** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #91
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

JamieOwen IS MARIA SHARAPOVA! I knew it!!!!
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #92
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

our memory sux miloti
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #93
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #94
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. How did you relax off the court? Like the tournament here there isn't as many things to do as there is in New York obviously. Do you go to a movie?
translation: What have you and sasha been doing this week?

Quote:
A. umm, I have been showing him by my example, just what is required in terms of dedication, concentration, and focus, for a person to be a true world class athlete.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #95
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have the interview from the semi?
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #96
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
August 14, 2010

Maria Sharapova

CINCINNATI, OHIO

M. SHARAPOVA/A. Pavlyuchenkova
6-4, 3-6, 6-2

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Did the power failure upset your rhythm on your serve? You had just broken to go 2-1 in second and lost your next three service games. Kind of curious what happened there.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think, um, it kind of changed many things. You know, not that I did much different on the serve. I think I just, you know, maybe stepped back a little bit and let her play -- I mean, I wasn't doing the things that I was doing to get up in the match. I really stopped doing that.
I made her hit some -- by giving her the opportunity to step in and hit some shots, she did what she does best what, get her in the semis. So I think I really gave her the chance to come back into the match.

Q. Speaking of the light failure, has that ever happened to you before?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No.

Q. What are your impressions of her game? It was the first time you played her. Talk a little bit about her game. What do you think she does really well?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, mean, I think she plays really good tennis. You know, she has a big first serve, and you know, she has pretty big groundstrokes, likes to change direction a lot.
But overall, I think you can see how, you know she's been doing really well and that she's beaten good players.

Q. Did she play the way you expected her to?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I didn't really know what to expect, to be honest, because I've never played against her. Just watching is never really the same as getting a feel from the other side of the net, the way the ball is coming off her racquet or the intensity or where she stands on the court, things like that. So just kind of pick up on that.

Q. What did Michael tell you at the beginning the third set just before you came out on court?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: He just told me to step in a little bit more and be aggressive. I was giving her a lot of time. And because she was standing so far back, I even gave her more time. I really didn't utilize my own strengths.

Q. What do you think about playing Kim tomorrow?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm excited. It's been a while since we played, and both of us have been through different things in our lives. She's been back for a year now and I've been back for a year and a half, and we still haven't played against each other. I'm excited to play her again.

Q. About her game, you're 3-4 in head to head meetings with her. You've won the last three after losing the first four. What is it about her game that you've figured out that has enabled you to be successful the last three times you played her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know. I think when I first played her I was quite young. At that point, it was a learning experience. You know, it was wonderful to be able to play against someone like her. You learn a lot of things from someone that has a lot of experience and knows what to do in different situations and the way she plays.
I think I learned from those experiences and from her game. You know, when you play someone a few times, you look for things you want to change, especially when you lose four times in a row.
But like I said, it's different because we haven't played in a while, so it's tough to look back at those. I mean, she's a great player. She gets a lot of balls back. Great mover around the court. A lot waste pace on her shots. It's always challenging when we play against each other.

Q. I believe Pam mentioned on TV that if the results keep coming for you throughout the US Open Series that you'll have a pretty good shot at getting a top 8 seeding at the US Open. Is that something that you're aware of, and does that motivate you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: At the US Open?

Q. Right.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, no. Motivation is just to keep winning and keep winning match. The more you win, the better ranking you're gonna get and the better seed you're gonna be the better you're gonna get.
So it's not really about where I'm gonna be seeded in the tournament a couple weeks from now.

Q. Do you think that you'll have a slight disadvantage tomorrow just from the late start and the fact you had to go three sets? Is there anything you can do to try to give it your best shot tomorrow?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I mean, I've dealt with it the past. It's not the first time. I mean, I've had times when I played at night and I came out and won the final; sometimes I lost it.
I'm not sure. We'll see.

Q. When you're serving, do you hear the photographers clicking sometimes, and does it disturb?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. No, I don't hear them.

Q. Kim said the important thing for her tomorrow is above all to be playing good tennis at this time of the year. After losing the final at Stanford, do you have a real extra motivation to go out and win a final?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, absolutely, because the final is always the last one of the tournament. (Duh!) There are no matches after that in this event, even though you may have to go to the next one and play again.
All your motivation is on that particular match because it is the last one, so I certainly want to give it all I have, all the energy and the power and everything.
Yeah, absolutely.

Q. You had 62% on first serves. Started somewhat low but then really increased, especially towards the third set. Are you pretty happy with that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I mean, she stands so far back on the returns that it's, you know, tough to get really easy points. But I think the first ball was more important than anything else today.

End of FastScripts
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #97
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria, please tell me how much "all" of your power and energy is.

Good luck tomorrow.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #98
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
Maria, please tell me how much "all" of your power and energy is.

Good luck tomorrow.
I'll answer for her, as only a presumptuous like I am would do!

"All of it" is definitely more than a teaspoon but less than the 5 gallon pail a rested Pova would normally bring. Actually, I don't think Pova even knows where she is at. She'll find out by the middle of the first set, though...

Pump it up, Pova! Remember what you can do like in the third set last night: 81% first serves winning 88% of them! Go and Do it again.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #99
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

She seems to be unaware of the possibility of being a top 8 seed if she wins today and makes SF's @ Montreal. Hopefully this is not her giving up.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #100
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Several of us noted just how far back pav was staying---Maria mentioned it in the interview.

The clueless media seemed to be unaware, or dismissed it as not anything significant. I thought it was, because I do not remember anyone staying that far back, especially on second serves. There were times, especially on some second serves, that it enabled her to calculate where Maria was going with the serve and anticipate. Maria seemed to notice it, and dealt with it in the third set.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #101
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, absolutely, because the final is always the last one of the tournament. (Duh!) There are no matches after that in this event, even though you may have to go to the next one and play again.

ummm thanks for the lesson...

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #102
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maria Sharapova

CINCINNATI, OHIO

K. CLIJSTERS/M. Sharapova
2-6, 7-6, 6-2

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How much do you think fatigue might have been a factor today? You played 12 sets of tennis over six consecutive days without a day off. Do you think that may have influenced it a little bit?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe towards the later stages in the match. But, you know, it's hard to say. If.
I would have won a couple of those points in the second, then we wouldn't really be talking about fatigue.

Q. When you asked for the challenge and it wasn't granted seemed to lose your way a little bit. I was sitting on that line and I saw that it was a double fault. Unfortunately, the chair didn't give the opportunity to have that challenge. Can you take us through that time frame
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I mean, you know, there are different moments in the match which we can talk about but, you know, it's tough to pinpoint just one of those.
Obviously we don't know. Maybe what you saw was wrong, too. I mean, we don't know. Doesn't matter now.

Q. Is your foot okay? I saw that you had a medical tight for your foot or ankle.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I haven't really had any time to talk with the trainer or the doctor and see how it is. It just kind of flared up out of nowhere, so we'll see how it is.

Q. What do you think are the things that you did well today?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I think, you know, I served in the first couple sets pretty good. You know, I was keeping her guessing a lot and keeping her off balance in the rallies.
Um, yeah, I mean, I felt like I had control of the match.

Q. Do you feel that your game was effective when you came back after the rain delay? Conditions were a lot different. Seemed like you were just steam rolling right through the match, and then it got a little bit cooler and breezier. Do you think that affected your game at all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it certainly gave her time to relax, and -- more than the conditions themselves, I think it was about just maybe her going in and having a chance to think about what she needs to do differently.
She came out and started playing really good tennis, you know. Yeah.

Q. Were you dwelling on the three match points you had at all during the rain delay? That had to be tough having the break come when it did.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, but there's not much to it. She had two good first serves and we had another long rally and I went for a winner. So those are obviously -- we could talk about those as well.
They're there are different points in the match that maybe I should have done something differently.

Q. What did Michael tell you at the start of third set?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Just forget about what happened and, you know, we still have -- the match is not over. Just keep your head up. Keep going for it.

Q. When you handed your racquet to your coach, was it a stringing issue or a grip issue?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Grip.

Q. Did your ankle start bothering you in the third game of the third set? How long had it been bothering you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's not the ankle. It's more the heel area. No, it was actually -- I think it was the second or third game when we came back.

Q. How do you feel about your game as far as preparation for the US Open?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Good. I've had a solid week. Obviously I would have loved to win this tournament, but didn't happen today. I just look forward to the next one.

Q. Do you think this puts you in doubt for Canada?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Like I said, I still haven't really gotten a chance to evaluate anything. I will, and I'll probably see how it feels tomorrow.

Q. What do you think you might want to try to do differently in your next match with Kim that you maybe didn't do today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I mean, it's tough to say. Because I was up a set and a break before we went off court, so I was doing many things right.
And then a change of things, and all of a sudden she looks like the one that was up a set and a break. That's the way tennis is. I think I have to stick to my game plan and just execute it.

Q. What did you do? You had like an hour and 15 minutes. What did you do during that time? Are you just sitting in the locker room?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, pretty much. Just eat something and listen to music. Nothing special.

Q. How do you feel about your service motion? I've seen you change it throughout the year from full motion to and abbreviated motion, and now you're back to a full motion. Do you feel that you'll stick with it, or how do you feel about your service motion?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, my motion is feeling much more comfortable. Overall, my serve is feeling a lot better than it did last year at this time of year.
Last year I was just trying to adjust to my shoulder. Now I'm just -- I'm not worried about that anymore. I'm just playing tennis.

Q. Looked like you were missing your first serve a little bit more in the tiebreak. Is that a fair assessment? If so, what was giving you the problem there?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I was having trouble landing on this foot.

Q. Which foot was it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: The left one. You know, yeah, my service percentage absolutely went down in the breaker and the third set.

Q. What were the conditions like on court as the storm front moved in? The wind was whipping around and it was getting dark. It looked like it was hard to play?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, you're playing a day match, and within 30 seconds you're almost playing a night match. And then you get off the court and you're playing a day match again.
So those are just the circumstances that we have to be used to. It's an outdoor event, and anything's possible.

Q. You were getting a lot of velocity on both first and second serves. You hit a second serve well over 100 miles an hour. Is that something you were making a conscious effort to go for more power on your serve?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I mean, you know, against an opponent like Kim you have to serve well and hit your spots well. It's not always just about power. But, you know, I want to make sure that I definitely had something on the ball, or else she's a good returner.

Q. You converted 4 of your 12 breakpoints today. What was giving you the problem when you got a breakpoint on her serve? Did she do anything different?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, yeah, maybe I could have taken my chances a little bit more, but I didn't. (Laughter.)

End of FastScripts
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #103
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

poor gurl
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #104
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

It's so obvious she still isn't as confident in her serve as she was before the shoulder injury, hence why her serve deserts her in important moments.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #105
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. Looked like you were missing your first serve a little bit more in the tiebreak. Is that a fair assessment? If so, what was giving you the problem there?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I was having trouble landing on this foot.

Q. Which foot was it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: The left one. You know, yeah, my service percentage absolutely went down in the breaker and the third set.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread