Your biggest comeback in a tennis match??? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 01:35 AM   #46
country flag Tennis_News

Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light Tennis_News is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Your biggest comeback in a tennis match???

I was down in the first set 1-4, got the score back to 4-4, then it started pouring and the match was postponed until the next day. We came back and I lost the opener 6-4. Then my opponent goes up a quick 4-0 lead in the second and then a 5-1. After this, I realized I had nothing to lose, so I let it rip and took the second set 7-6 in a tense tiebreak. I then took the third in a 10-point tiebreak. Great match!! I saved 6 match points.
Tennis_News is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #47
country flag GAGAlady

GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_News View Post
I was down in the first set 1-4, got the score back to 4-4, then it started pouring and the match was postponed until the next day. We came back and I lost the opener 6-4. Then my opponent goes up a quick 4-0 lead in the second and then a 5-1. After this, I realized I had nothing to lose, so I let it rip and took the second set 7-6 in a tense tiebreak. I then took the third in a 10-point tiebreak. Great match!! I saved 6 match points.
I was playing a guy who is fast and redirects every ball back a real grinder probably a strong 4.5 level guy but I knew I could hit threw him so I built a strong lead going on and taking the set 6-2 in 40 minutes ... The second set I started to get sloppy I made a triple double by barely sailing my serve long ( I was hitting quite flat with no spin) which is normally a very affective serve for me... I got pissed and let him into it and he ran away with the second 6-3... at this point I'm like " how did I let this pushover into this?" I realized I needed to take my time hit varied serves hit a few slices out wide to the ad side And got some short balls which I put away with easy still he managed to grind his way with help from my own sloppy footwork to 6-5 with 2 matchpoints' first matchpoint I whipped a cross- court return bomb followed by charging the net and hitting a swinging volley nicking the outside of the sideline on the ad side. Second point he hit a weK second serve which I easily dealt with a bdtl winner. I followed it up with a strong final set tie break and beat him 7-0 he never beat me again

Head Bitch of the JANKOBITCH ASSOCIATION of players.
GAGAlady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #48
country flag Philbo

Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute

My best come from behind win was in a league match against someone who usually beats me, came out on fire and won the first set 6-0, then the usual pattern came back and lost the 2nd 3-6, then got down 2-5 in the 3rd. My opponent had 6 match points in total at 5-3 and 5-4 up, and I took the match on my first match point, 7-5 in the 3rd.. he was a bit shocked and speechless afterward...RESULT!
Of even more significance, there's this little gap in Graf's resume the size of the hole in the ozone layer: It's called Monica Seles. Was Graf the best female player of all time? She wasn't even the best in the heart of her career.
- Frank Deford, Sports Illustrated 27/8/01
Philbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #49
country flag mark12071

mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice mark12071 is just really nice

For me it was during an indoor tournament. I was down 0-6; 0-4 and my opponent hit a great passing shot to get to 0-40. I made my opponent a compliment about his amazing level of play - and meant it! - and then suddenly something happened. He made one error after the other, I won the game, got back to 4-4 and proceeded to win the set and the match.

You see, it doesn't hurt to show your opponent some respect every once and a while ...
mark12071 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 11:39 PM   #50
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

ITF (Clay event - about 5 years ago):

2-6, 0-5* (0-40) to 2/6 7/5 6/0 - saving 3 match points with 3 backhand winners. I still remember it because 2 of the winners called out and the umpire checked and they were in. All on a SF match
Make them yours only from 30 E.
SPY+, POLICE, RAY BAN, OAKLEY, AERO, R2
always authentic. always sunnies. always yours!

Richie's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 05:13 AM   #51
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute

I was down 4-6 1-5 once. I saved, shockingly, only 1 match point in my stirring 4-6 7-5 6-4 victory
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #52
country flag Orbis

Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future

Once I was playing someone and trying to be aggressive as usual but kept getting outrallied and I would always hit a shot into the net. I was losing 6-0 2-0 then I was like screw it and decided to just counterpunch (read: push) and hit slices, drop shots, moonballs, etc. which really threw my opponent off and I ended up winning 0-6 6-3 7-5 I guess changing up your tactics can really work after all. Though it felt weird to not play my usual game I guess sometimes you just have to adjust when nothing else is working.
Orbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #53
country flag Carotastrophe

Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future

Umm.. well once i was down 4-6, 2-5 and eventually won 4-6, 7-6, 6-3. That was in a league match..
M. Sharapova-D. Gavrilova-S. Stosur-Sun-Ling-Kai Chen
Carotastrophe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #54
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

State tournament. 1-6 3-5 double match point...... won 1-6, 7-5, 7-5

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #55
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

3-6,0-3 down I eventually won 3-6,6-4,6-4 even though i was playing against a pusher on clay and my dad was writing evry winner and error i made.After the match i saw the so called statistics...Turns out i won even though i made 26 winners and 38 errors...
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #56
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

In a competitive, tournament match? Was down 6-0 3-0. And won 0-6 6-4 6-3.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #57
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

In a college doubles match, my team was down 67 35 and we won 67 75 63. I know it's not really a huge comeback just looking at the score, but our opponents were winning all of their games to love and we were barely eking out games after like 5 deuces. I guess it was less of a big comeback and more of a "how the hell did we win this match?" It certainly felt like the biggest comeback I've ever made because we were being totally outplayed.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #58
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future

In a league championship match my partner and I lost the first set badly (6-1) and roared back to win 6-1 6-2 in the second and the third.

In terms of coming back from a big deficit in a match? said partner and I came back from down a set and 5-2 numerous times. In the state tournament we were down 6-0 5-0 before winning 0-6 7-5 6-0. They never had a match point.

The one match we should have come back in? we were down 6-1 3-0 before winning the second 7-6 and taking a 3-0 lead in the third before losing in a tight 3rd set breaker.(this match was against the eventual state doubles champions)
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 10:29 PM   #59
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

0-6 2-5. Saved 12 match points. He broke the net at the end.
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #60
country flag rafanadal2012

rafanadal2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

My biggest comeback was much closer than the score had indicated. In the match, i lost the first set 6-0, and i was down 3-0 in the second with my opponent serving at duece before a rain delay. Although i had lost all nine games i new that i still had a chance because 7 of those nine games went to duece and had several break and game point chances.after the two hour rain delay, i managed to get back in the second set at 2-3 before my opponent stretched the lead again at 5-2. I won the next three games and ended up taking the set 10-8 in the tiebreak after saving match points at 4-6, 5-6, and 7-8, before winning the last three points to take the set. In the super tiebreak we again stretched beyond the given ending when i served at 14-14, both of us already having saved a couple match points, and on that point i hit my only ace of the entire 3 hr 45 minute match to set up my fourth match point on which my opponent missed a passing shot in the net. Despite my comeback efforts, i was beaten in the very next round 6-1, 6-4 in a much less contested match.
rafanadal2012 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote