** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 311 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #4651
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Er, Maria will never stay with the other athletes at the Olympic Village--I think we all know that. She never intended to stay there since 2008.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #4652
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...619717626.html

Quote:
NO WHITES, SO WHO WILL BE WEARING WHAT AT THE OLYMPICS?

by Mark Hodgkinson
Wednesday 18 July 2012
It's going to be strange but also exciting, says Maria Sharapova. Serena Williams doesn't quite know how she will feel about it. Forget the beach volleyball outfits at Horse Guards Parade, or any sprinters wearing gold spikes. It will be the competitors' choice of clothes and shoes in the south west of the city, at the All England Club, that will attract the most attention and comment during the London Olympic Games. For the first time, tennis players who step on the Wimbledon grass wearing coloured gear will not be politely asked to return to the locker-room to change into something 'predominantly white' (during this summer's Championships, Victoria Azarenka had to change after she initially wore a yellow T-shirt on the practice court).

Players will have the freedom to wear any colour they choose at the All England Club. It will be the strongest reminder, for any casual viewer who flicks on to the tennis, that they are not watching a second 'regular' Championships at the Club, but something different. You can be sure that a lot of planning will be going into what some of the players will wear for the Olympic tennis tournament; Sharapova is one of those who would never just throw an outfit together on the morning of a match ("I planned my outfit some time ago - it's based around the colours of my country"). Expect something classy from Sharapova, who at past white Wimbledons has worn outfits inspired by swans and men's tuxedos: "I think it's really exciting, and will be a little strange and fun to wear colour at Wimbledon. I'm looking forward to it."

Players, and their country's clothing suppliers, will have put a great deal of thought into this. Most will playing in their country's colours. Roger Federer will be wearing a red polo shirt with the 'RF' logo on the sleeve and the Swiss Cross on his chest, with white shorts, and red and white shoes, while Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will be wearing a blue shirt, blue shorts, and red shoes. Part-time clothes designer Venus Williams has looked to the Stars and Stripes for inspiration: 'It's the Olympics, and so it won't be another Wimbledon, so that's what makes it different. We'll be wearing team colours. Red, white, blue - and hopefully gold."

Images have already been released of how Andy Murray will be dressed for the tennis, in a red, white and blue outfit designed by Stella McCartney, and also of Caroline Wozniacki's red Olympic dress.

For Serena Williams, playing at Wimbledon in anything other than 'predominantly white' will be "weird".

"I don't know how I will feel about playing tennis at Wimbledon during the Olympics as I understand that we won't be wearing white. I'm going to feel weird not wearing white at Wimbledon. I absolutely love wearing white. When I played at Eastbourne once, I wasn't wearing white and that didn't seem right - I felt as though, as I was on grass, I should be wearing white."

At first, it will look a little odd - there is no stronger brand in tennis than the clothing rule at Wimbledon - but it will be a once-in-a-generation glimpse at an alternative tennis universe.
The hype about her outfit is growing in me.
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #4653
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

For about few weeks I've been switching on my laptop and hope that I'll finally see her Olympics outfit! Really can't wait to see the dress
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4654
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

This appeared 2h ago on twitter:
Quote:
Ally Zimmerman ‏@allyz525
My boss is interviewing Maria Sharapova tonight...no big
and this
Quote:
Jason Kennedy ‏@JasonKennedy1
This is where Maria Sharapova made fun of me for playing in skinny jeans. #Service!
http://www.whosay.com/jasonkennedy/photos/204591
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #4655

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
This appeared 2h ago on twitter:

http://www.whosay.com/jasonkennedy/photos/204591
Is this from London or she's still in USA? Because the guy on this photo is from E! Television which is from USA
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #4656
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

That was made in USA IMO...
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #4657
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
That was made in USA IMO...
In LA ... where Masha was practicing IMO

http://s019.radikal.ru/i636/1207/e5/15e1ad8b6535.jpg
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #4658
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
Same, I am just hoping I'll find wi-fi somewhere to check the scores every once in a while... If final match-ups won't be boring and/or disastrous, cause then I obviously will not care
Yea. I'm going to NY and that's a lot of traveling and activities, which probably means I can't keep up.

Actually I'm missing out on the whole second half of the Olympics because of the vacation. Coming home on the day of closing ceremonies which means it's probably over due to the time zone difference. .

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #4659
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Yea. I'm going to NY and that's a lot of traveling and activities, which probably means I can't keep up.

Actually I'm missing out on the whole second half of the Olympics because of the vacation. Coming home on the day of closing ceremonies which means it's probably over due to the time zone difference. .
Well, we can suffer together if there will be something worth watching that we'll have to miss
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #4660

From Rogers Cup twitter:

Quote:
Maria ‪#Sharapova‬ has reserved her hotel room and flight for Montreal. 17 days and counting. ‪#CoupeRogers‬
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #4661
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sharapova not to stay in Athlete’s Village in London Olympics

Four-time Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova is not going to stay in the Athlete’s Village during Olympic Games in London from this month ending.
25-year-old Sharapova is likely to stay in the Wimbledon Village, during her Olympics Games in London. Sharapova is one of the top prospects to win the gold medal in the 2012 Olympics, schedule to begin from 27th July and event will kick off at Wimbledon at All England Club. According to sources, Sharapova was asked if she would like stay at the Wimbledon Village instead of the Athlete’s Village.

Former World No. 1 Sharapova said she doesn’t want to travel long distance, as the Olympics Village for athletes, which was so far from the All England Club in London. Russian beauty has been taking part in Olympics for the first time in her career and going to carry on her national flag in Olympic Ceremony in London on 27th July.
World No. 3 Sharapova has become 10th player in the WTA history of the sport to win all four Grand Slams championships. Russian top seed has clinched 2012 French Open title in June at Roland Garros, after beating Italian Sara Errani in consecutive sets

Source: http://www.livetennisguide.com/2012/...ndon-olympics/
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4662
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Wise decision! Closer to the courts and less distractions, even though I'm sure nothing would make Maria lose focus in such a big event!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #4663
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaSharapova View Post
From Rogers Cup twitter:

So they're actually expecting her to show up!

We all know she'll do a Charleston or Birmingham like last year... :roll eyes:

If she did show up though, it makes her getting to No.1 at the USO a good chance , just hoping that Serena is ranked 5 or 2 by then
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #4664
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaSharapova View Post
From Rogers Cup twitter:

They are trying too hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #4665
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post

They are trying too hard
Yeah, I agree. I'm going to be in Montreal that week and I am not holding my breath that she will be there.

Luckily I live in Southern Ontario which is not too far from Cincinnati. I'm sure Maria will show up there to defend her title so I may take a quick trip into the states.
canadia is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread