Off Topic....Anything Goes - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:33 PM   #751
country flag Solidus

Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
Wow Cambridge You must of got really good results last year then.

Yep thats what I meant, drinking, partying but I don't drink so it's not bad for me right now

So I take it your moving away from home?
Yeah, my A level results were pretty good, but I had to work my ass off to get them.

I don't drink much, and mostly go through long streches of not drinking at all. It's a good thing, we are going to save a lot of cash, especially seeing how a lot of people our age are verging on alcoholism and need serious

Yeah, I'm moving from home, as I live in the north-east of England at the moment. How about you, are you staying in halls or something, or do you live close enough to uni to go home? What are you studying BTW.
Solidus is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:36 PM   #752
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are so lucky yesterday we got warned if our attendance was low, we wouldn't get to sit the exams and maybe even get chucked out
They just probably want to scare you so that you come to the lectures Sometimes if the attendence is low, professors make lists of present students and later they can get some benefits, for example if normally B+ would be sufficient not to take the exam, for them it's B. I've made those lists a couple of times thanks to my friends

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:37 PM   #753
country flag Solidus

Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice Solidus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
Thanks, but really I think getting in is going to be the easy part compared to the intellectual beatdown I'm going to get once I get there.
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:37 PM   #754
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Yeah, my A level results were pretty good, but I had to work my ass off to get them.

I don't drink much, and mostly go through long streches of not drinking at all. It's a good thing, we are going to save a lot of cash, especially seeing how a lot of people our age are verging on alcoholism and need serious

Yeah, I'm moving from home, as I live in the north-east of England at the moment. How about you, are you staying in halls or something, or do you live close enough to uni to go home? What are you studying BTW.
Yeah I suppose you will need to save money for food etc if you are living away from home. So you should manage to save a lot from not drinking

I'm still going to stay at home, the uni is in the same city I am going to study Pharmacy - I've been told it's difficult though
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:38 PM   #755

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I suppose you will need to save money for food etc if you are living away from home. So you should manage to save a lot from not drinking

I'm still going to stay at home, the uni is in the same city I am going to study Pharmacy - I've been told it's difficult though
Pharmacy? Prepare yourself to have no life, honey

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:42 PM   #756
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever View Post
Pharmacy? Prepare yourself to have no life, honey
I was thinking the same after I was told how hard it was

For Pharmacy you need about 600 something credits but for a normal degree you only need around 400

BTW forgot to ask what are you studying?
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:46 PM   #757
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's quite an achievement I've been there, and I'm gonna be there again starting next week, especially that all my classes are in the afternoon so annoying.
I wonder how are Ksenia's studies going
First time since mid-sem break I've managed to do this. My reward- tomorrow off!
I'm doing pretty well considering, just lagging in one paper because the test was the morning after the afternoon my grandpa died so I got the worst grade I've ever gotten. I can probably make it up with my assignments though and get a decent overall mark.

Oh and Cambridge person

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:46 PM   #758

Quote:
I was thinking the same after I was told how hard it was

For Pharmacy you need about 600 something credits but for a normal degree you only need around 400

BTW forgot to ask what are you studying?
Oh you should have known, medicine and all those related degrees, require plenty of hours wasted spend on studying but at least after all those tough years you can have a nice career

I study Maths, specialization Financial Maths

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:48 PM   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
First time since mid-sem break I've managed to do this. My reward- tomorrow off!
I'm doing pretty well considering, just lagging in one paper because the test was the morning after the afternoon my grandpa died so I got the worst grade I've ever gotten. I can probably make it up with my assignments though and get a decent overall mark.

Oh and Cambridge person
Sorry to hear about your grandpa

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM   #760
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Quote:
Oh you should have known, medicine and all those related degrees, require plenty of hours wasted spend on studying but at least after all those tough years you can have a nice career

I know I will have to probably lock myself in a room to study

Hopefully I will be able to pass the exams, thats my biggest concern right now otherwise it was worthless doing all the studying.

Maths expert, do people always ask you about maths questions?
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM   #761
country flag Solidus

Quote:

Pharmacy huh?

That's a sweet degree, and one that leaves you with many opportunities. Chemical nomenclature can be a bore though, but it's alright when you get used to it I guess.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly if you work hard at it, which I'm sure you will.
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM   #762
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I do health sciences and so many people last year wanted to get into med. The medical school library is the most intense place in the whole university. Crazy fucks ignore the fire alarm, furreal. Awesome place to study though!

Quote:
btw whos bolivia smith?
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:57 PM   #763

Quote:
I know I will have to probably lock myself in a room to study

Hopefully I will be able to pass the exams, thats my biggest concern right now otherwise it was worthless doing all the studying.

Maths expert, do people always ask you about maths questions?
I'm far from being an expert My friends from other departments sometimes ask me for help. I used to tutor kids but I gave on that due to my impatience. Some of the kids were so stupid and didn't understand basic things and it was too much for me

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:59 PM   #764

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
I do health sciences and so many people last year wanted to get into med. The medical school library is the most intense place in the whole university. Crazy fucks ignore the fire alarm, furreal. Awesome place to study though!
I could never study in the library. I once did that with friends but I didn't learn anything on my own, I just asked them to clarify things. I prefer to study at home in my room, in peace and quiet

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 02:04 PM   #765
country flag gc-spurs

Quote:
I could never study in the library. I once did that with friends but I didn't learn anything on my own, I just asked them to clarify things. I prefer to study at home in my room, in peace and quiet
can't study at home. Console games, TVs, computers, DVDs and the fridge = too much distraction. At the med library if your phone so much as vibrates, all the psycho med, nursing and pharmacy students glare the living shit out of you. The only place in the world I can focus for a really long period of time.

Quote:
btw whos bolivia smith?
Closed Thread