Originally Posted by Maria Croft
Well that sucks, that makes her changes of getting the #8 seed in time for Roland Garros very slim.
if Maria makes from the clay tournaments:
- less points than JJ, but the difference is < 275
- less points than Bartoli, but the difference is < 595
- less points than Sveta, but the difference is < 705
- less points than Kvitova, but the difference is < 798
- less points than Radwanska, but the difference is < 845,
then Maria will be TOP-8 before RG and seeded 8th.
Alternatively if Maria gets:
- 126 points more than Stosur
- 290 points more than Li Na
then Maria will move a place higher in the ranking and will be TOP-7.
If instead "or" it is "and" Maria will be TOP-6.
Of course provided JJ, Marion, Sveta, etc. will not pass Maria.
So, there is a chance.
But seeded in the group 9 - 12 is not bad....