** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 263 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #3931
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Wow you should read the book description, its so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. Its kinda nice that that quote is what Mashed picked.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #3932
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

She was pretty elusive about the wedding date. Someone mentioned that she confirmed the day is Nov 10 in Istanbul in her iinterview. It was definitely not in this one. I can't stand rumours so I need to hear it from her.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #3933
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSV View Post
She was pretty elusive about the wedding date. Someone mentioned that she confirmed the day is Nov 10 in Istanbul in her iinterview. It was definitely not in this one. I can't stand rumours so I need to hear it from her.
I don't think she confirmed anything. If all those articles were true there is no reason why she would lie about not having the wedding date.
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #3934
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

March 29, 2012

M. SHARAPOVA/C. Wozniacki

4 6, 6 2, 6 4

An interview with:

MARIA SHARAPOVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Tough match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, absolutely. Long, tough. I'm really pleased that after losing that first one, being up and playing really well and then backing off and her stepping up, you know, I think I could have easily after losing a few straight games, just concentration went down I could have easily just went down in the second set.
But I really, you know, I stepped it up again. I went out there and started being aggressive. I didn't let I didn't stop, you know, after I put myself in a good position.
But, yeah, I'm extremely pleased that I pulled it out today.

Q. It appears that your mobility has improved. Do you feel that yourself, or is it just a perception that some of us have?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Movement out on the court?

Q. Movement, yeah.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's definitely something that I have worked on and always tried to build. That's a part of my game that I always felt like could be better over my career.
You know, when I, many years ago, played on the clay courts and would play one tough, long match, I'd have trouble recovering for the next one.
It was just always something that I've wanted to improve. With every year, I really feel stronger. Um, maybe the older you get, you know, the better you get at it.

Q. Did you feel like you were going for as much on your first serve as you usually do?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, you know, against someone like Caroline you're not going to get too many free points. She always retrieves so many balls back. She makes you hit a lot.
I think it's more important to be aggressive in the rally, you know, and off of the return and look for the spots and maybe get an opportunity to go for the second shot instead of, you know, trying to hit, um, you know, bombs against someone that is a good returner that's gonna make you hit a lot of balls.

Q. You have been in the final three times and lost every one of them. It's a strange statistic. Does that give you some extra incentive needed to get rid of that statistic?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, it takes something to get to the final. So of course it's always disappointing to lose in the finals, but it's um, it's part of the career.
I'm happy that I gave myself another chance to go out there and try to change that. Um, it would just be meaningful to me because I have come to this tournament for so many years, ever since I was a young girl. I have always just dreamt of playing on this court let alone being in the finals of it.
It would just be really meaningful to me.

Q. You mean you used to come as a spectator when you were younger?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I did. It was pretty much the only tournament I would come as a spectator, because I, you know, drove up from Bradenton four hours with my family and watch Marcelo Rios and Yevgeny Kafelnikov and Monica Seles. Yeah, we came every year.

Q. Going back to when?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: You mean how old I was?

Q. Yeah.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, maybe 13 or 12, 11. I'm not sure exactly.

Q. So the game plan of the day was just to be on the attack?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: The game plan? Well, I mean, she's someone that, like I said, she likes longer rallies, she prefers I mean, of course everyone prefers to have shorter points, but she's someone that makes you hit a lot of balls.
She can be out there for hours. She's extremely consistent. That's what got her to No. 1 in the world for so long.
That's not my game. I mean, I'm very when I play well, I'm an aggressive player. I go for my shots. I don't hesitate. You know, in the first set I stopped doing that a little bit. It gave her confidence to come back and win that first set.

Q. You're such an competitor. You seem so eager to compete. Are there ever times when you just don't have it in you and want to go out there and fight, get knocked down and get up, keep fighting, do what you gotta do?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Sure, of course. It's sport. There are many days sometimes you feel great in the warmup and everything, you feel physically good, and you just go out in the match and, you know, you feel a bit lost, low. You know, you're not you know, you don't have that jump about it, you know, that spring in your step that maybe you always do.
But that's you know, that's part of the sport. I mean, it comes with it. And it's actually days like that when it's almost a bit more meaningful when you're able to pull through and win those, and, you know, maybe not playing your best tennis, not being as motivated, to give yourself a chance to come back the next day or the day after and change that around.

Q. Next up, Bartoli or Radwanska, can you talk about the strategy possibly for them?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I haven't faced Bartoli in a while. You know, she's been playing really good. She's also an aggressive player. Stays down, goes for her shots, stays really low and hits the ball pretty flat. Quite different to, you know, my opponent today.
Radwanska is someone who is extremely solid, very again, gets many balls back, anticipates really well.
But, yeah. I mean, either one, I mean, it's the final, so I think it's more about really performing on your end than really worrying about what's on the other side of the court.

Q. That service game, it was starting to slip away a little bit.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It wasn't slipping away. She stepped up. She played two really good games.
You know, she went for her shots, you know, went for went for a lot more than she did in the whole match, and it paid off.
You know, you can't really worry about what she's doing. You have to keep doing what you did in order to get to that position.

Q. I was watching your Wimbledon final, the first one when you won, on Tennis Channel the other day. Do you ever watch that as sort of a bit of inspiration? I have forgotten how well you played in that match. Have you looked at the tapes at all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I haven't seen that one in a while, but I don't remember the last time where I sat down and watched a whole match of mine. (Smiling.)
I know that's really disappointing, and I'm sure my coach thinks so, as well. You know, he'd love to see me in the video room watching and observing. I have patience for 10, 15 minutes, but then I'm outta there.
I don't know. Of course it's good to see those moments and to see, you know, the way you played, but I'm not so much of a person that likes to look back. I'll have all of that to appreciate when I'm retired.
You know, I still have many more years in my career that I want to look forward to and not necessarily look back to.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #3935
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

From Facebook:

Quote:
Maria Sharapova
Hi Everyone! Wanted to tell you about a meaningful project that I was asked to be a part of..
Kate Winslet put a book together to support the Golden Hat Foundation, which focuses on helping people with autism. It features the “first words” of more than a hundred influential actors and musicians, including myself. Ok, I'm not an actor or a musician but I made it in the book...wahoo! Together we can give these individuals a voice and a meaningful life of their own. Its a beautiful book for you or as a gift.. Here’s the site www.goldenhatfoundation.org.

It is not often you get a personal email from someone so passionate about a project so I want to congratulate Kate on a wonderful idea and a beautifully finished product.
P.S...that hat needs a vacation after all the traveled miles!
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #3936
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2cruxs2 View Post
Q. I was watching your Wimbledon final, the first one when you won, on Tennis Channel the other day. Do you ever watch that as sort of a bit of inspiration? I have forgotten how well you played in that match. Have you looked at the tapes at all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I haven't seen that one in a while, but I don't remember the last time where I sat down and watched a whole match of mine. (Smiling.)
I know that's really disappointing, and I'm sure my coach thinks so, as well. You know, he'd love to see me in the video room watching and observing. I have patience for 10, 15 minutes, but then I'm outta there.
I don't know. Of course it's good to see those moments and to see, you know, the way you played, but I'm not so much of a person that likes to look back. I'll have all of that to appreciate when I'm retired.
You know, I still have many more years in my career that I want to look forward to and not necessarily look back to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #3937
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

if she ever will win a slam this year i bet this will be the last
Rerun is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3938
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
if she ever will win a slam this year i bet this will be the last
I don't think so at all.
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #3939
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I don't think so at all.
don't get me wrong, since Lena retired, there only Masha left for me in wta. Id be so sad in that case
but she is struggling with lot of things to keep that level since the shoulder injury and i guess shes spending a lot of mental energies
Rerun is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #3940
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

She faught really hard to be where she is today, she's not gonna retire if she wins a GS this year

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:01 AM   #3941
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

I am very sure she won't retire any time soon. She said she'd retire at an early age if she was as successful as Henin (she's not). Also I think winning a slam would add fuel to the fire not ignite it for someone like her. If she wins a 4th slam I'm sure her mentality would be like, 'oh hey a slam post-shoulder surgery, I can easily win more, I got this'
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:04 AM   #3942
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I love her so fucking much. It's actually unhealthy.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 03:00 AM   #3943
country flag hilluis

hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light hilluis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
I am very sure she won't retire any time soon. She said she'd retire at an early age if she was as successful as Henin (she's not). Also I think winning a slam would add fuel to the fire not ignite it for someone like her. If she wins a 4th slam I'm sure her mentality would be like, 'oh hey a slam post-shoulder surgery, I can easily win more, I got this'
Or... once she has achieved the slam and possibly no 1... she will feel satisfied that she did both after the shoulder surgery.. and will want to move on to different things, marriage, children, creative pursuits.
hilluis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 03:16 AM   #3944
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is very mature though. She knows she has all the time to enter the fashion industry and limited time playing tennis. She said herself, 8 years flew by for her. Another 4 years is something I think she can handle.

I'm just really convinced she'll retire at the age of 28. Just something about that number that seems so perfect for Maria's retirement. Not too young and not too old, perfect time to have a kid and be satisfied with the career she's built. but that's most liekly just me.

however, I am very convinced, based on interviews, past and present that she won't be retiring any time soon.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 03:55 AM   #3945
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Pova will retire no sooner than the 2016 Olympics. She missed the 2008 Olympics due to her shoulder and I feel that she will go for it again in 2016. But that's just my opinion.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread