** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 260 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #3886
country flag s teddy

s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

March 13
Quote:
M. SHARAPOVA/R. Vinci
6‑2, 6‑1

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Could have been dicey, but you seemed to control the match pretty well.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, she can be tricky because of that slice and very untraditional type of game. So if you're not really careful and consistent, I think she can‑‑ that's how she wins her matches is with really good hands. Sometimes she goes to the net more than maybe she did today.
But, yeah, overall I was pretty solid, and I think my pace didn't allow her to, you know, come forward as much as she would have liked. So I took that away from her.
Yeah, played good overall.

Q. During practice coming into the tournament, you obviously hit the ball well in Australia up until the final. Then maybe not so well a little bit after that. But what were you working on? Do you feel you have a rhythm and feel and all that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah. Leading up to the Australian Open, as I've mentioned, I didn't really have a proper offseason, so I felt like the stretch after Paris was gonna be a little bit like my offseason.
So, you know, I was healthy and I worked a lot on fitness actually first couple of weeks. Yeah, didn't spend a lot of time on the court, but treated it as an offseason, because maybe after Miami that will be the only really little break until all the everything else starts, the nonstop madness.
So it was a good kind of base building type of work that I tried to do.

Q. You had a situation in the previous match where everything was flowing so easily, and then suddenly you got a bit tight toward the end of the second set. When you get into the next round, a match like today where it's going so easily, do you think back, Wow, got a little tight in the previous one; when I'm in this situation I've really got to knuckle down and focus or do what? I don't know.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think it's just about realizing, knowing that you did something good to get in that position and just continue that. It's obviously easier said than done.
But it's really what you have to focus on, and as well as you can do that and continue that. And sometimes opponents start playing really well towards the end, especially when they're down, just because they have absolutely nothing to lose at that point and start swinging away and everything goes in.
You know, they're almost laughing out there. So it can get tricky, but if you just focus on like yesterday, yeah, it would be done.

Q. Dancing With the Stars, how do you think Martina Navratilova will do?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know if I'm a fan because I have almost practically never watched it, but I don't know. I don't really know what it takes to win that competition. Like is it a lot of practice or is it personality or is it‑‑ I don't know.
I mean, I'm sure it's all the dancing and stuff, right? (Smiling.)

Q. You think?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I do think. (Laughter.)
But isn't it like for people to vote or‑‑ yeah. I don't know. I'm not really big on that one.

Q. Would you ever go on a show like that if you were asked to?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, if I was asked right now it's absolutely not, and I hope I'd have the same answer in‑‑ I don't know, if I was asked in 10 years, I do not think that that's in my future.
Even though I like to dance and all, there's something about dancing in prom costumes in front of national television that just not very appealing to me. (Smiling.)

Q. Did lack of fitness actually hurt you in Australia? Because you played pretty well, great win over Kvitova. Or were you thinking in the final the footwork wasn't there? You weren't quick enough? Did you feel yourself getting tired?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it's tough to look back to that because that's over and said and done. I was actually really surprised that I got to that stage because I hadn't played for a while competitively.
So to go into a Grand Slam where you're just‑‑ there are so many ifs, you're not really sure. So I'm not gonna complain about getting to that stage and losing that way, but I will try to learn from that and move forward and change things around definitely.
That's hopefully the goal.

Q. When was the first time you met Kirilenko?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: A long time ago. Junior days. Probably under‑12s or 14s. I think it was Baden‑Baden in the Czech Republic.

Q. When you guys were playing against each other or were on a team or something?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't think we played against each other that tournament. I think we kinda just‑‑ I don't know what we were doing. We were, I don't know, running around Baden‑Baden like freely, like little girls out of control.
I don't know what you do at that age. But, yeah, we were enjoying ourselves.

Q. So you guys becamefriends? You might play her in the next round. So you became friends pretty quickly?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we did. When we were 12, yeah, we were‑‑ I don't know how it really came about, if somebody introduced us, but, yeah, we kind of hit it off.
We were the same age, and, yeah. Are we the same age?

Q. I think you're exactly the same age, 24.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Okay.

Q. Are you planning to play more Fed Cup this year?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not gonna play in April. That's always a really tricky time for me. I've never played at that time of the year, Fed Cup, just because I'm already in the States, and having to start so early in Europe and not coming home until after Wimbledon is a pretty long stretch.
But, yeah, that was‑‑ that's known, you know, from my side and from their side, as well.

Q. After the Olympics, if Russia makes the final, would you play?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Definitely in consideration. It just all depends on scheduling and health and where I am and how I feel.

Q. You know, both Petrova and Kirilenko very well; you have had a lot of matches with them.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uh‑huh.

Q. Can there be anything new in a match, or do you know each other so well it's basically going to be all execution?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: There are definitely no secrets going into the match. But, again, we haven't played each other in a really long time. We have practiced here and there but not competed for a few years now.
I believe Kirilenko, was maybe the Australian Open the last time I played against her, and Petrova even earlier than that. It's been a long time, and I think both of them are playing really well. Got to watch a little bit of both.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. It's always a tough matchup, Maria or Nadia. They have pretty big games. Maria is more consistent and gets a lot of balls back, is a good mover.
Nadia has a big serve and very aggressive. It will be important to be consistent either way.

Q. Did you finish 1984?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, yeah.

Q. Thoughts?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Rough and depressing.

Q. You didn't expect that, huh?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Every time I would say a word and look around and make sure nobody was following me. I got over that.

Q. But you liked it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, it opens your eyes, but then, like, three days later, I'm like... I don't know. It's like, what was it about? No. (Smiling.)
s teddy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #3887
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Also, who's Amy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I can't wait for her book too! And yes, who's Amy?
Probably the WTA communications supervisor who co-ordinates the interviews and pressers.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #3888
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Why on Earth WTA website is saying that Maria is to play Charleston when she clearly implies that she isn't and thank God for that.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #3889
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

M. SHARAPOVA/M. Kirilenko

3-6, 7-5, 6-2

An interview with:

MARIA SHARAPOVA

Q. She kind of came out firing a bit.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, she did.

Q. Took you a while to get back in there. There was that real critical game in the second set, and seemed like after you got that things switched again.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: She did start very well, but also it was a poor start from my end. I think she controlled most of the points and I was on the defense a lot. That created so many opportunities for her, and she gained so much confidence after that. Yeah, and she took the break in the second, and you know, was just trying to find my rhythm a little bit on everything, movement and playing wise, and a little by little I started feeling better. Towards the end I really got my groove back. So that was good.

Q. When she was called for that hindrance on that one point, tapping her racquet, did you notice that? Was that annoying to you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Unless you're deaf, I mean, of course you notice it. The whole stadium was quiet. So, yeah, it's not something I've ever come across. Maybe in the 12 and unders, but not very recently. Yeah, it's very rare.

Q. That also meant, Maria, did you notice when she hit the racquet on the ground three times?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, yeah.

Q. Oh, you did?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I mean, yeah. I think that's why the umpire stopped play.

Q. But did it really bother you, or did you just notice she did it and got ready again?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's one thing if you do it once, but I think she did it three or four times. That's a whole 'nother story. It's not like a hockey puck or something. She forgot, I think, the sport.

Q. Did you think at one time that you were going to lose the game?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, because I knew that I could have played better, you know. If I felt like everything was going so well from my end and she was just playing so good, then I would have felt like, Okay, well, she's just too good. But I really felt like I could improve on so many things during the match and change things around. Little by little, I started doing those things better.
But even the opportunities I had in the first set, she served extremely well. You know, she fired a few aces and opportunities where I had either 15/30 or break point, and, yeah, couldn't do too much with that. But then I also don't think I really played my game and really allowed her to play well.

Q. Both today and during your fourth round match, it took you a while to get into the game. The first few games you missed all the shots and so on. Have you thought about it? Do you think there is a particular reason, environment, you're more warmed up now?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I think, I mean, I had, I don't know if it was game points or even break points, in both of those matches, but I just didn't convert. Yeah, obviously it's not a best case scenario, but the matches before I started off pretty good. So, you know, sometimes it happens. Obviously you want to be up and you want to put yourself in a good position, but sometimes it doesn't go that way. It's, you know, not really how you start; it's how you finish.

Q. You go 4-2 in the second, and all of a sudden you're 5-5 and are able to get up to 7-5 and then pretty much take over. What's your mindset after you lose those two and then you get ahead to finish out the second set?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, well, when it ties to 1 All you still have a third set to play. So no matter how the momentum has switched around, you still know that it kinda starts from scratch again, which in a way is good, you know. She goes and takes, you know, like a five minute break and gets settled in again and it gives her an opportunity to think about things, and then you, you know, comes in and fires a forehand down the line return.
But, yeah, it's a new game. It's a new set. You really have to treat it like that no matter of course you have to take the confidence and the game that you played towards the end of the second set and think of the things that got you in that position to win it and changed things around and try to keep doing that.

Q. With all you've gone through coming back from an injury that maybe no one else has in the sport, what would it mean to you to become No. 1 again, Maria?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, it would be a great achievement. It's something that you dream of as a little girl, because when you're playing 12 and unders and you're moving on to the 14 and unders, your goal is always to be No. 1 in all those rankings and age groups. Actually, when I was, you know, playing all those junior tournaments I never quite reached that stage because I would always try to move to the next. If I was playing under 14s and I felt like I was doing really well, I would right away move up to under 16s and 18s and ITF and challengers. I don't think I actually became No. 1 in any of those areas, but then you get to a point where you're in professional tennis and you're like, Well, yeah, that's the goal, to be No. 1. So of course it would mean the world to me. I would love to be in that position, yeah.

Q. Where do you think your shot is? Do you think you have a pretty good chance now?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think anyone has a good chance. You know, I had a good chance at the end of the year and I sprained my ankle, so, I mean, I could say I have a chance and you never know what happens tomorrow. But, I mean, it's not something when I go on the court today or tomorrow, a week ago, that I really think about it. I think about winning matches, and I realize that the more matches I win, the better chance I'll have of getting that.

Q. Ivanovic says that what she remembers of the Aussie Open final last time you played was crying on a bad dropshot she had. Want to talk about some of your memories which are obviously more positive than that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: That's sad. (Smiling.)

Q. She was laughing, too.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Okay. Yeah, we haven't played for a while, and, you know, I think we're in both very different stages in our careers. She's been playing really well this week. It's good to see. I mean, we have had tough matches in the past; I'm sure that this one tomorrow will be tough, as well. But, yeah, I enjoy playing against her. She has a big game and big strokes, when she's on, she's really firing, you know, from all ends of the court. I'll try to have an eye on that.

Q. On a very serious topic, what's happening with the candy, Sugapova?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: What's happening?

Q. Yeah.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm working on the creative right now, the packaging.

Q. What kind of candy is it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's gumballs and all sugary stuff that is not necessarily the bestpost match meal. But it's been extremely fun, because I kinda took it in my own hands. Now I'm really working on making the creative and the packaging and the way it will look and the branding and the logo and all that creative stuff.

Q. Is that cool? Is it gonna be cutting edge design? Are you going to be on the packages?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I don't know. I'm not sure yet. I don't know if it will be me or we're brainstorming right now. Yeah, it will be a few different shapes and flavors. I think we'll start in a very limited amount and then branch out.

Q. What's the timetable for it to debut?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I really hope towards the end of the year it will be in stores. I hope so.

Q. Are you gonna share it with the press corps or not?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely. Max, my manager, had a few samples here and he was sharing it with everyone. He's like, This stuff is good, yeah.

Q. Were you talking to the chair ump about the spider cam?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it was moving around and I was wondering if they could just like keep it still for me.

Q. It doesn't remind you of Big Brother or anything?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. No, it didn't, but I noticed that it was moving from one end to another, and at one point I was, like, This is strange. Maybe it can just move to the side and stay there for the rest of the match.

Q. You seemed unusually subdued on court even when you won. Is it just kind of an all business attitude?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I mean, it was a double fault match point, so it's not like I'm gonna just do like a jumping jack or a cartwheel out there after someone double faults.

Q. Even when you were getting on a roll there you seemed businesslike. Is it just...
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I mean, was it different than other times?

Q. Nothing is weighing on you or anything like that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I wasn't really there for a part of the match, so I was really trying to get my thoughts together and collect it. That was really pretty much it.

Q. I wondered, for you, what was the biggest change that enabled you to ultimately take control of the match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: A few different things. I think I was much more consistent and I started moving a lot better. I don't know if I wasn't seeing the ball good in the first set. It seemed like when I had my opportunities to move forward I was always on it was like I took an offensive ball and made it defensive for some reason. That's the way it felt like, at least.
I don't know how it looked like, but it wasn't really I mean, I'm not going to be going to the net every single ball, but I wasn't moving forward and taking advantage of a good deep shot that I hit. I felt like I started doing that a lot better, you know, and not giving her so many open looks and just stepping in and being more aggressive.
And, yes, maybe I might make a few errors, but maybe I'm doing what I do best. I might make a few more unforced errors, but I know that that's what I'm good at. And if she can beat me when I'm playing like that, then that's too good.

Q. Is it of concern you played for three hours? You seem pretty fresh.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It was a long time. I don't know if it was like the breaks or in between the sets or I don't know. It didn't seem as long as it actually was.

Q. So physically...
MARIA SHARAPOVA: There was a lot going on in the match, I guess. Like the injury timeout, the break, it seemed like that added another like 35 minutes to the match.

Q. In between the second and third set?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, and then the injury break. It seemed like there was so much going on, but I actually thought tennis wise and I think most of us probably took most of the time we have in between points. So that probably makes it longer. But it didn't seem actually that we were like having 30 ball rallies and nonstop for three and a half hours.

Q. Playing the same player so many times all these different tournaments, how much of a motivating factor can revenge be for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, definitely. You mean against Maria today or just in general?

Q. Her and in general.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, for sure. When you play against someone that you've faced the previous time and you lost to especially you always think about that match and you certainly want to get your revenge. That was definitely on my mind going into the match. I certainly didn't want to lose to her twice. But, yeah, it's just looking at it like, Well, I'm facing somebody that has either beaten me, had a really tough match against, so what am I going to do to change those things around in my favor.

Q. Are you conscious about it being a factor on your opponent's side, as well? You and Ivanovic haven't played since the Australian Open final.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not sure. I think everyone has a different feeling and perspective in the way their process is either before or during the match. So everybody's different.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #3890
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks- decent questions I reckon for a post match presser. No 'hows the shoulder' if ya know what I mean.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #3891
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Thanks- decent questions I reckon for a post match presser. No 'hows the shoulder' if ya know what I mean.
There isn't any room for the shoulder question now that Maria is a strong No. 2 in the world.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #3892
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

get some sugarpova in my mouth plz

on a more serious note: I love that she still believes in herself. I really do have hope that one day she'll find the game she once had. Her game is still improving, and it's very noticeable after each off season.
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #3893
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Maria saying that revenge can be a powerful motivator You just gotta love her
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #3894
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

still no post-match interview after the sf? wanna know what she said about why she looked so bored yesterday.
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #3895
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gociku View Post
still no post-match interview after the sf? wanna know what she said about why she looked so bored yesterday.
She looked more sick to me than bored.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #3896
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

March 16, 2012

Maria Sharapova

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

M. SHARAPOVA/A. Ivanovic
6‑4, 0‑1 (ret.)

Q. Before Ana was hurt, seemed like it was a high‑quality match.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, definitely. It was unfortunate that it had to end this way. I thought towards the end of the second set we started playing really good, high‑quality tennis.
Yeah, it was a surprise, because I thought‑‑ I didn't notice anything was wrong until she called for that medical timeout, and then...
Yeah, obviously I would have loved to have finished the match the right way, but I am happy after, you know, a long match yesterday that I got a little shorter one today.

Q. You'll get an opportunity now to play Victoria in the next one and try and go for revenge from January.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah.

Q. Can you talk about that a little bit, coming off of that loss?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, absolutely. She's definitely the one to beat right now, someone that's playing with a lot of confidence and all the momentum in the world.
You know, I'd love to get my revenge from Australia and play much better, as well. You know, in our previous meetings we have had really tough matches, and I hope that the quality of tennis will be good and hopefully change a few things around.
But it's nice to, you know, have that opportunity again and to be in the finals of this tournament.

Q. Do you have tactical changes in mind for what to do differently against her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I mean, I think there are a few things that I could have done better from, you know, the previous match. I'll hope to improve those in our meeting on Sunday.
But, yeah, of course, you know, when things don't work out, you obviously try to adjust to the circumstances and figure out what didn't work and what can work better.

Q. When you kind of did the post‑match after Australia and kind of came out with the game plan, the tactics to bring forward to this match, what were the key things that you really thought maybe kind of hampered your game, was it just a bad day, that sort of thing?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: You know, I was actually really extremely happy to be at that stage in Australia, because coming into the tournament I wasn't sure what to expect.
So I tried not to take too many negative things out of it and really look at the positives of where I had come from before, not playing competitively for a while and going into a Grand Slam and getting to the final.
Yes, of course it's tough to lose, and she played, you know, really well. But you have to move forward and not look at too much in a negative way.

Q. After perhaps a tricky start, your serve looked about as good as I think what we've seen for a very long time. Is that something that you think is really coming around?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, yeah, that's obviously very important against her. She's someone, you know, that likes to attack from the first ball, and if you give her too many second serves to look at I think she'll obviously gain confidence from that, and, you know, go for a more.
That's what she likes to see, is to step in and be aggressive. So it's very important to‑‑ it was very important to serve well.

Q. How do you make the decision whether or not to wear your visor during night matches?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It depends. Usually if I wear it at nice usually it's because it's really humid and I'm sweating a lot. I don't like to wear headbands anymore. I did it a long time ago.
But if I do wear a visor at night, it's usually because of the sweat.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #3897
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
get some sugarpova in my mouth plz

on a more serious note: I love that she still believes in herself. I really do have hope that one day she'll find the game she once had. Her game is still improving, and it's very noticeable after each off season.
Though, she didn't have an off-season this year at least not a proper one which she has stated herself. I am so pissed at her for playing Istanbul and making her ankle injury more serious!
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #3898
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Q. Can you talk about that a little bit, coming off of that loss?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, absolutely. She's definitely the one to beat right now, someone that's playing with a lot of confidence and all the momentum in the world.
You know, I'd love to get my revenge from Australia and play much better, as well. You know, in our previous meetings we have had really tough matches, and I hope that the quality of tennis will be good and hopefully change a few things around.
But it's nice to, you know, have that opportunity again and to be in the finals of this tournament.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3899
country flag ~MashyOwnThemAll

~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold ~MashyOwnThemAll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry. View Post
WTF is your problem?! She won 5 games this time...
~MashyOwnThemAll is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3900
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MashyOwnThemAll View Post
WTF is your problem?! She won 5 games this time...
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread