Your biggest comeback in a tennis match??? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #76
country flag Racket Stringer

Racket Stringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Your biggest comeback in a tennis match???

I was 3-6 1-5 15-40 down…saved 2 match points and went on to win!
Racket Stringer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #77
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Some great stories
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #78
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

3-6 0-5 0-40 :d

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #79
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

I've saved match-points quite a few times, especially in the last year or so. Most of the time it comes when down a set and the second-set gets quite tight and the opponent obviously gets the chance to close out the match. However I would say my greatest ever comeback would be a 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 win I had in the summer last year on grass in the local box league. The surface wasn't offering much of a bounce and the ball was coming through the court so quickly that day. It will come as no surprise that there were no breaks, and I would estimate nearly an ace per service game for both my opponent and I.

The comeback part of it was in the final set tie-breaker where I was 6-1* down and he had five match points with two to come on his serve. I had to work very hard to save the first couple of match points on my own serve. Two second-serves that weren't especially good, but I managed to get into the rallies early and come through the court with powerful forehands and force an error from him in the first match point and put away a straight-forward chance at the net in the second match point. At this moment, I was playing without pressure because I knew my opponent would likely bang down an unreturnable serve in one of the next two points, so I thought my chances were limited. At *6-3, he only rolled in the first serve, which surprised me, but I was able to hit a commanding slice back and get into the net to execute a good enough stop volley from the response. He double-faulted in the next point, so it was back on serve in the breaker. I was pumped and hit two excellent first serves to force a match point of my own. One was an ace out-wide and the other yielded an easy fore-court backhand put away. Poor fella double-faulted again to give me the match, but I had to play some great points to get back in it, but also get a lot if luck with him double-faulting twice at the death.

It's a sequence of points I remember really vividly and pretty sure I always will.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #80
country flag Serena = GOAT

Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all

I think my best one was saving seven match points as a kid, but that wasn't really a comeback, just a really tight match. And for some reason I'm better at remembering my own chokes than those of my opponents!

This season I started a match going down 0-6 0-3 15-40 because I was seriously hung over and ended up winning 0-6 6-3 6-2
Serena = GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:24 AM   #81
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

In a final a month ago, I started out a bit passive and lost the first set against a guy in singles who was hitting lines and getting netcords in his favor. First set 3-6. Then I finally got a break point at 1-1 in the second and after that I started getting pumped and nailing winners left and right. Won the set 6-1. In the third, he took a long break and got a new can of balls (which is not a rule for the tournament, he did it because fresher balls benefit him). I lost my flow and came out flat again making silly errors. Went down 0-3 before firing back to finally win the title 6-4 in the third Not a big comeback, but it was tough considering it was a final, I wanted to win, and was annoyed that I was practically let it slip away at 0-3 in the third. But it was a great fight.

In Mixed, me and my partner were down 6-7 2-5 and then we started to play back and I practically played singles. We won 6-7 7-5 [10-5] They were clueless how to react to me doing that.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:26 PM   #82
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

In a doubles match, I was paired with a 13 year old boy and I've never played with him before 3 of us on the court were over 25 We were down 0-5 but we somehow fought back to win the set That was so hilarious.

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #83
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

I think I had a comeback a couple of weeks ago, down 6-? (forgot the first set score) *5-2 and to win the match 1-6 7-5 6-2 after going down 0-2 in the third set as well

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #84
country flag nilson1975

nilson1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

'm referring to a comeback within a game or match...not a player coming back after an injury, etc.
nilson1975 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #85
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute

Winning 2-6 6-2 6-1 after being 2-6 1-2 15-40 behind
Rik. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #86
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all are so mentally tough here

You should teach some WTA players
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #87
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm only playing since 2 years so not a lot of comebacks here.

But yesterday, been down 0-2 30-40 and won 6-2 6-0
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #19 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #27 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #62 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg
joe87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #88
country flag Felipe Abe

Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all

Playing a set of 9 games.
The guy openned 8-2 and his service.
I managed to win at TB
Felipe Abe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #89
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 *5-1 40-15 down...1-6 7-5 6-2

And i've saved 8 match points to win before
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote