Your biggest comeback in a tennis match??? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #1
country flag markhingis

markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of
Your biggest comeback in a tennis match???

Yesterday I won a tight match, but I was on the verge of defeat. It was such a topsy-turvy match.
I the first set my opponent led 3-0, then I won 6 games in a row to win that set. In the second set, it was me who led 5-2 before losing that set in the tie-breaker...
In the decider I was down 2-5 and 30-40 but managed to save a match point and that gave me such a confidence boost that I won 5 next games and the whole match! The craziest one in my amateur tennis career

How did your best escape from defeat look like?

Aga Radwańska * MARTA DOMACHOWSKA * Ula Radwańska
Martina Hingis - U R always on my mind
markhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #2
country flag AnomyBC

AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute AnomyBC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your biggest comeback in a tennis match???

I've actually never won a tennis match

THE TOP 75 HOTTEST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE LAST 10 YEARS

The biggest, most over-researched and most overly drawn-out hot female tennis player thread of all time!!!

THE TOP 50 WORST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE LAST 12 YEARS

Meet the players that make Brie Whitehead look like Steffi Graf!!!
AnomyBC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #3
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest was when I was down *1-3 0-40 in the first set, held that game and broke back at 3-4*, saved 2 BPs at 4-4, and 1 more at 5-5, then saved 4 SPs in the tiebreak at *4-6, 5-6*, *6-7, and 7-8* before winning it on my first SP for 10-8...then I ended up winning 7-6 6-2. Was a really fun match

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #4
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

I was down 2-6 1-4 .... and then he twisted his ankle during one of the very few rallies in the match. Best moment of my life
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #5
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of

This thread doesnt belong here so plz can it be moved where it belongs...

..Karolina Sprem...
Ana Konjuh
..Ajla Tomljanovic...
...Petra Kvitova...
...Sesil Karatantcheva...
Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #6
country flag s_j

s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute

I was 3-6 3-5 (0-40) down on my opponent's serve (he was serving for the match with 3 matchpoints) but I saved those (somehow!), broke back and took it to the tiebreak in which I won 7-5. I immediately got broken on my serve in the final set to go 0-1 down and was always playing catch-up. After that one break, we both held serve every time, so ultimately he was serving for the match at 5-4. However, I broke him and took it to a final set tiebreak... I won that 7-3.

Final score:

3-6 7-6(5) 7-6(3)

The. Best. Feeling. Ever.
YEC Champion 2004 - London 2012 Olympics Silver Medalist
s_j is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #7
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
I was down 2-6 1-4 .... and then he twisted his ankle during one of the very few rallies in the match. Best moment of my life
That is so mean lol.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #8
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

I was double break 1-4 down in final set, came back to win 7-5! It was against venus_rulez hahaahha
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #9
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a lot TBH that's my specialty. But most have been in fun matches. The best in a tournament match was up 6-3 but down *5-2 then at *5-4 my opponent had set point but I won the game. Then he broke for *6-5 and had set point but I won that too. Then in the tiebreak I was down 5-1 and I won 7-5. He was crushed .

Another great one was 4-6, 6-1, 1-5 (0-30) for me, I won four points in a row there then saved a match point at 3-5 and won it 7-5. This was not an official match, but we had bet a large, large sum on who would win .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #10
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute

I was down 2-5 15-40*. I broke my friend 2 times and was 5-5. Next I won my service, my friend too. In tie-break my friend was 4-0. I won 6 points a row and I was 6-4 in tie-break. Final score in this set was 7-6(7) for me I was so excited!
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #11
country flag Dokic-Fan

Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future Dokic-Fan has a brilliant future

Yesterday I played a match against my friend. I was down 0-6 3-6 4-5. He served for the match and had 3 MPs. I saved them, won the set 7-6, the following set 6-1. In the 5th set he had another match point at 5-4 with me serving, before I won...

0-6 3-6 7-6 6-1 7-5.

Mona Barthel - Karolina Šprem
Daniela Hantuchová - Yaroslava Shvedova
Petra Cetkovská - Mirjana Lučić - Ivana Lisjak
Dokic-Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #12
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute

I was down 1-6, 1-4 (0-40) against a player who I had taught the basics of the game. This was my first time on a tennis court in 2 months while he had been training regularly. He sliced his backhand and his serve and forehand had improved tremendously - my game was falling apart. At that point, I decided to start rushing into net on every point, approaching his backhand with the occassional cold winner hit to the forehand to keep him honest.

I saved 7 matchpoints and won 1-6, 7-6 (7-1), 6-2. After the match the guy goes, you didn't teach me everything about tennis. I asked what I'd left out and he goes strategy.
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #13
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

In singles: from 3-6 2*-5 15-40 down to 3-6 7-5 6-0 saving two MP
In doubles: from 1-6 1*-4 down to 1-6 7-6(2) 6-2 saving three MP

I have never choked a match away in singles, but many times in doubles.
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #14
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Before in a practice set against a guy I hate he was *6-5 40-0 up, saved the 3 match points, saved a 4th at deuce, won that game, 6-6. He went 6-3 up in the tiebreak, I got it to 6-6, then he went 7-6, 8-7, 9-8, and 10-9 up and I saved them all. I won 12-10. I was so happy.
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #15
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

0-4 and 3-5, saving one SP to win 7-5.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote