** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 312 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #4666
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadia View Post
Yeah, I agree. I'm going to be in Montreal that week and I am not holding my breath that she will be there.

Luckily I live in Southern Ontario which is not too far from Cincinnati. I'm sure Maria will show up there to defend her title so I may take a quick trip into the states.
I might take a road trip there as well. I've always wanted to go to cedar point anyway.

and just the thought of Maria staying at the oylmpic village makes me laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #4667
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. I'm going to be in Montreal that week and I am not holding my breath that she will be there.

Luckily I live in Southern Ontario which is not too far from Cincinnati. I'm sure Maria will show up there to defend her title so I may take a quick trip into the states.
cool! Pretty sure she'll be in Cincinnati as the USO preparation. Hope you'll get to see her matches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #4668
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
cool! Pretty sure she'll be in Cincinnati as the USO preparation. Hope you'll get to see her matches
This will be my third try. She skipped Montreal 2 years ago after losing the Cincinnati final to Kim. And then I had great tickets in Toronto last year and she lost to the likes of Voskoboeva the night before. Luckily I saw Serena v. Safarova which ended up going three and turned out to be a really decent match. Numbed the pain just slightly.

My husband claims I'm the "kiss of death" when it comes to Maria. So I'm not pre-purchasing tickets. I will take my chances that I can get decent seats at the last minute.
canadia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #4669
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This will be my third try. She skipped Montreal 2 years ago after losing the Cincinnati final to Kim. And then I had great tickets in Toronto last year and she lost to the likes of Voskoboeva the night before. Luckily I saw Serena v. Safarova which ended up going three and turned out to be a really decent match. Numbed the pain just slightly.

My husband claims I'm the "kiss of death" when it comes to Maria. So I'm not pre-purchasing tickets. I will take my chances that I can get decent seats at the last minute.
nah, those are just coincidences don't blame yourself. maria is just not that good on hardcourt, anymore, post surgery, especially in windy conditions like Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #4670
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
maria is just not that good on hardcourt, anymore, post surgery, especially in windy conditions like Toronto
How do you know that?
Have you ever heard about "current form" of the players? Are you aware the form could be very different during a season?
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #4671
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

haha just had a freak out watching the end of E! news.

"
Jason: Tomorrow game, set, skinny jeans.
Giuliana: Jason here gets served by Olympic tennis hottie Maria Sharapova.
Jason: I got tennis elbow after this interview.
Giuliana: No you did not.
Jason: Absolutely"

So i guess this is what those tweets were about.

This is the E! news from yesterday so I guess the interview will be shown on tonights E! news at 7.
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #4672
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

I watch E! everyday () so don't know how I missed that.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #4673
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

And when can I expect those news in Europe? : 7 o'clock what time zone in USA? I need to callculate...
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #4674
country flag lefty24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
And when can I expect those news in Europe? : 7 o'clock what time zone in USA? I need to callculate...
Eastern.
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #4675
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just share this after playing Serena for the first time.

After loss to Serena Williams 2004 Miami

Q. Can you talk about the match today. What was the difference?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, the experience. I mean, there are many big differences, you know. I mean, even though she's been out for so long, you know, she still has many qualities of a champion out there, you know, no matter how long she's been out.

You know, I went out there and I thought I played a pretty decent match. I was pretty much in control in the first set until she broke me, and I felt really good. I felt that I had a few breakpoints, but she just managed just to make a good serve. That was the difference.

Just little things here and there that I still need to improve.

Q. Is it the first time you played her?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yep.

Q. How does her power stack up against some of the other top players even though she's been out for a while?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, definitely, I mean, she has so much power. She's very strong, as you can see. No matter how long she was gone, she's still back. I think she really played well today considering that she's been gone for so long.

Q. How did you like your chances going into the match? How did you feel?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I felt pretty good. I had nothing to lose in the match; I knew that. She's been out for eight months. I was just going to go out there and play my game and enjoy it and have fun, and I did.

I thought, I mean, there were very positive things that I found in my game against a top player like her. So I definitely enjoyed it.

Q. Such as...?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I mean, those things about the game I just like to keep to myself.

But, you know, just looking ahead in my career and just thinking of what I need to improve and then what I needed to improve and now that I'm improving it, it makes me feel more confident.

Q. Do you feel that it's a lost opportunity, that this was a good chance to beat Serena?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, no, it's not a lost opportunity. I'm going to have many more opportunities in my life.

Q. You never really know until you're out there hitting against her, but how impressed were you with the power of her game?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I mean, you know, she's a very strong lady. Definitely she has a lot of power. I mean, yes, she looks like she's powerful, you know, but there are many other things in tennis except power. I mean, tennis is not all about power. You can take spectators, they'll have a lot of power, but they don't know how to play the game. You need a lot more to play the game. She definitely has those good qualities.

Q. Did she seem rusty to you at all?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I thought that yesterday she played -- I mean, today I thought she played a much better match than she did yesterday. But I was on the court, you know; yesterday I was just watching from the stands.

But, I mean, I didn't feel -- I mean, yes, she made a few errors on the return and stuff, but, you know, hey, maybe my serve was good, I don't know (laughing).

Q. What did you think of her outfit today, the crop top and short shorts?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think that it's great. I mean, fashion these days in tennis definitely has been something that players can work with.

I definitely think that fashion can express the way you feel and the way you look, and I definitely think that it's very good for the sport. We don't have to wear uniforms, we don't have to kind of be in what everybody else is in, and I think this is a very good way just to show your personality when you go on court. I definitely think that, you know, everybody has their own unique opinion about what to wear and I think that's very good for tennis.

Q. Do you think Serena has a particular flair that way?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: What do you mean by "flair"?

Q. She has a unique eye for that sort of thing. She's involved in the designs of her outfits.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Definitely. I think every player wants to feel good on the court. Nobody wants to go out and feel, you know, uncomfortable in what we're wearing. I mean, they want to be satisfied.

This is a sport where you can go on the court, you can choose what you wear. I mean, you don't design it, you know, sometimes, but definitely if you don't feel comfortable wearing a skirt, you can wear shorts. It's not like you have to wear these big pads, this big uniform, this big jersey, and these big socks, hey, so...

You can just express more.

Q. You wore all those pads in a photo shoot, didn't you?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I did. It wasn't very comfortable (smiling).

Q. Is there any intimidation factor going out ther against Serena even though she has been out this long?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I mean, like I said, it doesn't matter how long she was out. You just always have to focus on today and the way you're going to play and, I mean, no, you have to expect the best from her.

Q. So there is a little bit of an intimidation factor still?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I mean, she's not No. 1 in the world right now. But, you know, she's still a champion out there. Of course you just got to go out and fight.

Q. What's next for you?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm pretty sure Berlin.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #4676
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

London, I'm baaaack! After a nice hit on the grass it's time for dinner with the Russian Olympic tennis team. We are currently waiting for dessert and tea...Russian style.

masha just posted this on FB
masha122 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #4677
country flag joćo.
;

joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute

Why isn't Kiri next to Maria? Overrated frandship.
joćo. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #4678
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought Maria was closest to Vesnina compared to anyone else with how often they're seen with each other/the things they do together.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #4679
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
I always thought Maria was closest to Vesnina compared to anyone else with how often they're seen with each other/the things they do together.
+1
Vesnina is close to Maria IMO... I mean, close, the closest Maria lets someone on tour...
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #4680
country flag lefty24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
+1
Vesnina is close to Maria IMO... I mean, close, the closest Maria lets someone on tour...
I think Maria used to be really close with lil Mash but their friendship faded after Maria started becoming super successful and popular.

I also don't think Maria likes the fact that Kiri started playing hockey during their last match.
Closed Thread