Off Topic....Anything Goes - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 02:08 PM   #766
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
can't study at home. Console games, TVs, computers, DVDs and the fridge = too much distraction. At the med library if your phone so much as vibrates, all the psycho med, nursing and pharmacy students glare the living shit out of you. The only place in the world I can focus for a really long period of time.
I tell my family to stfu because I'm learning and they always go on me But I live in a big house so it's probably easier to find silence. And I don't learn a lot, my studies just don't really require that

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 02:15 PM   #767
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
can't study at home. Console games, TVs, computers, DVDs and the fridge = too much distraction. At the med library if your phone so much as vibrates, all the psycho med, nursing and pharmacy students glare the living shit out of you. The only place in the world I can focus for a really long period of time.
Oh I know, studying at home, my laptop is sucha a distraction It can be difficult to study elswhere as well, so many people sitting in complete silence
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 05:08 PM   #768
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say... university seems to be at very high level in England and places like the US it's just so sad university sucks so much in France. I can't well remember the rankings but here we have one of the worst ratings for universities in Europe except for one called "La Sorbonne".

In France when you're in uni you're more a failure than anything and for sure headed to not find work. in fact the Cambridge, Oxford... of France are what we call Grandes Ecoles or literraly "High schools" (ESSEC, HEC, Polytechnique, ENA, Pont et Chaussés or Ecoles des mines, ENS) I think I forgot none and if you're not able to get in one of these well remains either University, BTS, DUT, DU [...]

In the US if you have straight A and these kinds of things you get direct acceptance, in France though even if you've got straight A everywhere you have to pass through 2 years of a special class called "Classe préparatoire" just to make you fail.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM   #769
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

@ Vikapower, is that Jac as your avi?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 06:20 PM   #770
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria hasn't announced yet she will play Moscow!
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 06:42 PM   #771

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikapower View Post
Just to say... university seems to be at very high level in England and places like the US it's just so sad university sucks so much in France. I can't well remember the rankings but here we have one of the worst ratings for universities in Europe except for one called "La Sorbonne".

In France when you're in uni you're more a failure than anything and for sure headed to not find work. in fact the Cambridge, Oxford... of France are what we call Grandes Ecoles or literraly "High schools" (ESSEC, HEC, Polytechnique, ENA, Pont et Chaussés or Ecoles des mines, ENS) I think I forgot none and if you're not able to get in one of these well remains either University, BTS, DUT, DU [...]

In the US if you have straight A and these kinds of things you get direct acceptance, in France though even if you've got straight A everywhere you have to pass through 2 years of a special class called "Classe préparatoire" just to make you fail.
Here it's more or less the same but it applies to degrees that can be both studied at a traditional university and at university of technology (it's what you call Polytechnique, that's the French name? Here it's Politechnika ). That's why I attend university of technology, because first it gives me an engineer degree, the level of education is higher and potential employers look better at you than at those with a diploma from a traditional uni.

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:02 PM   #772
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMary View Post
@ Vikapower, is that Jac as your avi?
Yep Monika Jagaciak from the Rag & Bone SS11 Bks... perfection at the highest & I see you're have some fashion knowledge. The avatar I had before her was Constance Jablonski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever View Post
Here it's more or less the same but it applies to degrees that can be both studied at a traditional university and at university of technology (it's what you call Polytechnique, that's the French name? Here it's Politechnika ). That's why I attend university of technology, because first it gives me an engineer degree, the level of education is higher and potential employers look better at you than at those with a diploma from a traditional uni.
Well yes, Polytechnique is the french name not far from spanish...

Oh yeah we call that IUT (Instut Universitaire de Technologie - Universitary Institute of Tehnology I guess ) it's to pass a DUT, what diploma are you studying for ?

Last edited by Vikapower : Sep 23rd, 2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:05 PM   #773

I'm actually Polish

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:09 PM   #774
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
I'm actually Polish
What's up with the spanish flag then ?
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:11 PM   #775

Quote:
What's up with the spanish flag then ?
It's my favourite country and Spanish flag is so much nicer than the Polish one

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:17 PM   #776
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
It's my favourite country and Spanish flag is so much nicer than the Polish one
Gosh you guys. I can never trust people's nationality on TF.
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:28 PM   #777
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep Monika Jagaciak from the Rag & Bone SS11 Bks... perfection at the highest & I see you're have some fashion knowledge. The avatar I had before her was Constance Jablonski.
Jac is amazing. Can't wait for her to score a really BIG cover soon! Definitely in my top-5 u-20 girls at the moment.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:30 PM   #778
country flag Solidus

Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice

Does anybody know why almost all the Canadians seem to be big fans of the central/western European girls? The only connection I can think of is the France-Canada connection, but perhaps that is too strenuous a link to explain it.
Solidus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:41 PM   #779

Monika Jagaciak? That's a 100% Polish name

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM   #780
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Her sister competes in athletics, last seen during the European Champs in Barcelona if anybody cares
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread