** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 157 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM   #2341
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

How does she even win with those stats though? Winner count should be slightly higher.. or her opponent was probably really, really bad and she stepped it up.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2011, 07:19 PM   #2342
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Remember its clay, so higher UE to Winners is the norm
atominside is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:58 PM   #2343
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
How does she even win with those stats though? Winner count should be slightly higher.. or her opponent was probably really, really bad and she stepped it up.
here is a view from a different perspective:

Posted by Arantxa's fan on May 1, 2011 at 7:26 AM comments (1)

Quote:
An inspired Maria Sharapova defeated Aran 2:6 ; 6:3 ; 6:2 in the first round of the Mutua Madrid Open. Arantxa was unable. to reproduce her fantastic recent form and the Russia brilliantly and experience took advantage, triumphing in two hours.

Arantxa started great, without fear and soon she was leading with one break. She managed to keep that advantage and to lead 1:0 in sets.

But then, Arantxa was in a shadow of the player who won three Grand Slam titles so far. She made a sluggish start and was broken.. 9th-ranked Sharapova, on the other hand, played superbly. She hit to each corner of the court and often moved in to swat away and took first of three break points to equal result in sets - 1:1.

Though Aranntxa saved two match points with , but Sharapova earned her victory thanks to her consistent brutal hitting, and a first serve strike rate of 61 per cent.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:17 AM   #2344
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

You'd have to assume over half of those UEs came from set 1 alone...
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:38 AM   #2345
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria's serve has to be in a high note today against a GOAT serving Makarova or she will be dead meat .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:31 AM   #2346
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Or she really has to focus on her ROS today, can't mess up too much
goldlion is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:47 PM   #2347
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maria Sharapova serving in Madrid with the new HEAD INSTINCT racquet
May 2nd, 2011

At the Madrid WTA Masters event Maria Sharapova, the newest arrival to the HEAD pro-player team, premiered the new HEAD YouTek IG INSTINCT racquet in her first round victory over Arantxa Rus.

The Russian 2004 Wimbledon champion Sharapova played a key on-court role in the development of the new HEAD INSTINCT Series, which promises club and professional players ‘Effortless Power’. <--- Tbh, I was about to say how effortless Masha's strokes look compared to Makarova.

“The game became a lot more powerful, a lot more physical”, Maria Sharapova admits. “I was really looking for a powerful racquet, and am thankful that HEAD provided me with exactly that", she commented on her new weapon. HEAD CEO Johan Eliasch is pleased with the contribution from the newest addition to the HEAD stable. "Maria gave a lot of input to help develop this new series of racquets. We are proud that she joined our team and trusts our products."

The YouTek Instinct IG series launches in two versions, the MP and the S model. Both will allow players to create power in their strokes much easier, due to better manoeuvrability of the racquet during the swinging movement and less energy loss at ball impact. They also feature HEAD's innovative Innegra™ technology, which reduces vibration on ball impact and allows for more control.

The new HEAD Instinct racquets will also be played also by ATP Tour players going forward, and will be available in Retail worldwide from August onwards.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM   #2348
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

This racquet is anyways seeming to help her a lot talking about serve

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:52 PM   #2349
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

August? That long? I'm looking for a racquet and I was going with Head Youtek IG Speed Elite but this one sounds interesting too.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM   #2350
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

It looks great hope Masha wins a bunch of titles with it
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:12 AM   #2351
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Maria's FB

Quote:
Two tough matches, but glad to get through!! I am really enjoying my time at the Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open. Not sure if you guys noticed but my brand new Head racket is finally ready! I premiered it during my 1st round match. I worked really close with Head on this, they really did a great job. We are calling it the YouTek IG Instinct, I love the design. For more info click here
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...38.22253026387
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:17 AM   #2352
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...740528123.html

Quote:
It ain’t over for Sharapova

Thursday, April 28, 2011
By Guillaume Baraise

Love her or hate her, Maria Sharapova is one of the stars of women's tennis. You may not like her affectations of glamour and pretention, but the Russian is a force to be reckoned with out on court. Despite being around for the best part of a decade, she is still only 24, but her career has been blighted by persistent shoulder injuries. The former world no.1 now seems to be returning to something like her best however, and is targeting a fourth Grand Slam crown. "If I do win another it would be worth even more than the previous ones because there was a time when I thought that I would never be able to play tennis again," the Siberian recently admitted.

And what if she surprised us all and returned to the Grand Slam winners' circle at Roland Garros? When you take into account the shoulder operation she underwent in October 2008, which eventually saw her slump to 126 in the world rankings by 18 May 2009, her relatively poor performances at the French Open (her best result in eight attempts being a semi-final appearance in 2007) and her deeply-held mistrust of clay, then she is far from being one of the favourites to lift the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen on June 4. Her most recent tournament win did come on red dirt, but that was back in May 2010 in Strasbourg.

And yet despite all this, Sharapova has as good a chance as anyone. For one, women's tennis is currently in a state of flux. Serena Williams has been out since Wimbledon 2010 after suffering a foot injury followed by a pulmonary embolism. Caroline Wozniacki and Vera Zvonareva have still to win their maiden Slam, Kim Clijsters is currently struggling with right shoulder and wrist issues and defending champion Francesca Schiavone finds herself under immense pressure having not made the final of a tournament since last June.

Maria meanwhile is on the up. After reaching the semis at Indian Wells in March, she followed that with an appearance in the final in Miami in early April. Her reputation also tends to work in her favour - in Florida she managed to overcome Romania's Alexandra Dulgheru despite spraining her left ankle, and she also seems to have the Indian sign over plenty of the main figures on the WTA circuit, particularly those from Eastern Europe. Among her main rivals, only Serena, Kim and her Miami conqueror Victoria Azarenka have positive head-to-head records against her.

Will that be enough to carry her to Roland Garros glory? Her game is more suited to the hallowed lawns of Wimbledon, but the fact that she is back in the top 10 can only be good news for women's tennis - and of course for Sharapova. "If you'd seen me back in May 2010 when I had to pull out of The French, I was totally out of shape," she said in Florida. "I've made a real come-back and it's something that I'm very proud of." And something which gives her every right to fancy her chances at The French.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:06 AM   #2353
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot all about braidpova
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #2354
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maria Sharapova
Arrived today in Rome a few days too early, but what a nice city. We are having major hotel issues but should be resolved soon. Don’t you hate when websites false advertise? These hotels spend all their money on a fancy website then you arrive at the hotel and you’re like, this is not the same hotel I just saw on line?” Back to the practice court tomorrow!!!!

21 minutes ago · 2571952 · Like · · Share
Masha was duped!!!

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #2355
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread