Ana Ivanovic official "DIE HARD" thread - (2010 USO and US Open Series) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #1
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Ana Ivanovic official "DIE HARD" thread - (2010 USO and US Open Series)

Whatever happen with Ana this summer (in terms of results) one thing is for sure - after careers newest lowest point after 2010 RG-Wimby disaster, she still not gave-up and trying to fight-back. Credit to her

USO Series hardcourts is traditionally Ana's worst surface (despite she is 2006 overall winner) so our expectations should not be too high even if she rapidly back some of her former shots and skills these days

In Stanford Ana has one good win vs Kleybanova and one expected lose vs Stanford-GOAT Bartoli.
In San Diego she disappointed once again (vs Peer) like so many times this season.
At big one ($2M) Cincinnati, Ana starts with shocking win against in-form Azarenka and probably best match this season if we not count several back-to-back straight set wins at Rome. NEXT OPPONENT: Yaroslava Shvedova.

BTW if someone want to cry too much about Ana bad destiny or complain about everything about her... there is much better threads for that than this

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #2
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic official "DIE HARD" thread - (2010 USO and US Open Series)

Ana Ivanovic 2010 US Open Series in numbers (so far):

Stanford (700K):
1st Round: Ana Ivanovic beat Alisa Kleybanova 6-3 6-2
2nd Round: Marion Bartoli beat Ana Ivanovic 6-3 6-4

San Diego (700K):
1st Round: Shahar Peer beat Ana Ivanovic 7-6 6-3

Cincinnati (2M):
1st Round: Ana Ivanovic beat Victoria Azarenka 2-6 7-6 6-2
2nd Round: Ana Ivanovic beat Yaroslava Shvedova 6-1 7-5
3rd Round: Ana Ivanovic beat Elena Vesnina 6-0 6-3
Quarterfinal: Ana Ivanovic beat Akgul Amanmuradova 6-1 6-3
Semifinal: Kim Clijsters beat Ana Ivanovic 2-1 ret.

Montreal (2M):
Qualies: Ana Ivanovic beat Eugene Lapierre 1-6 7-5 4-0 ret.
Main Draw: w/o

NEXT TO WATCH:
New Haven (maybe will be forced to withdraw due injury)
US Open (GS)

If latest injury not forced her to withdraw from USO, this summer is already not bad at all, especially how badly she played after Rome.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #3
country flag Mountain Ana

Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all Mountain Ana is a name known to all

Quote:
Montreal (2M):
Qualies: Ana Ivanovic beat Eugene Lapierre 1-6 7-5 4-0 ret.
Main Draw: w/o
Mountain Ana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Deck

Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future

I hope her injury is gone, good luck Ana
Deck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #5
country flag Cp6uja

Whatever will happen in her 4R match against defending champion and USO-2010 bold favorite Kim Clijsters (unbeaten in New York since USO 2003 final) we are very close to say already now that Ana Ivanovic is back! For former WTA#1 and slam champion should not to be big deal to reach GS R4 even if she is in deep crisis whole season and playing at by far less favorite surface from her past, so my statement about Ana comeback is based on signs from her rebirthing game, because I see exactly what I hope to see for long time ago:

- Hyper-aggressive style is back.
- Famous forehand from past is back! She finally use FH again to finish points, instead to construct.
- She back power in her serve (so who care about ball toss now?)
- She enjoy on court again and want to compete
- Her fitness and movement remind on best days
- Net game is better than ever and start to use more effectively slice backhand
- Confidence is also back (after she feeling once again that she is able to control most of points in match)

Only way for WTA tall power hitter to be on TOP of womens game is maximum aggression type of game and we learn that from Davenport, Venus, Sharapova and Young-Ana experience. When two years ago Ana forced to not follow that winning formula anymore due injury and injury-caution reasons (and also thanks to some wrong strategic decisions) she become shadow of former WTA superstar. But now old style is back, and much better indicator about her game style than scoreboard is when we compare number of winners with her opponents stats. Playing at US Open 2010 against three solid WTA players (Makarova, Zheng and Razzano) Ana's overall W/L ratio is 71-44 (her opponents has 24-54) which means she dominate and overpower her opponents almost triple according to stats (71-24) which is clean proof how her game style once again became totally aggressive!

Welcome back Ana

Old Nov 29th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #6
country flag kimgurl

kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all

haloooo..ive been ana's fan gurl since i saw her epic win in french open 2008..that was superb..and ive been following her since then..actually im also maria sharapova avid fan girl..lol..ive been almost hanging in her thread since the time a signed up there, and so lame that i have just found ana's thread..maybe becoz im not really fond of posting/surfing that much...so...lol..just drop here to say i love ana, she's pretty and her passion in playing tennis is really great..she slump a lil bit in her career after RG(had injuries before beijing olympics)but i still like her..she made a nice comeback later this year and im really happy..hope she'll be back at the top of her game soon..she and maria!!!!vamos ana...

so i declared myself ana ivanovic die hard fan!!!!lol..
kimgurl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #7
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome,
And I suggest you repost this in our Ana's Little Posse: Introduction Thread!
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 03:39 AM   #8
country flag kimgurl

kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all kimgurl is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni1212 View Post
Welcome,
And I suggest you repost this in our Ana's Little Posse: Introduction Thread!
i well..tnx doni
kimgurl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote