** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 342 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #5116
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Is Maria as articulate speaking Russian as she is speaking English?
Russian is much more complicated language with much bigger vocabulary used by common people. Maria speaks pretty decent Russian , but it takes time for her to recall some words which are not used in her family.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #5117
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

October 23, 2012

Maria Sharapova

ISTANBUL, TURKEY

M. SHARAPOVA/S. Errani
6‑3, 6‑2

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You arrived here I think earlier than a lot of the other players and you looked quite comfortable out there on court.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uh‑huh.

Q. How is the court playing? What's your sense of it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I arrived earlier because I think I was one of the few that was traveling quite far. So it felt good. I think the same as last year. Maybe a little bit slower, but I don't know. I had a short memory last year. Didn't go too well.
Yeah, I was happy about the way I started. Certainly the first few games went quite long. When you give her a lot of time, she uses it quite well. That's what has brought her success this year. I really tried to be more aggressive as the match went on.

Q. We've talked about your slow hard court or slow court play a lot this year, but it seems like you've adjusted well. You don't mind dealing with her high balls, you seemed to be getting on top of pretty much everything she was giving you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I tried. She's a player that likes time and likes to hit the high balls and use the dropshots and the angles. Again, that is when you have time.
I think if I'm playing my game well that she doesn't have that time to create all those things she likes to and maybe goes for a little bit more than she would want to maybe on the serve or in the groundstrokes.
That's pretty much my goal.

Q. Did you have any time after the US Open to work on your game practice‑wise and try some new things, or do you pretty much day, Okay we're still in the season; can't try anything radical; I'm just going to get to the end and maybe work on some things after the Championships?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: To be fair, I had a little bit of trouble getting going after the US Open. Just making my way to Asia and knowing that I have to play so soon after the Open, just after such a long summer I think that was why I was just not really there in Tokyo.
Really changed it around when I went to Beijing. I knew I needed to do step up. It was an event I wanted to do William at of.
But, no, overall of course you always want to work on things that you feel need to improve, because there is never really time, if you think about it. Our off‑season isn't that long, so...

Q. I believe you hit 22 winners with your forehand today. Is that about as good as you've felt on any one stroke ever?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, I wasn't counting them, but I guess it's a good number to have. (Smiling.)
Yeah, I mean, like I said, I don't think I did that in the first maybe four, five games. As the match went on, I certainly felt like I needed to in order‑‑ I mean, you don't want points going way too long against her.
If that occurs, then, okay, you've got to be a little bit more patient. I did want to be the more aggressive one today.

Q. What would you like to say about the atmosphere? Seems like you have a great fan base here in Turkey.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I do. I mean, I felt the energy last year. It was so nice to see the success of the tournament, especially for a first year. You never quite know what to expect and how the fans will react and how much attendance and how many people will come and support you.
I mean, last year was one of the most successful Championships the tour has had. I was looking forward to experiencing that feeling and the atmosphere and the crowd again this year.

Q. You obviously broke through first at Wimbledon winning there on a pretty fast surface ;more recently in your career big results have come for you on slower courts, especially on clay. Do you think you've sort of evolved into a different sort of player over the years where this is now a better environment for you maybe than the reverse, younger?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I hope not. (Laughter.) No, because my favorite tournaments are on the faster court, and I really want to do well there.
It's tough to say. I was in the finals of the Olympics and semis of the US Open. Those are probably two of the fastest courts we play on during the year. I mean, it's all relatively speaking obviously. You want to adjust to wherever you're playing, whether it's slow or fast.
Maybe do a few more drills if you're a little late late or slow getting up to the ball when the court is slower.

Q. Did you follow the Lance Armstrong stuff?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: A little bit.

Q. Were you shocked? Big cultural icon like that.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not a big cycling fan. I don't think I've ever made a point to turn it on TV and watch it. I've known his success and what he's achieved obviously. He was a great athlete in what he accomplished and went through being sick and coming back.
It's unfortunate, but I guess it happens.

Q. Sort of brings up the question as to whether or not doping is stringent enough in all sports. Do you think the controls are enough in tennis?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Are they enough?

Q. Are they enough, yeah.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Considering I landed from New York and my first day back at home I got a wake‑up call at 6:00 a.m., I think that's enough. (Laughing.)
Yep, knocking on my door. I was like, Thank you. Welcome home.

Q. But you're okay with the whereabouts rule in general?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I am. I know it seems difficult to have to give one hour every single day, but I usually have my hour somewhere in the middle of the night because I'm not going to be anywhere but in my bed.
If they come get m,e up they can wait and I can wait until I have to go to the bathroom. It's the most awkward thing when they knock on your door at 6:00 in the morning in you're walking around in your robe and your dog is going, What is going on? Who are these strangers? It's just a really bizarre situation.

Q. Is there any chance in the future we might see the Sugarpova candies in Turkey?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I would love to see the candy here. I had an attempt of bringing two bags with me, but between me and my team they were gone on the plane. Turkish Airlines swallowed them up.
I would love to see the candy come here. It's going to be actually available internationally in a couple weeks, so people if want to order online at sugarpova.com it will be able to come to Turkey.
Great news. I've been getting a lot of mail that people are upset they can't get it around the world. So, you know...

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #5118
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Sharapova to press: "Riiiise and shine, everybody." Carrying food. Asked what it was. "I don't know. Could be kangaroo food for all I know."

SI_BTBaseline
Sharapova sums it up: "But I fought. And I won. So I'm happy.... Just wondering when I'm going to go sleep. Aren't we all?" #wtachamps
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #5119
country flag Marga.

Marga. has disabled reputation

^ So funny, I love her even more.
Marga. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #5120
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Maria Sharapova

ISTANBUL, TURKEY

M. SHARAPOVA/A. Radwanska
5‑7, 7‑5, 7‑5

Q. Obviously this was a late finish for you. What was it like fighting out there? Talk about the match.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it was a very physical match. Just came down just to a few points in the end. I think today was an example of not playing my best tennis at all, fighting through it, hanging in there, and getting it done.
I mean, obviously I didn't play the way I wanted to from the beginning. I didn't break her once in the first set. Just wasn't doing a lot on my returns; wasn't playing aggressive enough.
But I fought and I won, so I'm happy.

Q. You seemed to be disagreeing with your coach at points during the match. Was that tactics from before the match or when he visited you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I was just aggravated because I was making errors and wasn't doing the right things.
In the heat of the moment got to blame it on someone, right? It's never on yourself. (Laughter.)

Q. Did you feel like at any time you were playing the match on your terms, or was that not until the very end of the match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, I feel like I was doing the right things. Obviously there's a reason why she's No. 4 in the world. She showed that today. Her capability of anticipating where the ball goes and getting it back. No matter if it's, you know, a hard shot or a lower slice that has no pace, she makes you work for it.
She did until the end. I found a way to get through those points against her which is not always easy, especially on a slower court like this. But I managed.

Q. So do you feel only happiness or is it more just relief that you got through it and a little bit of frustration trying to move on to get the level you want?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, not frustrated. Just wondering when I'm going to go sleep. Aren't we all?

Q. Absolutely. In the middle of the third set, I heard an impression that you shouted to Radwanska, Run run. Was I mistaken, or it was your plan to force her to run?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I was doing all the running, so, I mean, I wish I could watch the tape of this match. I mean, there is not one time in the first set where I felt like I was controlling and moving forward.
In that point, I finally like moved in and hit an approach shot winner for the first time, so I was just happy about that.

maybe one of the shortest interviews ever from her
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #5121
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201210...256076_2959219

Quote:
Sharapova Hangs On, Two Players Into SFs

October 24, 2012
ISTANBUL, Turkey - Maria Sharapova battled past Agnieszka Radwanska and into the semis of the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships - Istanbul 2012 on Wednesday, rallying from 75 42 down and outlasting the Pole in a three-hour, 12-minute marathon that finished at 2:12am, 57 75 75.

The match put forth a clear contrast of styles: Sharapova constantly on the offense, Radwanska keeping her on the run with clever use of variety and redirection of pace. And for the first half of the match Radwanska's game plan was working better, as she snuck out of a 40-15 hole and broke Sharapova in the very last game of the first set, then broke again for 4-2 in the second set.

"I was a little bit frustrated early on," Sharapova said. "I wasn't doing the right things and she was doing all the right things, and making me make mistakes.

"I was just trying to hang in there."

And hang in there she did - a true workaholic, Sharapova never gave up on a winning strategy, always looking to take charge with big serves, big returns, ferocious groundstrokes - she would eventually outlast Radwanska 7-5 in the third set, finishing the match with a big ace out wide on the deuce side.

The numbers said it all - Sharapova was the clear aggressor with 66 winners to 64 errors, while Radwanska compiled a safer 18 winners to 19 errors.

"It was a very physical match with so many ups and downs - I wasn't playing my best tennis, but I kept fighting," Sharapova said. "And when you win when you're not at your best, it gives you extra motivation to do better in the next one."

Radwanska gave praise. "It was a great match, and all the sets were very tight," she said. "I had my chance in the second set, but when you don't use your chances against a top player, a great player, it's hard to come back and win."

And Sharapova gave praise back. "There's a reason why she's No.4 in the world. Her capability of anticipating where the ball goes and getting it back - and no matter if it's a hard shot or a low slice with no pace, she makes you work for it. She did until the end. I found a way to get through the points, which isn't easy."

Sharapova's victory also meant she has qualified for the semifinals.

"I'm happy to get to that stage - the goal is always to get out of your group," she said. "I was injured last year and didn't play very well, so to be in the semifinals this year makes me very proud, and especially given the way I fought tonight."

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #5122
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I love this city. I've been here many times already.
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #5123
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Sharapova embarrassed by her Gangnam style

ISTANBUL: Maria Sharapova admitted on Friday that she felt embarrassed by her contribution to a tennis-style Gangnam video and revealed the Asian dance craze had completely passed her by.

Teenage players, Britain's Laura Robson and Genie Bouchard of Canada, decided the women players should not to be outdone by Novak Djokovic's Gangnam performance in Beijing, and created a video of their own.

They persuaded Sharapova to introduce it, which she duly did with a saucy wink, something she might not have done had she actually known what she was introducing.

"Yeah, it was really fun until - well, when I found out what Gangnam was and what Gangnam Style was," Sharapova admitted.

"So I did it and I sound ridiculous. I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about. Obviously and I'm very embarrassed about it.

"I was driving my car and I hear this ridiculous song and I'm like, what is this? And I look at my radio and it says Gangnam Style."

Gangnam is the music and dance pioneered by rapper Psy, who has become the first South Korean pop star to become a global phenomenon.

His video featuring a manic horse-riding dance is said to have become YouTube's most liked of all time.

Sharapova didn't know that but she did, however, know that the best course was to gently satirise herself.

She did that after explaining that Robson approached her after one of her matches in Beijing, asking if she would do a quick introduction to her video, Gangnam Style.

"I'm like, what?" is how Sharapova characterised her response.

"She's like, Gangnam Style. I'm like, I'll do it if you tell me how to pronounce it right," Sharapova went on.

"She's like, What do you mean you don't know how to pronounce it? I'm like, I've never heard of this. What is it?"

"I didn't even know what it was. Now maybe I can, you know, attempt it (to dance). But before I needed to know how to pronounce it!"

Sharapova concluded: "Oh, my goodness. I'm 25. I'm not that old. I'm still into it. So I didn't know what I was doing, but it came out great. It was funny." - AFP

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #5124
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

i love how masha's the high priestess over these girl and they have to ask permission before she'll accept
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #5125
country flag MS17

October 26, 2012

Maria Sharapova

ISTANBUL, TURKEY

M. SHARAPOVA/S. Stosur
6‑0, 6‑3

Q. When you seen an opponent struggling like that in the first set, what do you think?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think I got to keep them struggling. (Laughter.)
You know, obviously there is a reason why they're in that position. You know, could be a combination of them not having a good day and also you forcing the issue a bit.
You know, I certainly didn't want to play as long of a match as I did in the previous round. I wanted to do a better job of a few things, and I think I did.

Q. Kind of funky playing those dead rubber matches, no?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, they're not so dead. You're going out and playing in front of thousands of people.

Q. You know what I mean. You're getting through anyway and she can't.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know. I think there are still some things that you play for, because, especially in my mind, I don't want to go and just play to play tennis. I go to play to win.
So it's not like a practice match or anything.

Q. But is it just a little bit of an upgrade on a practice match? Are you kind of thinking ahead? You knew going into today that you'd reached the semifinals and she couldn't get there, so it's not really same type of pressure or intensity.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I didn't want to feel that way, to be honest. I wanted to go and try to replicate a match that matters. To me, in my mind, it does.
I never want to go into a match when I'm in a competitive tournament atmosphere and feel like there is nothing on the line. That would never really get me going, so...

Q. Next you get the winner of the match coming up later tonight between Li Na and Azarenka. Can you talk about each them, especially I guess Li Na, because you've played Azarenka a lot recently.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I played both of them in Beijing. I mean, there are no secrets out there. We've played maybe a little less against Li Na this year than Azarenka. Either one are a big challenge and I've had trouble against, especially with Azarenka this year.
So, you know, I'm putting myself back in the position to try to change things around and do things a bit differently. So I'm happy that I'm giving myself more opportunities against these players, whether it's Li Na or Azarenka.

Q. When you lose several times to the same player, like Azarenka, do you ever go back and watch those matches?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, of course I do.

Q. Any main things you see when you watch them?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Certainly. (Smiling.)

Q. You said about the Australian Open prize money that you didn't think it would be a good idea to increase the first round loser's prize money. What do you think about the case of injured players who come back after and they're struggling at first because they have no support from federation or maybe don't have sponsors as well? So the first round loser's paycheck is very important to these kind of players, don't you think?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I do. I think it's obviously an incredible position to be in a Grand Slam main draw. I mean, don't get me wrong. I just think that when you're in a position to be in a Grand Slam first round, you want to have the motivation to go further, to win the match, to get prize money, to get more prize money, to get more points.
I always feel like there has to be something on the line. You don't just feel like just because you're in the draw you're going to be paid more. There is no doubt ‑‑ I mean, I think that it's obviously very difficult for somebody that's maybe ranked 190, a 100‑something, to make really good money, because this is one of the most expensive sports.
I mean, the expenses are incredibly big and challenging. In order for you to get to the next level, you have to have a really good team of knowledge and people, and that takes a lot of money. That's no secret.
But yet when you just arrive to a place, you want to have a motivation to get yourself through to the next round. So I don't think that there is anything that I said that I'm trying to take away from losing or somebody that's just there.
It's a really incredible position to get there. It takes a lot. You obviously have to win tournaments, go far in tournaments, and be consistent, so...

Q. Just talk a little bit more about playing Victoria if you play her. You've played her a lot this year. You beat her in Stuttgart; very close at the US Open; other ones, not so close. What do you need to do to get over the hump on hard courts?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think just stay with her a little bit more and be a little bit more consistent, but aggressively consistent. We have very similar game styles. We like to hit the ball and be the first one to really go for it in the rallies.
I think that's just something that maybe I was a little bit tentative and not doing so well in the previous‑‑ in some of the matches where I haven't had success.
You know, also taking my opportunities. I mean, US Open I'm up a set and a break and having chances in certain games and not taking them. You really can't do that against someone that's No. 1 in the world.

Q. Is there a mental part of it confidence‑wise against her, because she seems to return you very well also?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, there are many great things she does, but you have to expect that against someone that's one of the best in the world. No doubt.

Q. Just one more on Stosur. Since she won the US Open she sort of struggled to replicate that fantastic match she played against Serena. Have you noticed a change in her game or herself since then?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, it took me a couple years after I won my first major to get to that type of position again. It's certainly not an easy one, especially after you experience that type of success, almost floating on clouds and you feel like you're the greatest ever.
That takes a while to get back. Everyone is different, and you can't compare anyone. I can't compare myself to her or anyone else, like she can't.
But from my experience, I'm not sitting here and saying I won Wimbledon, the next day I won the US Open. I was far from it.
So everything is a learning experience, and I'm sure it is for her as well.

Q. You were the first top player Li Na was trying to challenge when she came back from her retirement back in 2005.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Who?

Q. Li Na.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I didn't know she was retired.

Q. She has for two years.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, yeah? I had no idea.

Q. You played her in 2005 Australian Open that year.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Which round was that?

Q. Third round. You beat her pretty bad.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't remember that either.

Q. You don't remember?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I won?

Q. Yeah.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Okay, good.

Q. After so many meetings in seven years, do you think in a way that she's still fresh as she was back then considering she's almost 31 years old right now? Can you talk about that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't think age is something that you can really say is affecting someone, especially when they're ‑‑ I mean, look, last year she won the French Open. What is she, 31 now? She was 30 then, so you could have had the same type of conversation and said she is a Grand Slam champion at 30 years old.
Now, what, she's 31 and all of a sudden you're asking if she's good enough at 31. That's kind of tough. From the position where she was in 2005, even though I don't remember that match, obviously she's been very consistent in the last few years. To be a Grand Slam champion is not an easy task, no matter if you're 16, 17 or 30 or 35.

Q. I remember when you beat Victoria this year in the Stuttgart final and afterwards you got a car and you drove the car onto the court. Have you had a chance to drive that car much yet?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I haven't received that car yet.

Q. No?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it's at the dealership now. Maybe when I get back I'll get to drive it.

Q. Did you see the video you were in with Robson and Bouchard?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I did.

Q. Reaction? Looked kind of fun there, huh?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it was really fununtil ‑‑ well, when I found out what Gangnam was and what Gangnam Style was.
She actually approached me after one of my matches in Beijing and she was like, Can you just do this quick intro for me? We did this video, Gangnam Style. I'm like, What?
She's like, Gangnam Style. I'm like, I'll do it if you tell me how to pronounce it right. She's like, What do you mean you don't know how to pronounce it? I'm like, I've never heard of this. What is it?
So I did it and I sound ridiculous and I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about obviously and I'm very embarrassed about it. But then driving in my car and I hear this ridiculous song and I'm like, What is this? And I look at my radio and it says Gangnam Style.
I'm like, Oh, my goodness. I'm 25. I'm not that old. I'm still into it. So I didn't know what I was doing, but it came out great. It was funny.

Q. Did they ask you to dance?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Ask me to dance? I didn't even know what it was. Now maybe I can, you know, attempt, but before I needed to know how to pronounce it.

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #5126
country flag PimpMePova

Q. You were the first top player Li Na was trying to challenge when she came back from her retirement back in 2005.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Who?

Q. Li Na.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I didn't know she was retired.

Q. She has for two years.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, yeah? I had no idea.

Q. You played her in 2005 Australian Open that year.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Which round was that?

Q. Third round. You beat her pretty bad.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't remember that either.

Q. You don't remember?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I won?

Q. Yeah.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Okay, good.

Q. Did they ask you to dance?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Ask me to dance? I didn't even know what it was. Now maybe I can, you know, attempt, but before I needed to know how to pronounce it.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #5127
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
Q. Kind of funky playing those dead rubber matches, no?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, they're not so dead. You're going out and playing in front of thousands of people.

Q. You know what I mean.
TrollPova
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #5128
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

I'm so in love with her these days. She's so real, sometimes shady, very witty, yet always point-on in her interviews. She's really residing comfortably in her HBIC role. I can never understand those people who complain that she's boring and unfriendly. She did an video intro for something she's never heard of for a fellow player for god's sake!
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #5129
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
I'm so in love with her these days. She's so real, sometimes shady, very witty, yet always point-on in her interviews. She's really residing comfortably in her HBIC role. I can never understand those people who complain that she's boring and unfriendly. She did an video intro for something she's never heard of for a fellow player for god's sake!
Shut your whore mouth! She only did it to throw the peasants a bone!

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #5130
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Shut your whore mouth! She only did it to throw the peasants a bone!
To be fair they did ask the highness for permission
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread