** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 224 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #3346
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Now that's what we love to hear
Makes me so happy. Hopefully no more nightmare injuries for her.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #3347
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Schedule : Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1. Stosur vs Azarenka
2. Sharapova vs Na Li
3. Wozniacki vs Zvonareva
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #3348
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...492962,00.html

Quote:
Maria Sharapova

On making the year-end finale for the first time since 2007...

"It means a lot. The last couple of years at this time I was sitting on the beach, and now I have another tournament, so I'm quite excited about it. When you start off the year this is one of the biggest goals in terms of knowing you're playing well, playing consistent and playing tough. I'm coming in without a lot of matches because of the ankle injury in Tokyo, so I want to enjoy it."

On saying earlier in her career she might stop playing at age 25...

"I love this sport too much. I really love what I do. For me to have said I'd stop at 25 - maybe when you're 17 you think that's a long time, but here I am at 24 and I feel as energized and motivated as ever. It has obviously been a tough couple of years but I've really improved this year. I see a lot of motivation in myself, practicing and playing. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon."
So happy to hear Maria is motivated to have a long career

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #3349
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

" It did take me a while to get going," Sharapova said. "It's obviously tough to come back after a month and compete at this level. But the good thing is that I gave myself a chance, and I did everything I could to even be here. And it's good that I have a couple of matches to go. I think I have time to improve."

"She was much more explosive than I was and she used her slice really well and it stayed quite low on the court," Sharapova said."It is our first meeting indoors if I am not mistaken. She played really solid and really well and moved extremely well around the court and made me hit another ball."

Good Luck against Li Mash
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #3350
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

What a positive thinking girl, totally admirable.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #3351
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys , I just wrote an article which previews the Day 2 of the WTA Championships.
Here is the Sharapova's part:

Quote:
2. (2)Maria Sharapova(RUS) vs (5)Na Li(CHN)

Head to Head- Sharapova leads 5-3

Can a rusty Maria Sharapova bounce back?
Sharapova came into Istanbul with hardly any matches under her belt due to an injured ankle.With no real match play, a rusty Sharapova went down easily to someone she had never lost to before. On the other hand, Li Na has been completely out of form since winning her first slam this year in Paris. She is yet to win 3 continuous matches at a tournament since the French Open(Her only 2 continuous wins at a tournament were at New Haven) and losses to players like Monica Niculescu(Beijing), Simona Halep (US Open) and Petra Cetkovska(New Haven) have put a big question mark on her form coming into the year-ending Championships. Yet,she has beaten Sharapova in all of their last 3 meetings although none of them were on hard courts.(Sharapova is 3-0 H2H on hard).Even though Sharapova was rusty against Stosur,she seemed to get some of the form back as the match progressed and given her record at the Championships, the Russian should be the favorite going into the match. Both players will be making a lot of errors ,but Sharapova should prevail in 3 tough sets.

Prediction: Sharapova in 3 sets.
You can read the full article Here: http://www.sportskeeda.com/2011/10/2...day-2-preview/
Do read!

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #3352
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Nice! Well written.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #3353
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #3354
country flag imema

imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light

October 24, 2011

Maria Sharapova

ISTANBUL, TURKEY

THE MODERATOR: She is 24 years old with 24 career singles titles, including three majors, Wimbledon, and Australian Open.
Good morning, Maria. Please welcome our 2004 champion, Maria Sharapova.
Do we have our first question, please.

Q. You always said that you believed in yourself to get back after that dreadful injury you had. But given that very few players ever do so from that type of injury, you're back now to world No. 2 and playing in the year-end Championships for the first time in three years. Does a little bit of you think, I'm amazed at what I've done?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely. This is a big stage to be at. This is the tournament where, you know, when you start off the year it's certainly one of the biggest goals in terms of knowing that if you're playing well enough, if you're consistent enough, if you're tough enough, you're gonna make it.
It means a lot. You know, the last couple of years at this time I was sipping a margarita on the beach, and now I have another tournament. So I'm quite excited about it.
You know, it's that last go of the year, and I look forward to it. Obviously I'm coming in with not a lot of matches and the ankle injury in Tokyo, so I really just want to enjoy it.

Q. It may be difficult to compare, but has it taken more resources and effort and ability from you to get back to world No. 2 than it did originally as a younger woman to get up to world No. 1?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Through most of my career it was -- you know, when you're young and you're up and coming, every little step that you take forward is, you know, you're just happy about it. It's new. You're getting the experience. When you're moving up, every part is just exciting.
And then, you know, when you have that dip and you see yourself out of the game for a little bit, you know, you almost forget what it's like to just keep moving forward, because that was kind of part of the norm.
You know, you just go from every tournament. You win some, you have some tough losses, but you just keep going. When that's kind of at a standstill and you have to start from scratch, that's always difficult.

Q. Yesterday there was a big earthquake in Turkey with many casualties. I'm just wondering if you had an opportunity to reflect on that.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah. Um, I think, you know, sitting here as a tennis player, I think -- I mean, everyone in this room and whatever their job is, I think it gives us an opportunity to sit down and say, We're very, very lucky and fortunate to be doing what we're doing.
You know, these things that happen around the world, you just never know where it can happen. I mean, this was only a few hours from here. Obviously we're very saddened by the news.
You know, I received many phone calls and e-mail asking if everyone here was okay just because of the uncertainty of it all.
Yeah, the first thing is obviously recovery.

Q. When you look around to the other players here between the eight players who are here, which one you miss? Which one do you thought must be here and is not? Which one is the biggest surprise for you, your eyes?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not sure. Whoever is here deserves to be here no matter if they're, you know, if they -- there are times of the year where they performed well. I don't think anyone here you can't lie about their results. They're here for a reason.
So no matter if they're the first person that got in, the last person that made it, they have been playing extremely well this year.

Q. Can you just give us an update on the ankle?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, ankle is doing much better. I'm in a much better situation than I was coming off that match in Tokyo, and, you know, I've progressed really well. I would say I probably wouldn't have gotten back on the court as soon as I did if it wasn't for this event.
But I'm doing well. I mean, I -- yeah. You forget how nice it is to walk normally.

Q. How would you rate it percentage-wise and what did you do to rehab it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: A lot. I was doing treatment four times a day. You know, my trainer and I, I think, are a little sick of each other right now.
But it's a process. It's part of the life. You never know when these things happen, and I was fortunately I didn't have any major damage, just a few little things that I had to be careful about in the beginning. And you never -- I think everyone's body reacts differently, and I was just fortunate it wasn't as major as it could have been.
So, yeah.

Q. Just on No. 1, you're one of three or four players that has a shot here to take the year-end No. 1. Where does that rank in your mind, and how much is that a motivation or is it sort of on the back burner?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Tough to talk about that, especially coming off of the injury in Tokyo, not even knowing if I'd be able to compete for the rest of the year.
I think I'm just fortunate enough to say that I'm here and I'm gonna be competing. That, to me, is a big accomplishment by itself.
So whether it's No. 1 or 2, whatever it is, I'm very pleased that I made it here and that I have a chance to compete and do well.

Q. During a woman match, there are so many ups and downs, even when a match finish 6-2, 6-3. This is the exciting part of the game. A lot of people, they watch you because they never know how it will be finished.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Thank you.

Q. How do you explain that? Is it because the gap between the players is so close? Is because is very, very tough, the pressure, or whatever?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it's the uniqueness of a match situation. You can be on the court for an hour, you can be on the court for two hours, even longer, and it's just you and your opponent.
The reality about it is that it's pretty tough to maintain the highest level throughout that whole time. Mentally and physically you're gonna have a few dips and you're gonna have points and shots that you miss that maybe you wouldn't normally.
It's all about how you recover and come back from that and how you -- and really how you finish. You can have a slow start and you can have a slow middle. But if you finish well and if you win the match maybe sometimes not playing your best, sometimes it's that, that means a little bit more.

Q. Back in 2008 in Beijing, Olympic Games in tennis, gold, silver, and bronze medal went to Russia: Dementieva, Safina, and Zvonareva. Now we have, next year, we have London games in 2012. What's your opinion about Olympics? Do you want to represent your country there?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely. It's been one of my biggest goals. Since I was a kid, you know, growing up in Russia, tennis wasn't, you know, the biggest sport in that country at that time.
It was more the Olympic sports of hockey and figure skating. I actually grew up watching those sports on TV a lot more than I watched tennis.
It was huge for our country to represent, be part of the Olympic parade and be part of all the athletes. And even though in tennis we represent our country on a daily basis, I don't think it's the same feeling that I will have when I compete next year in London.
You know, I was very disappointed to miss it in Beijing. That was one of my biggest goals. Yeah, to be an Olympian will mean a lot to me.

Q. Welcome to Turkey and Istanbul.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Thank you.

Q. Turkey is not actually totally a tennis country, but if you ask the Turkish people in the streets what the tennis means, maybe they answer about tennis means Sharapova. What do you say about that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: (Smiling.)
I think the good thing that, about, you know, Turkey not having, you know, a lot of tennis events in the past is that I think this is a big step forward. This is one of the biggest tournaments for us, and for it to be brought to Istanbul in one of the fastest-growing cities in the world I think is a big achievement, you know, not just for us as tennis players but for the country itself, for the young girls and boys that are growing up that have watched the sport on TV that haven't had the opportunity to watch this type of tennis.
I think it's a much different experience seeing it live and seeing the emotions and the physical aspect of the sport than it is watching it on TV. And I really hope that that brings so much to this country, because I -- I mean, all of the girls that are playing here really believe in our sport and what we do, and we really love it. We hope that we can bring that excitement to the country of Turkey.

Q. What are your impressions of Istanbul? You're well-traveled.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, we're kind of on the outskirts of Istanbul, so in order to get into Istanbul you really have to go through a lot of traffic. I haven't had too much time to visit, because as soon as I came here I've just tried to train as much as I can in, you know, really my first few practices here that I had since the injury. So it was really about tennis for me.
But as far as the everyday life, I've been able to experience it normally in a way, because my fiancé lives here right now. So it's been nice not to have to be in a hotel-type environment and kind of get to know the local spots and things like that.

Q. By the way, is that where he plays, the stadium?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we've taken it away from him, from them.

Q. Any tips? Have you been over here? You've practiced there, right?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we have. It was the first time he actually saw the stadium was at my practice. He was a little disappointed. It's a beautiful stadium.

Q. Do you think you will have time to watch a basketball game this week or next week?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe -- I'm not sure about this week, but I did yesterday. Yeah. I watched the Turkish League game. They won, yes.

Q. It's not so long ago that you were saying that you were pretty sure that you would stop tennis by the age of 25. That's not so far away now.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not sure I said 25. I just said I wouldn't be playing at 40. (Laughter.)

Q. In view of all that you've achieved, have you pushed the horizon of your tennis career a bit further away?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I love this sport too much, and I really love what I do. For me to say that I'm gonna stop when I'm 25 -- I mean, maybe when I was 17 and you say 25, wow, that's, you know, that's a long time. You know, here I am at 24, and I feel as energized as ever, motivated.
It's obviously been a tough couple of years, but this year, you know, I've really -- I've improved. You know, I see a lot of motivation myself whether I'm practicing or playing. And I don't see my self stopping any time soon.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
imema is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #3355
country flag imema

imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light imema is a glorious beacon of light

October 25, 2011

Maria Sharapova

ISTANBUL, TURKEY

S. STOSUR/M. Sharapova
6-1, 7-5

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Maria, please.

Q. It had been probably about a month since your last match. Did it take you some time to get into the rhythm of the match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, absolutely. There's no doubt that Sam started off the match really well and played really good, you know, throughout the match.
Um, yeah, it did take me a while to get going. I certainly had my chances in the second set, and, um, you know, was up a break and had a few more break points to go up 4-love and to change things around, but unfortunately, um, you know, I didn't convert that.
Yeah, it's obviously tough to come back after a month and, you know, compete at this level, but the good thing is that, you know, I gave myself a chance and I did everything I could to even be here, which was a question a couple of weeks ago.
So in a way, you know, I'm happy that -- the good thing is I still have a couple of matches to go and I have that time to improve. Yeah, this is just the beginning of it.

Q. You had had such a good record against Sam in the past with nine in a row. What do you think she did better tonight than in the past, or perversely what you didn't do so well?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, if I had to compare both of us today, I think she was much more explosive than I was, and, you know, she used her slice really well today and it stayed quite low in the court.
It was our first meeting, I believe, indoors if I'm not mistaken. She just played really solid and really well and moved extremely well around the court and made me hit another ball. And maybe I just went for a little too much and wasn't as consistent as I should have been. So those things.

Q. How did you feel your own movement was in the match? And the court I guess is kind of sticky to begin with.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it's certainly not as good as it can be, but that's the way it is. I mean, I have certainly done everything I can to improve that and to get that back.
Obviously the first the goal is to try to play as pain-free as you can, and then you have to play a high level of tennis. So when you try to combine those things in a short period of time, obviously that's the biggest challenge.
But, you know, it is the way it is.

Q. Are you having to make adjustments because of the ankle and, you know, going for more or changing your strategy at all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, not really changing my strategy. I'm sure since it was my first match, even without really thinking about it, I'm sure in a way you protect a few things here and there, but it's normal. It's not like -- it's nothing really new. I think just the body has to get used to playing again.

Q. Do you think physically you're okay to play tomorrow's match against Li? What's your approach to that match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, absolutely. You know, I came into this tournament, and, you know, like I have said, I have done everything I can to play at my best.
You know, today was certainly not my best, but tomorrow I have another chance. And again, I'm playing a tough opponent, and there's no question that I'll have to step it up and play better than I did today if I want to win.

Q. I think you mentioned already Sam played with probably a bit more tactical nous than she might have done in the past against you. Is that fair to say?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: She's just really quick around the court, and you think her shots had a lot more pop on them than mine did. I think she was really able to step in and be aggressive. That's when she plays her best.
And, you know, I also didn't see a break point until, um, I think it was the second set, which is, you know, quite rare. I think I was just -- I mean, she was serving quite well and mixing it up really well, but I think I was really late and not reacting as fast as I could.

Q. When did you actually make the call to play here? When did you give it the green light?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: About a week ago. Yeah.

Q. And what sort of court time and physical training time have you been able to put in in the last month?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: The last month?

Q. Yeah, since the injury.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, just since -- I mean, I have been here probably a week and a half. That's when I really started training on court, yeah.

Q. How long are you staying in Istanbul, the longest your stay in Istanbul? This time or some other?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, this is the longest stay, for sure.

Q. How do you like Istanbul?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I haven't really had a chance to visit too much of it, because I have just, since I got here, I just really -- you know, with all the treatment and trying to get myself on the court, it's been pretty -- you know, treatment in the morning going on the court, treatment right after. Then doing a little bit of work and fitness and strength on it, and then like treatment in the evening.
So really it's been just focusing on trying to get myself back on the court, which is the most important thing. And after the tournament I will get a chance to visit and sightsee and do those things.

Q. How was the first day, Tuesday atmosphere here, compared to the other Championships you have appeared in?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Pretty incredible. Yeah, I mean, to see I think it was like about 10,000 people out there, so enthusiastic and you never quite know what to expect when you come to a new place and a new city at an event like this.
And I think that the attention that the tournament has got and the respect that the players have received has been really incredible. It's really nice to see.

Q. Can you talk about the condition of the court? Do you think it has something to did with your loss today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: The condition? What do you mean?

Q. The court. Agnieszka said it's pretty slow. It's hard for her to, you know, keep the ball around, to hit the ball. I just want to know how you feel.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think if there is any court that Radwanska likes, that's slow. So I'm not sure what the complaint is about. (Laughter.)

Q. Stacey mentioned yesterday that she would quite like to possibly see the women's year-ender and the men's year-ender taking place at the same time. Have you got any thoughts or preferences on that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It would definitely be nice to see, but I think right now our schedules are pretty far off. They have another couple of weeks until they play the Champs, so, yeah, unless they make some drastic schedule changes, I don't see that happening, you know, very soon, as we've already got a pretty set schedule knowing we'll be here the next two years on these dates.
But that would be nice. I think that would be a lot more fun for the fans to see the men and women together, yeah.

Q. Just in general, you have been working with Thomas Hogstedt for almost a year now. How is your collaboration? Is it kind of both of you working together? Are you the boss? Is he the boss? How does it work?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, obviously when you hire someone, if you want to be the boss, then you don't hire someone.
But, yeah, it was a big change for me. I worked with a coach for many years, and, you know, before the season started I made a few changes with a new coach and my racquet, and I think those things really helped me and benefited throughout the year.
Obviously it's a different change, but I've really enjoyed it. He's brought a lot of positive energy into my practices and to my matches and really believes in my work and my game. It's nice to see.

Q. Were you surprised Sam could turn it around? Because Sam is supposed to have some kind of a mental hurdle against you. After 3-Love down she managed to get back. And how crucial was that fourth game where you had some chances?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, absolutely it was a very crucial game. It's a different ball game when it's 3-1 or 4-0 serving. But, you know, like I said, that was really the chance, a good chance that I had in the match to change things around, and I just didn't quite follow through with that.
But, yeah, I guess tomorrow is a new day and I feel I can change things around.

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #3356
country flag imema

October 26, 2011

Maria Sharapova

ISTANBUL, TURKEY

N. LI/M. Sharapova
7-6, 6-4

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Maria, please.

Q. We just got word that you're withdrawing from the tournament. Can you talk about the injury and all that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah. You know, the ankle didn't recover as well as I had hoped after the first round. You know, the swelling got a little worse. It just limits my movement a lot, and it's not something I really want to risk, especially, you know, at the end of the season, knowing that I, you know, have some time to recover and let it heal naturally instead of really pushing it, you know, and damaging something else.
But, yeah, you know, I came here with -- I didn't really have any expectations because I never quite had -- never really had that type of injury before.
I tried to push it as much as I can, but I think at this point it was just maybe a little too soon.

Q. Any regrets about trying to play here?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, not at all. You know, I came here. I started training. I put my mind to it, and, you know, I did everything I could. There's nothing -- you know, there's not one more thing that I could have done.
I mean, I maybe could have done quicker type of healing things or some type of anti-inflammatory shots, but I'm not really that type of girl. You know, I like to let things heal naturally, and I think it's just -- it's time. Every injury requires a different amount of time. I think with the way I sprained it and the amount of swelling I got so fast, it was just a little too soon.

Q. Obviously probably not how you wanted to end the season, but can you just characterize how the season has gone for you? And also talk about -- I think Caroline has probably wrapped up the No. 1 ranking for the second year in a row as a result of your withdrawal.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, obviously disappointing to end it this way. But, you know, I have no regrets. You know, I started the year I think barely in the top 20, and, you know, I don't know what I'll be at the end of the year, but I definitely progressed from last year and I've improved and my game has stepped up.
I still feel like going into next year there's so many things that I can improve that can make me better. It's just something I look forward to when I start training again.

Q. And Caroline?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, yeah, it's an incredible achievement to stay at that position for so many weeks. She's just been, you know, so consistent and has been able to stay healthy and play so many tournaments.
I mean, that's a great effort.

Q. When are we likely to see you again on court? What's your sort of pre-Australia plan?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I believe it's Brisbane. Yeah, that will be my first one.

Old Oct 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #3357
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously my heart almost caved in when i saw that retiring at 25 part. So happy she loves the game too much to walk away too you. I couldn't see her making a comeback if she did retire at 25 and that is why i/we cannot lose her now. Love the bitch too much, slay in 2012 maria. Can see a good aussie.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #3358
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

I'd say 3 more years for her.

Retiring at 28 seems to be a decent finish to her amazing career.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #3359
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Decided to visit the Bazaar today but sadly it was closed and I ended up at the next best shopping thing...a mall with a scoop of ice cream in hand. Yes just one scoop everyone! Two scoops? Me? No! Ok maybe one and a half.
Looking forward to the next couple weeks...so many things to do, so little time!!

why does she always seem less upset about her loses than we are?

I'm glad that she didn't stop with the updates since it's off season. Surprised she didn't say something about her season.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #3360
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she would tell the world publicly how upset or sad she is about tennis, on FB honestly I think it's better this way, I'm just glad too she's still updating.
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread