Jul 31st, 2010, 11:32 PM
Vide cor meum
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 221b Baker Street
Fill-in-the-Draw #40| San Diego 2010| Final scores| Congratulations JujulCactus!!
Fill-in-the-Draw 2010 |#40|San Diego
2006:- Chris 84
2008:- no event
2009:- no event
Playing F-I-T-D is simple and only takes a few minutes per week. Here is what you need to know:
1) Just post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.
2) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments; simply post your picks in the thread!
3) You must post your full prediction must be posted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. Any draws posted after this time will not be counted.
4) Please post your picks in the form "A def. B", "A d. B" or "A over B", and not "A loses to B". Writing down the winner's name only is allowed, but it might make things confusing for us and you may lose points as a result, so please try to post as specified.
Please post players' full names, not nicknames.
5) Picks can be altered only if a seeded player withdraws after you have made your original prediction. Again, new draws will only be accepted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. You cannot alter your picks if the player who withdrew was not seeded.
6) When changing your picks, you must post in a new post, quoting the previous picks. NO EDITING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! (any edited post will not be counted, no exceptions!)
7) Please keep your picks as your own and DO NOT copy and paste other poster's picks. If you do this this will be taken as cheating and your picks will not be counted.
8) If the qualifiers are still unknown when posting your picks you may add them as "Q" or "QUALIFIER". It would be really helpful if you could give each qualifier a number (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4). This is essential if two qualifiers have to face each other as you will have to specify which qualifier you pick to win (e.g. Q1 def. Q2). If you do not do this, that particular pick will not be counted.
9)You will not get points if the player has a bye in first round.
10)Scoring is based on the WTA ranking points for each round of a pro tournament: for each player you predict correctly into the next round, you receive the points for reaching that round.
Example: International Quarterfinals
Kirilenko def. Petrova
Wozniacki def. Chakvetadze
Schnyder def. Peer
Zheng def. Dulko
The actual winners are Zheng, Kirilenko, Wozniacki and Peer.
You will get 130 (points for reaching semifinal) x 3 = 390 points.
11) Your ranking will come from the tournament that gives you the most points.
12) The ranking points will be awarded according to a chart: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=326409.
Only the 16 best tournaments will be counted. You can find the full rankings here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364687.
The Race to the Championships is available here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=365258
Feel free to ask questions!
Good luck and have fun!
"A cook? And a man who lives in a bear's finger!?"
Last edited by watchdogfish : Aug 9th, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Aug 1st, 2010, 01:46 AM
Join Date: May 2009
Re: Fill-in-the-Draw #40| San Diego 2010| Main Draw is out!
(1)Jelena Jankovic v BYE
Aravane Rezai df Alisa Kleybanova
Jie Zheng df q
(6)Marion Bartoli df Daniela Hantuchova
(4)Agnieszka Radwanska df Q
Alona Bondarenko df Dinara Safina
Nadia Petrova df Yaroslava Shvedova
(wc)Ana Ivanovic df (7)Shahar Peer
Svetlana Kuznetsova df (8)Yanina Wickmayer
Olga Govortsova df Sara Errani
Gisela Dulko df Q
(3)Vera Zvonareva df Dominika Cibulkova
(5)Flavia Pennetta df Kateryna Bondarenko
Maria Kirilenko df Q
Victoria Azarenka df Melanie Oudin
(2)Samantha Stosur v BYE
jankovic df rezai
bartoli df zheng
radwanska df a bondarenko
petrova df ivanovic
kuznetsova df govortsova
zvonareva df dulko
kirilenko df pennetta
azarenka df stosur
jankovic df bartoli
radwanska df petrova
zvonareva df kuznetsova
azarenka df kirilenko
jankovic df radwanska
zvonareva df azarenka
jankovic df zvonareva
: 24 -- Career High
: 21 -- Winner
: Monterrey '14, Palermo' 13, Sydney '11, Bastad '11 Final:
Rome '13, Barcelona '11, Dallas '11
Tennis Tipping Rank
: 39 -- Career High
: 35 -- Winner
: ITF Nules '13, WTA Bastad '12, ITF Versmold '12, ITF Clermont-Ferrand '11, ITF Petange '10
If you play Fantasy Manager PM you're Partner Code (Juventus,Boca Juniors,Anderlecht)
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off