** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 296 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM   #4426
country flag imema

imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

http://www.modmods.com/fashion/it%E2...love-sharapova
imema is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM   #4427
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
This was posted in the videos thread,but I'll post it here too,Billie Jean King talking about Sharapova at 3:30 mark
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...nment-16614980
She said some really moving things
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 06:26 AM   #4428
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

Any interviews from last night??
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:09 AM   #4429
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Nice words from BJK.

Not sure when we'll get the interviews.
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM   #4430
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/c...nd-raiser.html
Quote:
Maria Sharapova backs Emily's Big Walk fund-raiser
Wimbledon star Maria Sharapova lends her support to charity project Emily's Big Walk, which will raise funds for children with cancer. The charity is in honour of Emily Bailes, the girl who tossed the coin when Sharapova won Wimbledon in 2004.Former Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova has given her support to a charity raising money in memory of Emily Bailes, a girl who died of cancer at the age of eight in March 2008.
In 2004, aged five, Emily tossed the coin at the Wimbledon championships final in the year that Sharapova won the women's singles title. In August and September this year, there will be 15 fund-raising walking events throughout the UK, called Emily's Big Walk, which will raise funds for children with cancer.
Emily’s Big Walk, organised by the Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group (CCLG) at the University of Leicester, will feature an Olympic-style ‘torch’ being passed along various routes around the United Kingdom.
Sharapova said of the project: "I am delighted that Emily's Big walk is taking place and such a fantastic fund-raising event is being held in Emily's name. I have very fond memories of Emily and the time we spent together, especially at Wimbledon in 2004. I know she fought her illness very bravely and the walk will be a testament to all children who have done the same and continue to do so every day. I wish all the walkers and fund-raisers lots of luck."
The 2012 French Open champion has personally donated two of her own Centre Court tickets for Wimbledon 2013 and also offered the auction prize of being able to meet Sharapova.
For full details of events and how to donate see emilysbigwalk.org.uk
The final destination of the “torch” will be the Barbican Centre in London for the start of the prestigious International Paediatric Oncology Society Meeting, being hosted by CCLG in London in early October 2012. Emily’s Big Walk will earlier have gone through 14 destinations, and among those joining in the walk will be Bill Bryson, the author of Notes From A Small Island and A Short History of Nearly Everything. Bryson said: "Emily's Big Walk is a tribute to all children diagnosed with cancer in this country. I'm delighted to be able to take part in the Newcastle leg."
Amanda Bailes, 44, said: "As Emily's mother, I'm hugely proud at what is being done in her name. I'm so grateful to everyone who has worked so hard to make the vision of Emily's Big Walk a reality."
CONTACT DETAILS
Emily's Big Walk (CCLG),
3rd Floor, Hearts of Oak House,
9 Princess Road West, Leicester, LE1 6TH.
Tel: 0116 249 4460
E-mail: info@cclg.org.uk
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM   #4431
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

Tarpischev tries to persuades Masha to play mixed with either Tursunov or Youzhny.
Other possibilites are Youzhny/Lena V or Youzhny/Nadia

http://www.championat.com/tennis/new...tursunova.html
Quote:
Тарпищев: есть шальная идея заявить на микст Олимпиады Шарапову и Турсунова

Президент Федерации тенниса России Шамиль Тарпищев рассказал о том, что состав российской пары для выступления на Олимпиаде в Лондоне в миксте пока не определён.

"Окончательное решение надо принять до 1 июля. У нас есть шальная идея включить в микст Шарапову — например, с Турсуновым или Южным. Трудность в том, что Мария всегда концентрируется на одиночном разряде, поэтому микст для неё не слишком желателен. Но может быть, на первой неделе Уимблдона удастся поговорить и решить этот вопрос.

Есть и другие варианты: Южный / Веснина или Южный / Петрова", — заявил Тарпищев в эфире "НТВ-Плюс".
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:59 PM   #4432
country flag graffite

graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold

http://www.thetennisspace.com/off-co...hy-british-tv/

Quote:
Maria Sharapova has told The Tennis Space that she has been relaxing before Wimbledon by watching “some trashy show called Benidorm” and by chatting to fans as she strolls around Wimbledon Village: “People come up to me to tell me that they’re so happy for me that I’ve been through bad times and got myself back up.”

Have you been watching any British television while you’ve been in London?
“I was watching some trashy show the other day. What was it called again? The Only Way Is Essex? No, it wasn’t that. Maybe I shouldn’t use the word trashy. It was about English people taking a vacation in Spain. Beni-something? Benidorm, that’s what it was called. Oh my gosh, it was good entertainment, but I don’t think I’m going to be buying the season.”

Do people come up to talk to you in the Village?
“People come up to talk to me and tell me how happy they are for me that I’ve been through bad times and got myself back up. You hope that people who come to talk to you have nice things to say, ha ha. If you don’t have anything nice to say, then it’s probably best not to say anything at all, ha, ha!”

Is this the happiest you’ve been during your career?
“The French Open was the most memorable moment in my career so far and it couldn’t have come at a better time in my life, career-wise. Life-wise, there are gifts you can have, such as being a mother. My career, at the end of the day, it’s been incredible.”

Maria Sharapova, Sam Stosur, Jamie Hampton, Sofia Arvidsson, Mona Barthel, Julia Georges, Ana Ivanovic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Camila Giorgi.
Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva
graffite is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM   #4433
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

You can tell even from the transcripts that she's super happy.
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:30 PM   #4434
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

ESPN's editors picks
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:14 PM   #4435
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Haha i watched an episode of the only way is Essex. Horrible stuff.

And lies. No way Queen Masha has been speaking to plebs.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 10:51 PM   #4436
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

So RG is more treasured now than the Wimbledon moment?

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 10:57 PM   #4437
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Some Masha quotes; in Russian. also about the bus, she said she was with friends, looking for a taxi, but that they got into the bus and she simply followed them and that it was fun, lots of laughs... And some other quotes, but I am too sleepy to translate... http://rsport.ru/tennis/20120623/602336914.html
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 11:55 PM   #4438
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Maria watching The Only Way Is Essex
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #4439
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

A good article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...?newsfeed=true

If anyone can light up Wimbledon on a grey day, it is Maria Sharapova, yet there will always be a hint of Russian melancholy about her, as if life some times is too good to be true and therefore should be treated with suspicion.

Certainly, it was as good as it can get in Paris earlier this month, from the morning midway through the French Open when she was asked if she would carry the flag for Russia in the Olympics, to that sun-blessed finish to the tournament, when she danced on the clay of Court Philippe Chatrier in celebration of her first title there, a win that returned her to No1 in the world for the fifth time and completed her set of four majors.

Sharapova, surely, is as well placed to win Wimbledon as anyone in this field of flickering failures and uncertain prodigies, yet, looking forward to her opening match against the 133rd-ranked Australian, Anastasia Rodionova, she says, "I always say if you think everything is great and you're feeling good, then you should be extremely worried."

With rain spitting lightly on the lawns, she spoke of the "many incredible messages" she received after beating the Italian outsider Sara Errani in two quick sets to win her first French Open in her first final at Roland Garros. "They were much more open, actually, than the ones I had previously, which was really nice. But I think I'll keep it to myself on who those are from.

"I was much more content with the way I felt [than after her previous slam wins], just more pleased. Before you're kind of like, 'Wow, this is amazing'.

"But I was really happily easy-going. I didn't feel like I needed a huge celebration. I was walking around for three days with the biggest smile. Then I got here and thought, I better get back to reality."

So, no champagne on the Champs-Elysées. She had already been thrilled, after all, by an unexpected request from her homeland. "I had to read the text message five times and read it to other people to make sure I got it correct. I got it in the morning after my third-round match, asking if I would [carry the Russian flag in London]. I didn't even know if that was a question but I was very happy to accept."

Her loyalty to Russia has never faltered, even though she left 18 years ago and lives an ultra-American life in Bradenton, Florida, a star graduate of the Nick Bollettieri tennis academy and grateful recipient of the state's sunshine and tax breaks. Nobody in the women's game earns remotely as much; Time magazine last year named her one of the "30 legends of women's tennis". On the Forbes world rich list of athletes released this week, Sharapova ranks 26th, the only woman, with total earnings over the previous 12 months of $27.9m ($22m of it in endorsements), just behind Lewis Hamilton and Wladimir Klitschko and ahead of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Wayne Rooney and Luke Donald inside the top 50.

Yet, through experience or inclination, Sharapova remains wary of life's gifts. Her parents fled the killing clouds of Chernobyl and, when they arrived in the US, her father washed dishes to support them until IMG anointed the precocious Russian starlet with their financial largesse. While the riches that followed were hard won, they arrived with the unwelcome whispers that, were it not for her blinding beauty, the numbers would be significantly smaller.

All she can do about that – as she has pointed out many times – is play her best tennis. What leavened the sniping was the shoulder injury that required serious surgery nearly four years ago and which threatened to bring all that glitter crashing around her.

"You go for a period of time where you feel good," she said, "and then there's a change, a change of weather, the ball is a little bit heavier, and then you feel it at times. It's [like that] to this day.

"But I'm much more aware of it and I know what to do. I am much more disciplined with the physical rehabilitation aspect of it. I just know it's something I'll have to do for the rest of my career. Sometimes when it feels better you're like, 'OK, I'm done.' It doesn't work that way, unfortunately."

She has managed her shoulder like an unwanted friend, a haunting relic that will not go away. Like leaving Russia, the operation was something over which she had no control. She hints that it was not altogether a success.

"I never had surgery before so I didn't really know [what it would be like]. I hoped for the best. The doctors and everybody were pretty optimistic. I guess that's what you pay them for, or part of it. But I don't know if they were always right."

It is losing control, then, that makes her sad. Maybe it is why she fights her emotions, on court and off. For someone who has everything, often she gives the appearance of having very little. Perhaps the sun will shine for her again over the next fortnight.

If Sharapova wins Wimbledon again – which is a distinct possibility rather than the mere hope it has been since her teenage victory, in 2007 – she is well-placed to take her tennis to a new level. For once, all around her in the women's game is uncertainty; for once, she is an island of calm.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4440
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Great articel but normally she does an interview in the house she rents with the Guardian/Telegraph every year. Guess they didn't get an invite this year