Islamist violence in Africa - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:53 PM   #1
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute
Islamist violence in Africa

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Islamist militants were holed up with hostages on Sunday at a shopping mall in Nairobi, where at least 59 people have been killed in an attack by the al Shabaab group that opposes Kenya's participation in a peacekeeping mission in neighboring Somalia.

Foreigners, including three Britons and two diplomats - one from Canada and another from Ghana - were killed in Saturday's attack at the upmarket mall, claimed by Somali group al Shabaab.

Shortly after the shots were fired, troops in camouflage ran crouching below a restaurant terrace along the front of the building that had been buzzing with customers when assailants charged in. One witness said they first told Muslims to leave.

For hours after the brazen attack, the dead were strewn around tables of unfinished meals. At one burger restaurant, a man and woman lay in a final embrace, before their bodies were removed. Pop music was left playing.

The assault was the biggest single attack in Kenya since al Qaeda's East Africa cell bombed the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi in 1998, killing more than 200 people. In 2002, the same militant cell attacked an Israeli-owned hotel on the coast and tried to shoot down an Israeli jet in a coordinated strike.

Interior Minister Joseph Ole Lenku told reporters the death toll had risen to 59, and that security forces were doing everything they could to rescue hostages still inside the mall.

He added that 175 people had been taken to hospital after an assault that could prove a costly setback for east Africa's biggest economy, which relies heavily on tourism revenues.

The dead in Saturday's assault included children, and the wounded ranged in age from 2 to 78. Many victims were at a cookery competition when assailants opened fire on them, witnesses said. More than 1,000 people were evacuated.

The focus of attention on Sunday was on the mall's branch of Nakumatt supermarket, one of Kenya's biggest chains.

Giving her name as Cecilia, she told Reuters by telephone later that she had seen three men who looked like they were of Arab extraction judging by their skin color.

Al Shabaab, which is battling Kenyan and other African peacekeepers in Somalia, had repeatedly threatened attacks in Kenya if Nairobi did not pull its troops out of their country.

The group appeared to taunt the security forces, saying on its official Twitter handle @HSM_Press that there would be no negotiations whatsoever with Kenyan officials over the standoff.

"10 hours have passed and the Mujahideen are still strong inside #Westgate Mall and still holding their ground. All praise is due to Allah!", the group said late on Saturday, although its account on Twitter was suspended on Sunday morning.

Al Shabaab's last big attack outside Somalia was a twin assault in nearby Uganda, targeting people watching the World Cup final on television in Kampala in 2010, killing 77 people.
----

Last edited by wild.river : Sep 30th, 2013 at 05:08 AM.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:33 PM   #2
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Islamist gunmen holed up with hostages in Kenya siege, 59 dead

Yet west continues on its course of attacking Shii Muslims, while turning blind eye on whatever Sunni do.
When Sunnis use chemical weapons, it's cool, but when we suspect shii in that, we give no benefit of the doubt. When sunnis develop nuclear weapons, its cool, but when Shii work with nuclear energy, we are zero toelrance.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM   #3
country flag RiskeFan

RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light RiskeFan is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think 99% of the West could tell the difference between the Sunnis and Shiites. I think it has something to do with the political positions taken, not their religion.
RiskeFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #4
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadman15241 View Post
I don't think 99% of the West could tell the difference between the Sunnis and Shiites. I think it has something to do with the political positions taken, not their religion.
More likely, something to do with our cordial friendship with some petrofaschist Sunni regimes, whom we never call that word..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #5
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

When does a shopping mall become a war zone? We've taken hatred, intolerance and the courage of conviction to an extreme!!!
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 07:00 PM   #6
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible 68 dead now
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #7
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Horrific feel bad for normal, peaceful islamists, they get a terrible rap because of these people
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 08:11 PM   #8
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

on another note, a suicide bomber self-exploded and killed about 100 people in a church in peshawar pakistan today morning when the sunday prayers were in full swing......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 08:54 PM   #9
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of

Die Welt: One of attacers is a Finn

Probably named Muhammed Ahmed or close to that. F* wannabe finns.
NoppaNoppa is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 09:01 PM   #10
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
on another note, a suicide bomber self-exploded and killed about 100 people in a church in peshawar pakistan today morning when the sunday prayers were in full swing......
Again?
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

NoppaNoppa is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:01 PM   #11
country flag M.S.F

M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
Yet west continues on its course of attacking Shii Muslims, while turning blind eye on whatever Sunni do.
When Sunnis use chemical weapons, it's cool, but when we suspect shii in that, we give no benefit of the doubt. When sunnis develop nuclear weapons, its cool, but when Shii work with nuclear energy, we are zero toelrance.
Al-Qaeda, Taliban and Saddam Hussein are Sunni and we all know what the west did to them. I don't think it's a matter of Sunni or Shia to the west. It's all about preventing the growth of extremism.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM   #12
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.S.F View Post
Al-Qaeda, Taliban and Saddam Hussein are Sunni and we all know what the west did to them. I don't think it's a matter of Sunni or Shia to the west. It's all about preventing the growth of extremism.
Exactly.
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:25 PM   #13
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute

68 ppl killed for nothing...

I always wonder when this appalling disregard for human life started?

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:30 PM   #14
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute

The Religion of Peace™ has reached Kenya!

Condolences to the victims. Nowhere in the world is safe from Islam.

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM   #15
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if all of you are aware or not but Nelson Mandela was also called a terrorist and met with the same type of disdain while fighting for the rights of his people while those christians were murdering, raping, torturing, enslaving black Africans. Christian countries not only supported these oppressors but used our technology to help apprehend Mandela and created instruments and means to torture not only black men and women but also their children. These acts of cruelty weren't done by Muslims but by Christians? A person's lack of compassion has nothing to do with a particular religion but what's in a persons heart. There are plenty of examples of what our Christian country is currently doing to innocent Muslims that many of us don't agree with but it's our government doing this not because of our religion.

Last edited by mykarma : Sep 23rd, 2013 at 02:40 PM.
mykarma is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote