** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 298 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #4456
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

60 seconds with Maria Sharapova
Quote:
The actress I would like to play me in a film about my life: Gwyneth Paltrow.
If I wasn’t a tennis player, I would be: An architect.
I never travel to a tournament without: My phone.
My favourite city on the tour: Probably Tokyo.
The last place I went to on holiday: Thailand.
My favourite restaurant on the tour: A Russian restaurant in New York.
My favourite shop on the tour: Rick Owens in Paris.
The last film I watched: That’s a good question. I’m watching a show right now called ‘The Good Wife’. I haven’t seen a movie in a while.
The last album I listened to: Florence and the Machine.
The last meal I cooked: I made a salad the other day. Does that count as a meal, ha ha? I can’t say whether it was good or not. Everyone ate it, so I imagine it was good.
The last joke I laughed at: Erm, I laugh at the most stupid things.
The last time I was recognised in public: Just the other day, in Wimbledon Village.
The last time I broke a racket: I usually break rackets during the first few practices of the clay-court season.
Grass, hard or clay? Oh, grass.
Sand or snow? Sand.
Which super-power would you choose – to be invisible or fly? Invisibility, always.
If I was in a karaoke bar, the song I would choose: Cher’s ‘Do You Believe in Love’. I sing that all the time. That’s my go-to song.
If I won the lottery I would spend it on. Oh my god, I feel as though I already won the lottery, ha, ha. I don’t know, I think I would give it away to charity.
http://www.thetennisspace.com/off-co...ria-sharapova/
Kon. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #4457
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
60 seconds with Maria Sharapova

The last film I watched: That’s a good question. I’m watching a show right now called ‘The Good Wife’. I haven’t seen a movie in a while.

http://www.thetennisspace.com/off-co...ria-sharapova/
OMG.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #4458
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Mashenka still likes Gwyneth? I remember she once said how "she used to say that Gwyneth should play her but now she doesn't know anymore who to pick"...
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #4459
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

My favourite city on the tour: Probably Tokyo.
I remember watch Maria's video play with kid in Tokyo, so funny
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 TitlesNew Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #4460
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all

CBS This Morning‏@CBSThisMorning
You'll hear from the world's highest-paid female athlete #ThisMorning. Maria Sharapova talks abt life, love, and how long she'll play tennis

Well maybe some of us get's the answers they want to here...
Sebastian222 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #4461
country flag DeeHax

DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice

When does this air?
DeeHax is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #4462
country flag DeeHax

DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice DeeHax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian222 View Post
You'll hear from the world's highest-paid female athlete #ThisMorning. Maria Sharapova talks abt life, love, and how long she'll play tennis

When does this air?
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #4463
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

^^Sometime between 13:00 and 15:00 CET
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4464
country flag DeeHax

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
^^Sometime between 13:00 and 15:00 CET
Ohh! How cool! Can someone post the news then?
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #4465
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all

(CBS News) LONDON - Maria Sharapova is more than a tennis champion.

She's practically an industry, earning more money in prizes and endorsements than any other female athlete.
After a long comeback from injury, Sharapova is number one again on the women's tennis tour.
The women's' tennis circuit likes to market its top players like movie stars. It's just as well some of them look the part. None more so than Sharapova - six-feet-two-inches of statuesque glamor off the court, and the same measure of screeching power and determination on it.
After her victory in the French Open two weeks ago, which followed wins earlier in her career at the U.S. Open, the Australian Open and at Wimbledon, Sharapova is one of only eight women to achieve the career grand slam.
Now, she's back in London, about to begin another try for the Wimbledon title.
She says she was particularly pleased with herself after the French Open victory because, "I feel like I -- I worked so hard to get to that moment. You go through so many good days and bad days, and there are days where you think, 'Well, are the good days gonna be that worth it? Are they gonna feel so good?' And the moment I won match point, I got down on my knees. It's kinda that moment when everything comes together."
Sharapova says tennis players don't practice their victory dances, as some football or soccer players do, but she's, "seen photographs of me winning the four Grand Slams," she said with a laugh. "And my reactions are pretty much the same. I go on my knees and I do something and I'm quite -- quite shocked.
"But, I certainly don't practice it. I don't wanna jinx anything!" she laughed again.
Practicing, not victory celebrations, but hitting the ball, is what tennis players do. Even those ranked number one in their sport, which is what Maria Sharapova is, again, at the age of 25.
Just four years ago, it looked like she'd never return to top-level tennis, never mind win another championship.
She needed surgery on a recurring shoulder problem. It's the kind of injury that ends careers.
"I got injured at a pretty, you know, young age of 21," she reflected. "And that's usually not the age where you have to get shoulder surgery. And also not exactly an injury that I've known other players to come back from, especially in tennis."
Did she ever think she wouldn't make it back?
"No - yeah - the comeback wasn't continuous, that's for sure. Yeah, anyone, I think, in my team would tell you that. And not just with the event, but emotionally as well, because as a tennis player, you come - I mean, six days a week, you wake up and you try to go and practice and improve and get better, and that's taken away from you. And you start waking up in the morning. And I was like, 'Well, I'm so sick of putting casual clothes on. I wanna put my Nike stuff on.'
"So, at the end of the day, I was really missing that."
The clothing reference is not an accident. Sharapova's endorsement contracts contribute to her $25 million-a-year income.
Not just clothes, but bags, watches.
Being a top tennis player is one thing. Having super-model looks to go along with the talent makes her the hottest property on the market, in so many ways.
But the world's top-earning woman athlete says it's still all about the tennis.
"It's not my job to judge," she chuckled. "It's somebody else's. So you know, first and foremost, I just - I have a tennis racket and a ball, and that's what I'm good at."
It's all a long way from the seven-year-old little girl tennis prodigy who was brought to the U.S. from Russia by her father and who, as she grew older, showed the two qualities that would make her - skill, and a killer instinct.
"They saw how much I loved going out and competing against somebody. And I was never the one that liked to practice and hit millions of balls, even though I knew it was good for me. But when I saw somebody across the net, I just wanted to win. And I think that they -- they saw that, they saw the desire, they saw that I wanted, you know, that the passion I had for the sport, and they did everything they could to make me better."
How big a role did having a "tennis stage parent" have in making Sharapova as successful as she is?
"Well, at the end of the day, where are you gonna be without that driving force?" she responded.
Her father, Yuri, doesn't travel with her anymore.
There's a new man in her life - her fiance, basketball player Sasha Vujacic.
But Sharapova says she'll "probably wait a little bit" - perhaps until she's finished playing tennis - to get married.
So, at 25, she's done it all - and has more money than she can ever spend. Why go on? Does she love the game, or hate it?
"That's a tough question," Sharapova conceded with a laugh."There are so many things I love about it. I really do. But there are days where ... like I said, (I think), 'How many years are you gonna do this for?' But I don't think that you will see me so much around it in the daily life of the sport when I'm done."
And it's fun as long as you're winning?
"Well, that helps!" Sharapova replied, "but it's not always about the winning. It's sport, so... "

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505270_1...in;contentBody
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #4466
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's a new man in her life - her fiance, basketball player Sasha Vujacic.
But Sharapova says she'll "probably wait a little bit" - perhaps until she's finished playing tennis - to get married.

That wedding is getting pushed further and further back... not a bad thing, though - at least in my opinion - considering they'll be together for merely three years in October and have spent significant time apart.

So, he's still her fiance. Y'all calmed down, yet?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #4467
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Now the doubters will say; when was this interview made AND she says what she wants us to believe, she can invent/hide/act...
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #4468
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Now the doubters will say; when was this interview made AND she says what she wants us to believe, she can invent/hide/act...
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #4469
country flag MM_1257

Quote:
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #4470
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Don't laugh but... Sasha and I are Pisces - Hopelessly Romantic Fools... And I have been "eaten" by a Taurus before... maybe is a shear projection of my fears...

I am very happy now with a Libra...
Closed Thread