** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #2131
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #2132
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all

March 29, 2011

M. SHARAPOVA/A. Dulgheru

3 6, 7 6, 7 6

An interview with:

MARIA SHARAPOVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can you talk about that match? It's obviously one of the most dramatic matches of the tournament, if not this year?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it was long. It was tough. It was not my best performance, but, you know, I gutted it out till the end. I didn't feel great throughout the match. I was making too many errors.
My opponent was playing really well and consistent, and I just never felt, even though I had the lead, I just never took care of it. But at the end of the day I won, so I'm really happy.

Q. How much of an impact was the crowd? Could you really feel the energy in the building?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, after, you know, they've spent the whole day with the rain delays, and, you know, sitting around waiting for matches and then the match goes long, so, you know, their enthusiasm builds. You can definitely feel the energy.

Q. Were you asked already about your ankle?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No.

Q. We saw it. It made everyone cringe. It was quite a turn. How much did it hurt? How does it feel now?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It hurt when I did it. Yeah, I iced it a lot and did an ice bath and got it taped. Yeah, I think I'll be okay. I'm tough.

Q. How about right after that. Was it hard to play on it or step on it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It was taped. I don't really get taped much, so it was a weird feeling, first of all, for me. I haven't had tape actually anywhere I think for the last five, six years.
So I just don't like tape at all. I feel really restricted, so that was really strange.

Q. Did you have the feeling that the court was particularly slow with the humidity?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, but that's expected. It was really humid. It was probably it's expected in Miami. I mean, I've trained in Florida so many years, and sometimes at night it gets even worse than during the day.
Yeah, the conditions were really slow, and I think that helped a lot.

Q. How do you see your match against Petkovic?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I didn't have a good result against her in Australia, so, yeah, I'm looking forward to it. It's the semifinal. She's playing really good tennis.
Yeah, I'll have to definitely raise my level.

Q. But you are playing better now than in Australia?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I feel like I'm today wasn't my best tennis that I played in the last couple tournaments, but it doesn't matter. I played a few good matches here already, and, yeah, I just have to build on what I have.

Q. Do you have any particular plans for tomorrow in terms of training, practicing?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think it will just be pretty basic, just work on the strokes if my ankle lets me.

Q. What is it about Petkovic? What's she been doing in the last few matches, you know, to beat the players she's been beating?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I haven't seen any of them, but knowing how she played against me, she's very steady, you know, really good athlete, moves really well around the court.
But, yeah, she's in really good form and playing, you know, some of the best tennis of her career.

Q. You look very, very happy at the end of the match. It is because you win not playing your good tennis?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah. Some days are like that when you don't feel that many things are working for you and you're making a lot of errors, but you just find a way to win.
You know, it sometimes feels better, because if you're up and everything goes your way and it's easy I mean, of course, that's great, it's fantastic but sometimes when it's tough and you find yourself down and then up but never really playing your best tennis, it's always nice to win.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #2133
country flag Lucas_Arg

Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of

Glad to hear is a minor issue.
But of course, we have to wait until she wakes up today.
Lucas_Arg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #2134
country flag The Norwegian

The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian

Let's not all become delusional here. She's not a fighter. She's a nice person with a good eye-hand coordination, and a lover.
The Norwegian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #2135
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

if she wasn't a fighter she would have lost that match in 2 sets!!
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #2136
country flag The Norwegian

The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian

Both fighter and a lover?
The Norwegian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #2137
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

No one asked her why she called the trainer the first time....
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #2138
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
No one asked her why she called the trainer the first time....
The first time? So before she turned her ankle?
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #2139
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

I watched the whole match and I only saw her call a trainer for the ankle turn. She called for her coach between the 2nd and 3rd set. Is that maybe what you're thinking of?

What an epic match. The third set was amazing for the drama! I'm so glad I didn't give up on her and go to bed.
canadia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #2140
country flag joćo.
;

joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I think I'll be okay. I'm tough.
joćo. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #2141
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

No one knows for sure, of course, but I believe it is possible that this could be a significant turning point in Maria's recovery. She has had a lot of matches in which her main opponent was herself. On days when her skills are working anywhere close to normal, she usually wins. Her losses have come from deluges of double faults and errors. This time, despite plenty of opportunities to just let the match get away--she did not let it happen. Now, she has two ways to win--one, with her normal game, and two, with a strong mental determination overcoming not having a great day.

Time will tell.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #2142
country flag Lucas_Arg

Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of

Any news/tweets about her training today?
Lucas_Arg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #2143
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I know of so far. Maria said she will play if her foot allows her to. If she needs a lot of rest then I hope the match will be a night one (although it would be extremely humid and Frizzypova will show up—who rarely loses [if she did at all]—but Frizzypova rarely closes matches in two sets either. ).
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #2144
country flag s_j

s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute s_j has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
Not that I know of so far. Maria said she will play if her foot allows her to. If she needs a lot of rest then I hope the match will be a night one (although it would be extremely humid and Frizzypova will show up—who rarely loses [if she did at all]—but Frizzypova rarely closes matches in two sets either. ).
I don't want another night match. As much as I love frizzypova, she lost her night match at AO, lost it at IW and nearly lost it here in Miami. Hopefully, because the other semi-final will be decided today and they won't have a day's break, Maria will be in the daytime. She seems to play a lot better when there's less humidity!
YEC Champion 2004 - London 2012 Olympics Silver Medallist
s_j is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #2145
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is practicing.

via FortyDeuce's Twitter:

Masha practicing next door. Ankle heavily taped. Lots of whispers with Hoggy about it. Has a physio on court to work on proper tape.
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread