Whatever will happen in her 4R match against defending champion and USO-2010 bold favorite Kim Clijsters (unbeaten in New York since USO 2003 final) we are very close to say already now that Ana Ivanovic is back
! For former WTA#1 and slam champion should not to be big deal to reach GS R4 even if she is in deep crisis whole season and playing at by far less favorite surface from her past, so my statement about Ana comeback is based on signs from her rebirthing game, because I see exactly what I hope to see for long time ago:
- Hyper-aggressive style is back.
- Famous forehand from past is back! She finally use FH again to finish
points, instead to construct
- She back power in her serve (so who care about ball toss now?)
- She enjoy on court again and want to compete
- Her fitness and movement remind on best days
- Net game is better than ever and start to use more effectively slice backhand
- Confidence is also back (after she feeling once again that she is able to control most of points in match)
Only way for WTA tall power hitter to be on TOP of womens game is maximum aggression type of game and we learn that from Davenport, Venus, Sharapova and Young-Ana experience. When two years ago Ana forced to not follow that winning formula anymore due injury and injury-caution reasons (and also thanks to some wrong strategic decisions) she become shadow of former WTA superstar. But now old style is back, and much better indicator about her game style than scoreboard is when we compare number of winners with her opponents stats. Playing at US Open 2010 against three solid WTA players (Makarova, Zheng and Razzano) Ana's overall W/L ratio is 71-44 (her opponents has 24-54) which means she dominate and overpower her opponents almost triple according to stats (71-24) which is clean proof how her game style once again became totally aggressive!
Welcome back Ana