Your biggest comeback in a tennis match??? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #61
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of
Re: Your biggest comeback in a tennis match???

Losing 5-2 first set, came back to win that one, down 5-1 in second set, came back to win that and was down 5-3 again in the third set and I won the tiebreaker and he had the lead by four points 0-4 at the start and I managed to win it 8-6..
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 8th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #62
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

Not too long ago about a month, I was having a friendly match with my former doubles partner. I managed to take the first set 6-1 and was 4-1 up in the second with a double break. Then, my game deserted me. Granted his game improved but I just couldn't find the court . Generally my games were two double faults and two unforced errors. The set slipped away 6-4. And the final set followed similarly. I think in the final set I won 3 points.
Final result 1-6 6-4 6-0. So it wasn't my comeback but my opponents. Losing 11 games in a row.
Confidence shattered!

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #63
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I was down 7-6, *4-0 and he missed a sitter of a forehand at 30-0. I came back and won 6-7, 7-6, 6-2. I may or may not have taken like six match points to finally win

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #64
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute

I was once down 2-6 in the 3rd set TB and won 8-6 including a point with 3 overhead that I chased down!

The guy was pissed of at the end.

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #65
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

06 25 down -> wins 06 75 64
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #66
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the scores of the first 2 sets at this stage but was *5-3 40-15 down in the third, saved the 2 match points, another at deuce, broke for 5-4*. Promptly went 0-40 down, saved the 3 match points, held for 5-5, he held, then had another 2 match points at 15-40 on my serve in the next game, held, and won the tiebreak and match by like 12-10 after saving another 3 match points in the breaker It was crazy.
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #67
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

In Doubles, was down 0-6 3-5, won 0-6 7-5 6-2.

And then the other day, we were down 5-7 1-2 (a break), then came back for 5-7 6-2 4-0, then it got to 4-4 before we closed it out 5-7 6-2 6-4.

In Singles a month or so ago, I was down 9-6 or 9-7 in the STB, and won 11-9

Last edited by Uranium : Aug 9th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #68
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
In Doubles, was down 0-6 3-5, won 0-6 7-5 6-2.

And then the other day, we were down 5-7 1-2 (a break), then came back for 5-7 6-2 4-0, then it got to 4-4 before we closed it out 5-7 6-2 6-4.

In Singles a month or so ago, I was down 9-6 or 9-7 in the STB, and won 11-9
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #69
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

A few weeks ago I was down 4-6 1-3, then came back and won the match 4-6 7-5 6-3

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #70
country flag tammywilson52

tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice tammywilson52 is just really nice

Few weeks ago I was down 5-7 1-2, then came back for 5-7 6-2 4-0.
tammywilson52 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #71
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

I was down 2-6 0-4* to one of my good friends who played number 1 singles that year (I was number two). I had always played ahead of him on the team but played a terrible preseason match against him and he vaulted ahead of me. When I got down that bad in the second set I remember just being so angry that I was just going to swing away. I broke my friend hitting multiple winners that game which I don't think he was expecting. I just kept going for it and won six straight games. Ended up taking the match 10-something in a match tiebreaker.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #72
country flag ScrubLove

ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold ScrubLove is a splendid one to behold

I was down 4-6, 0-5 deuce in the last singles match of my high school career before coming back and winning 4-6, 7-6(3), 6-0. I played doubles in the post-season so it was a nice, dramatic way to go out on top.
ScrubLove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #73
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Down 2-6 0-4, won 2-6 6-4 6-2.

I rolled my ankle at 0-4 too It was a messss.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #74
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't people choke against me??

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #75
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future

My last 4 league matches, I've lost the 1st set but won the match in 3. For the first 3 of those matches, I knew I would win the match even though I lost the 1st set, because the guys didn't have great serves.

But today's match was different. My opponent was a 5.0 player with a monster first and second serve. His placement was immaculate and his serve was 'heavy' on my racquet. He was putting spin on it but still getting it to move through the court and hitting the corners.

I only broke his service game ONCE in the entire match. And that's how I won.

I'm a slow starter so my serve game was woeful in the first set and he won it 6-3. His forehand is also very good. Very aggressive topspin he puts on it so it really jumps forward after the bounce. In the first set he was killing any ball that was above waist level.

2nd set was awful because he was holding at love or 15, and my service games were constantly going to duece. I always managed to hold though. His breakpoint conversion rate in the 2nd set was awful lol.
So no breaks in the second set and we went to tiebreak. I got tentative and nervous and doublefaulted and found myself down 0-3 in the tiebreaker.
I switched to my 2nd racquet (still poly string) but at a higher tension, so I could be confident in hitting out. I made the mental adjustment to play the ball, to move to it, to take it early.
This resulted in some spectacular points in the tiebreaker. 1 overhead winner, 2 swinging volley winners, 1 lob winner and forced errors.
My opponent wasn't making as many first serves now, and got lucky with some really good returns off his second serve.
I didn't lose another point and won the tiebreaker 7-3.

3rd set started with my opponent serving. His focus dipped for a little bit and he gave up a df and some loose points and I broke him. My serve was in full flight at this point, and not to brag but when I'm timing it well with good weight transfer, I hit a big serve, flat or kick so I wasn't worried about my service game. This is a good thing because my opponent's serve game came right back and I couldn't make a dent in it for the rest of the set.
I held at 5-4 to win the match. Last point (at 40-0) was an unreturned flat serve out wide, right on the line.

Final Score 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-4.

I'm very proud of the comeback and win because he is the toughest opponent I have faced this year so far.
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote