** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 108 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #1606
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

whore more tourneys Maria.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #1607
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Maria was mentioned in a story about athletes and charities--not sure what their point was, but I think Maria handles things well in this area, compared to many others...

Maria Sharapova has a foundation that presently offers scholarships to students from Chernobyl-affected regions of Belarus, where Sharapova has ties. Sharapova’s Foundation website says that the scholarships for select students are at the Belarusian State Academy of Arts and the Belarusian State University, but details at the site are sketchy even a year later. (?)

Ten years ago USA Today looked at more than 250 charities closely affiliated with sports celebrities and found a mixed bag. About 50 percent were considered ‘efficient,’ that is they spent no less than 75% of expenses on actual charitable work. But a goodly chunk seemed to be better at fun raising than fundraising.

USA Today reported that while intentions were often good, few athletes or even their representatives were well prepared for the work of running a charitable foundation.
“Sosa Foundation President Chase acknowledges he made mistakes and figures he’s not alone.

“‘I was running it kind of like a private business. Now I understand there’s a difference. ... One of the IRS guys commented to me, ‘All these athletes start these things, but they never finish them because they don’t understand what it entails... They’re hiring brothers, mothers and fathers.’”

Moreover, the Internal Revenue Service requires a high level of reporting transparency from public and private charities in the United States. The USA Today story detailed cases where athletes were largely uninvolved in charities that carried their name, but because the charity was poorly managed it turned out to be a public relations nightmare for the celebrity.

In short, if they manage their Foundations with probity and prudence, sports celebrities can rightly expect the cause jewel in their endorsement crown to provide a real halo effect. If not, the celebrity foundation can be a crown of thorns.

Read more: http://causerelatedmarketing.blogspo...#ixzz1CGIdHNcV

Charity biography

Sharapova is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Development Programme.

Causes supported

Cancer, Children, Economic/Business Support, Education, Health, Philanthropy, Poverty, Women

Charities & foundations supported (6)

Maria Sharapova has supported the following charities:

Great Ormond Street Hospital
Heroes in Heels
Maria Sharapova Foundation
United Nations Development Programme
Variety - The Children's Charity
Wish Upon A Hero Foundation
Other supporters of the same charities & foundations
Aisha Tyler Ali Larter Brooke Burke Colbie Caillat Estelle Kimberly Caldwell Martina McBride Meg Cabot Miley Ray Cyrus Miranda Lambert Reba McEntire Samantha Harris Scarlett Johansson Susan Lucci Taylor Swift

Read more: http://www.looktothestars.org/celebr...#ixzz1CGHPEXCm
nelsondan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #1608
country flag The Norwegian

The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian The Norwegian

Maybe one day she will get the Nobel Peace Prize. That would be cool.
The Norwegian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #1609
country flag trimtrab

trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice trimtrab is just really nice

^^
Masha will redeem this world

and mods, someone, please ban that "guy with that phillipa shit". he seems to like to bring every piece of trash he happens to pick up. SS is not a trash bin.
trimtrab is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #1610
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to see if she actually plays Paris. I'm sure Li Na and Clijsters will be there as well . I would love to have seen Maria up there playing in the finals with Kim .

Hopefully she'll make a good run in one of the slams this year
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #1611
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

4th round is a good run, no?
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #1612
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

No.
atominside is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #1613
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

Possible exhibition, featuring Masha, Roger, Rafa and Serena, on March 8th:

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.d...&DB_OEM_ID=500
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #1614
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

March 8th? During Indian Wells? Not gonna happen. If so, I'll be mad at Masha.

Seems to be official.
WTF?

Last edited by Marilyn Monheaux : Jan 29th, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #1615
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
No.
Dis

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #1616
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Still in the official entry list for IW.

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Player...r-Landing.aspx
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #1617
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

lol it's pretty obvious she wont miss indian wells for an exo

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #1618
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

^^Lol. I'm not saying she's not playing IW. Masha, along with Fed & Rafa, probably won't play until Thursday or Friday, I'm just saying it's freaking STOOPID to play some stupid exo right before (more specifically in the middle of ) an important tournament.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #1619
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all clearly know Maria's priorities are wrong.
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #1620
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Perfect, she isnt playing Indian Wells then
atominside is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread