** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 118 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #1756
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

All I know is that spraying FH almost made me cry during AO.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #1757
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMary View Post
^^Well, Masha was definitely at her "heaviest" or should I say "fullest" in mid 06/07...
I think these are from that era..

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....ostcount=10118

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....ostcount=10119
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #1758
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are underestimating the difficulty of this sport and her injury.

Its not as easy as just saying "get a second serve and forehand"....
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #1759
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

I think, mentally, the injury has that impact on her.

It HAS to be playing in her mind everytime she's about to hit a serve. And by having that doubt, she is nervous and likely to hit a double fault or not getting the ball in.

But, you know, if she cares about her shoulder, that means she cares about tennis and she's not going to quit and she'll keep going until she gets back to the top of the game.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #1760
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Off to Paris, another trip to Moscow where I can't play my best tennis. I think I want it too much. Glad the team won, that is most important. I want to Thank all the amazing Russian fans that were in Olympic stadium cheering for me. I can't tell you how special that was for me, it meant so much.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #1761
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she plays the finals.

And maybe win it in the deciding doubles?

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #1762
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
All I know is that spraying FH almost made me cry during AO.
yuppo
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 03:24 AM   #1763
country flag Jacey

Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
Just like Roddick some years ago. I think she sees one from time to time. All the players should. It's lonely out there.
Also, perseus2006.
Yep
I just don't see how what Maria has gone through can't affect her mentally....is all I'm sayin.

Old Feb 7th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #1764
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe all she needs is a brain transplant. She can have mine in exchange for hers. It does pretty well at relieving mental pressures, but would turn her into an epic road rager! It would also get confused by being able to see the world from 12 inches higher...

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 04:39 AM   #1765
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

She wants it but just can't produce it. Sad
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #1766
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sharapova sees Dubai as a springboard
Dubai: Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova is hoping that her week at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships will provide the springboard to set her firmly back on the road to the top of the game.

Colm McLoughlin, Managing Director of tournament owners and organisers Dubai Duty Free, is looking forward to welcoming Sharapova back to Dubai after a lengthy absence from the tournament.

"Maria is one of the true champions of the game and is highly sought after by every tournament in the world" stated McLoughlin.

"We are thrilled that she is now free of her injury troubles and is able to join us once again at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships," he added.

The glamorous Russian has struggled to recapture the form that took her to number one in the world and three Grand Slam titles, after a serious shoulder injury took her off the WTA tour for nine frustrating months and dropped her out of the world's top 100. But although she has struggled since returning to the game she is happy to be playing at all, she says.

"My body feels the best it has in a long time and I am confident that my results will keep improving. I am playing Fed Cup and then Paris before coming to Dubai, so I have a nice schedule coming up," said Sharapova.

Last season was a successful one for the world's highest earning woman athlete, as she won titles in Memphis and Strasbourg and reached the final of three further events in Birmingham, Stanford and Cincinnati. Now she is ready to take a further step back to where she knows she belongs.

Competitive person

"My ambitions are still very much there. I've been a competitive girl ever since I was pretty much born. I love the sport. Whether it's a loss or a win, I try to move on from that and build on it," she said.

As for Sharapova's thoughts on Dubai, the Russian star reckoned: "I am looking forward to playing in Dubai again. It is such a great city and I have some really good memories from playing there.

"I remember many years ago doing a shoot at an indoor skiing facility. That was really cool. I think it was the first indoor skiing place in the world. I loved it."

"I have never had the chance to visit Dubai just for fun unfortunately, as we have such busy schedules during the season, but after my career it will definitely be on my list," she added.

Sharapova will face the strongest possible challenge as she seeks to go one stage further than she did on her previous trip to Dubai in 2006, when she defeated Martina Hingis and Lindsay Davenport before falling in the final to Justine Henin.
http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/sha...board-1.758156

Last edited by Sharapovian : Feb 7th, 2011 at 12:28 PM.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #1767
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

I remember that! wasn't it with davenport?

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #1768
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

^^Yes.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1769
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

The spraying of the FH is the reason i was so sad and down after her loss after the AO, her return was just worse than ever in that match seriously bad
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #1770
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope she gets her confidence up again by playing Paris and Dubai. I would hate to see early exists at IW/Miami again
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread