULKO, GISELA
*HSIEH, SU-WEI (C'mon, Maria!)
*STRYCOVA, BARBORA (Whoo Hoo!)
*KANEPI, KAIA
*BASTRIKOVA, ANNA (the most babe face in the WTA Tour)
*KIRILENKO, MARIA (I can't wait since I love both very much! I want to see them produce great matches in many finals! They make a great popula pair like Hingis/Kournikova!)
*GOLOVIN, TATIANA
*DOUCHEVINA, VERA (I love the challenge!)

Last edited by Sharky : Oct 15th, 2002 at 11:25 PM.
~SunFlower~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:32 PM   #2
Freefall

Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice
Down SHARKY!!

Yes, Maria is very pretty & Talented but she's ONLY 15!

You'll have plenty of time to watch her once she's 17 & up. As long as she still wants to play tennis of course.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA = #1

Good luck Nathalie Dechy & Dinara Safina too!
Freefall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:39 PM   #3
country flag Pamela Shriver

Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute
Tour is more boring without me I should think
~I Loves My George but not that skanky Lazenby granddad~This game has gone to DOOSE~~I won the Olympic Gold~~The BEST commentator~~My vowels rulez the air~~ Ping-Pong Pam~~Style Guru: The Pamfro, Voted Hairstyle of the Yr 1983~~Click here to see my fantastic web site created by my adoring 'fan'
Pamela Shriver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:42 PM   #4
Freefall

Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice Freefall is just really nice
Since we get to listen to you on TV all the time now, that makes up for you not playing.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA = #1

Good luck Nathalie Dechy & Dinara Safina too!
Freefall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:47 PM   #5
country flag Pamela Shriver

Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh good point, but the tour still misses a great legend like moi. Good job I'm such a great Pammentator!
~I Loves My George but not that skanky Lazenby granddad~This game has gone to DOOSE~~I won the Olympic Gold~~The BEST commentator~~My vowels rulez the air~~ Ping-Pong Pam~~Style Guru: The Pamfro, Voted Hairstyle of the Yr 1983~~Click here to see my fantastic web site created by my adoring 'fan'
Pamela Shriver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:51 PM   #6
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
I like Sharky's enthusiasm for her young fave! Fifteen-year-olds are the best faves to have. Disappointment is impossible, as the player's limitations are still unknown. The future is full of endless possibliity! The sense of anticipation is terrific, and the enjoyment when they do get to play now and then is immense.

Sharky, I hope the unfolding of the next few years goes according to your preferred script! I don't think Maria will disappoint you.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 03:58 AM   #7
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
And yet, somehow we all survive.
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:08 AM   #8
country flag lin

lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice
*HSIEH, SU-WEI (C'mon, Maria!)

Although Maria got revenged from Su-Wei this April in Japan,she still did beat Su-Wei earlier at Aussie Open this year
lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:03 AM   #9
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
Maria could play Mirjana Lucic in next week's Frisco challenger as both are committed to it!!!

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:12 AM   #10
country flag salima

salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future salima has a brilliant future
for Sharkys enthusiasm. Refreshing contrast to those I don´t like, hate, blablabla
salima is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:54 AM   #11
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Sharky you missed someone out from that list that Maria would love to take down a peg or three............ Myriam Casanova

I'm afraid that any possible future encounter with Lina may never take place with Lina's horrendous bad luck with injuries

And I'd love to see Vera Douchevina take on Masha again
on clay it would be even more interesting one could say
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2002, 03:42 AM   #12
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
So Sharky, you have it all planned out for Maria Sharapova. It nice to read about the possible rivalries for Maria in the future. But first things first. Let's hope she atleast plays more than 2 WTA tournaments next year!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2002, 03:45 AM   #13
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
She is also on the qualie committment list for Pittsburgh 50K...

SERENA. MUGU. VIKA. PETKO. CARO. TIMEA. SVETA. HEATHER. KAIA. TAMIRA. FLAVIA. GEORGI. COCO. LUCIE, SLOANE. PENG. SORANA. ALICIA. JAEDA. CICI. FRANCOISE.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. SHENAY. DINARA. GISELA. SPREM.
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2002, 04:09 AM   #14
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future
My dear Cat, you will be when Maria plays more that 5 WTA tournaments in 2003. Right? I am expecting at least 5.

Who knows what will happen if she qualifies for the qualifying Aus Open 2003 and advance all the way to 4th round like Kournikova did at US Open 96. But that was different. Power games rule at this moment. The competition is very tough right now compared to that time.

I love her quotes:

"I'm trying to play the way I will play against the Williams sisters," Sharapova said. "That's what I need to get ready for, not these tournaments."

"The goal is to be No. 1 in the world. I am patient but I also want to play slams now," she said. "And if you are playing slams and you want to be No. 1, then you have to be able to beat the Williams sisters, Serena and Venus. They are the best right now."
Old Oct 20th, 2002, 04:13 AM   #15
country flag ~SunFlower~

When it comes to Sharapova playing against LinaK and VeraD, probably Eggy and I will hate each other and have real catfights in the future.